DVDVR Message Board

New Day Rawks 3-14-16

MGFanJay

The good news: TEAM BAD is going to Wrestlemania! It's looking like Paige/Alicia & Nikki vs Lana, Naomi & Tamina. It will be about 3 minutes tops I imagine, but that's okay I guess.

Yeah, I was hoping that they would squeeze them in. And I know that this is just an excuse to get a Wrestlemania storyline on Total Divas and I'm sure that it will indeed be 3 minutes, but I'll take what I can get. 

Zayn got fucked because winning via a distraction isn't his gig at all.

The good news: TEAM BAD is going to Wrestlemania! It's looking like Paige/Alicia & Nikki vs Lana, Naomi & Tamina. It will be about 3 minutes tops I imagine, but that's okay I guess.

I think you mean Brie instead of Nikki

Did anyone else notice, that when the announcers plugged all the events and shows that are airing on the network leading up to Wrestlemania, they didn't mention NXT Takeover Dallas at all?

For a week of events and show there's nothing on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday. That's nearly half of the week.

Did anyone else notice, that when the announcers plugged all the events and shows that are airing on the network leading up to Wrestlemania, they didn't mention NXT Takeover Dallas at all?

For a week of events and show there's nothing on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday. That's nearly half of the week.

Well, they are calling it Wrestlemania week, not me. ;)

Even more curious that they would omit one thing that is actually happening that week.

It has always bugged me how WWE books non-wrestlers. Non-wrestlers are put on the same level as wrestlers and can hold their own. Which from a kayfabe perspective makes no sense whatsoever. Any non-wrestler should be knocked our or submitted in ten seconds. Taker just went to war with Brock and lived. In what world is he now taking punches from Shane. 

Zayns time on the roster shows the disconnect between nxt and the main roster is enormous. As good as nxt is, it is still only watched by a small percentage of the audience. The majority of the live crowd has now idea who he is and is not invested in the Owens v. Zayn storyline. WWE needs to do a better job of bridging the gap between the two brands. Much like Breeze, you can't just throw someone out there and assume the audience knows the wrestler.

HHH v. Dolph was great. It legitimized both wrestlers. Perfect booking. 

That might be the "realist" video they have ever posted.

It is fucking brutal - not because of anything graphic but because of seeing Neville's face when the doctor confirms he feels a break and he knows what that means.

Also - others have said it - but thank God Jericho can think that quickly as after Robinson fucks up the roll up count to instantly shove him to get the DQ was brilliant.

Why the mic was that hot for us to hear everything - who knows?

• Like 1

Man...I just watched that and seeing Neville's face brought tears to my eyes. Sucks for the guy. Really sucks. I wonder if there's any chance he gets any kind of WM compensation getting injured this close to the event or if it's a "sorry for your bad luck" type of thing.

As for Roman, wow. That sound last night, or lack thereof, was the sound of the window closing on Roman and this push. I know we joke about HHH winning, but I wouldn't be upset or annoyed at all if creative decided to pivot and have HHH go over. I don't know what you do with Roman at that point except have him go heel.

Maybe the best way to have him go heel is have him so pissed at HHH that he shows up at NXT and just verbally trashes everything about it.

That might be the "realist" video they have ever posted.

It is fucking brutal - not because of anything graphic but because of seeing Neville's face when the doctor confirms he feels a break and he knows what that means.

That really fucking sucks.  It is absolutely crazy just how many guys are not only getting injured but "out for six months or more" injured.

Also - others have said it - but thank God Jericho can think that quickly as after Robinson fucks up the roll up count to instantly shove him to get the DQ was brilliant.

Why the mic was that hot for us to hear everything - who knows?

Video of the Jericho match.  

The break happens at about 3:49.  You can clearly hear Neville saying to Jericho "I think I broke my ankle."  Jericho responds "For real?" and then rolls him up.

Robinson breaks it at two, Jericho stands up, shoves him hard, and clearly says "What the fuck are you doing, he's hurt."  CR dq's him and says "Don't you fucking touch me."

That's one of the most real moments I've ever seen and it's fascinating.

That backstage Neville video is just awful.  I feel so bad for him.  That's got to be thousands and thousands of dollars just flying out the window on a spot he's done 1000 times. 

Soooo....why didn't Roman come out 2 minutes earlier to cost HHH the match???

Romans from the Cena school of facedom? Why come out and aid another face when you could you know let him lose then take your vengeance. Even thou from a story telling angle it would have fit for Roman to cost Ziggler the match leading to Ziggler taking Hunter up on the offer to get some better backing from earlier in the night.

And we can't have Roman doing anything too likeable, right?   

Seriously, am I crazy in thinking HHH may retain?  

I don't think you're crazy. At this point, it feels 50/50. I know Rippa said that Pittsburgh usually sucks, and that's fair, but there was something about it that screamed apathy. For the first time in awhile, I'll be interested in what the quarter hour ratings were to see just how Roman moved the dial.