DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] RD1B: SETH ROLLINS vs. EMMA

MM16: 1st RDB - SETH ROLLINS vs. EMMA  

131 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I don't hate Rollins but man is he not an effective heel.

Emma, on the other hand, has gone from cute and adorable babyface to evil, Marvel Villain heel in just about a year. She's is the Viper/Madame Hydra of NXT and it has led to her matches being highly watchable

James

Whether or not you vote for her, I ask that those of you with the WWE Network who don't watch NXT's weekly show go back and watch all of Emma's squash matches in the run-up to the Asuka match at Takeover: London. She was vicious. Some of the best squash matches I've seen in a long time. 

I feel like the way Emma turned heel and found this amazing bad ass character that was so much better than her face work is exactly what we'll be saying about Rollins next year after be comes back from injury as a face as compared to his work this year.

But this is this year and the Emma/Dana Brooke act is one of my favorite in all of wrestling right now.

Voted for Emma because I was on the Emma hype train way early and for once I was actually right about something!

Also, if we get Seth out now we can avoid a lot of negativity.

Does Emma get bonus points for seemingly re-invigorating Zack Ryder?

Seth shouldn't lose this matchup, but the Seth hate is ridiculous and is primarily due to shitty booking and this fucked up and stupid notion that he's dangerous because Sting got injured. You would think that Seth legit went to Sting's house and beat the shit out of him with a baseball bat or something. 

• Like 4

Degree of difficulty apparently means nothing around here.  Sure, Rollins is bad at the HHH style heel promo.  He is miscast as a corporate heel.  He is has been hurt by the booking.

Could you imagine what would happen if they give Emma a mic and told her to go out there for 15 minutes?  

• Like 1

Does Emma get bonus points for seemingly re-invigorating Zack Ryder?

From me, she gets negative points for having terrible taste.

I am going to need to give this some more thought. I think people are being way too dismissive of Seth, but I do like me some Emma.

Degree of difficulty apparently means nothing around here. Sure, Rollins is bad at the HHH style heel promo. He is miscast as a corporate heel. He is has been hurt by the booking.

Could you imagine what would happen if they give Emma a mic and told her to go out there for 15 minutes?

Can I vote for her twice?

She would be just as bad as Rollins but I don't understand how that is a point in Rollins favor

And Rollins didn't cut a single promo all year as good as Emma's promos when she returned to NXT and was telling Bayley what a fool she was

The Rollins hate is bad.  That said, he was bad in his role, and overcompensated with the shitty SuperIndy style.  

Emma had the better in-ring and character year in this one.

Degree of difficulty apparently means nothing around here.  Sure, Rollins is bad at the HHH style heel promo.  He is miscast as a corporate heel.  He is has been hurt by the booking.

Good point. She's just as stilted and awkward, though that has been masked by her partnership with Dana, which should be more of a credit to Dana that it should be for Emma.

And don't get me wrong. I like Emma a lot. I think the heel turn has been really good for her career. She's just not as good as Seth, ESPECIALLY White Power Ranger Pants Seth.

She has improved a bunch  Like, the gap between where she was when she got the first call up and where she is now is huge.  

It sort of also proves my degree of difficulty point.  She was paired up with one of the most entertaining people on the main roster and it bombed.  Hard. It's not all that easy on the main roster.  Seth was put in a role he was not comfortable in, in a situation that was legit can't win from a booking perspective and he was still a heat magnet.  He and Cena carried the main show for a better part of the year.  He was the best part of WM and legit saved the damn show.  Like, for how awful the booking was with his title reign, I'm having a hard time imagining how they would have managed without him.

Also, J AND J SECURITY.