DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - Halftime

Dolfan in NYC

I have a question about Dwight though.  Are we sure he's good?

Sorry, I've been listening to too much BS. 

I really love the way Boston is playing right now. Thomas has been out of his mind. You can always count on a crazy game because either the Celts are going to blow a big lead or they're going to keep fighting and make any game close.

I have a question about Dwight though.  Are we sure he's good?

Sorry, I've been listening to too much BS. 

I really love the way Boston is playing right now. Thomas has been out of his mind. You can always count on a crazy game because either the Celts are going to blow a big lead or they're going to keep fighting and make any game close.

He doesn't score a ton anymore, but 15 points, 12 boards, 1.5 blocks and 1 steal a night? Pretty damn good still.

But I'm not sure he's good enough to change a team dramatically for the better.

Wouldn't he and Thomas be a great pick and roll combination? Brent Barry was ripping Houston during the GSW game about how they were continually having Dwight work the block, which isn't his strength. But Harden is better at ISO play and driving to the paint, so they're building around him (as they should).

• Like 1

This dunk contest was insane. Aaron Gordon's Fosbury Flop over Stuff, The Magic Dragon was one of the all-time greatest. I still think my favorite contest ever was the year Blake won, but that was because of the performance art set pieces before hand. But in terms of absurd dunking, this brought it.

Someone should dunk over a pit of manure if they ever hold an ASG in a farm heavy state again. The rubes would go gangbusters for it. Or perhaps just a few dairy cows.

Even Gordon's last dunk was epic.  They should have just given it to both of them. 

Yeah!  Made me wonder whether the judges see the slow motion replay.  It didn't look like much in real time, but then on the replay you see he went behind his head, all the way down to between his legs, all the way back up to dunk it.

Part of the problem is when someone gets a perfect score of 50 and then someone else later on does a dunk that's better than that.  You can't give them an 11.  Shaq looked bad giving a 9 two times when everyone else gave a 10, but I think he actually had the right idea.  Can't complain when we got a show like that, though.

Even Gordon's last dunk was epic. They should have just given it to both of them.

Yeah! Made me wonder whether the judges see the slow motion replay. It didn't look like much in real time, but then on the replay you see he went behind his head, all the way down to between his legs, all the way back up to dunk it.

Part of the problem is when someone gets a perfect score of 50 and then someone else later on does a dunk that's better than that. You can't give them an 11. Shaq looked bad giving a 9 two times when everyone else gave a 10, but I think he actually had the right idea. Can't complain when we got a show like that, though.

Isnt Shaq argument for the '9's that they were on second try dunks and thous you shouldn't get a 50 if you miss the first try?

Why is everyone ignoring Draymond losing a three point shooting contest to Kevin Hart? Dude should be forced to retire. They were so sure of the outcome they only had one script for after, making it super awkward when Draymond talked about how he won.

Why is everyone ignoring Draymond losing a three point shooting contest to Kevin Hart? Dude should be forced to retire. They were so sure of the outcome they only had one script for after, making it super awkward when Draymond talked about how he won.

He didn't lose, Kevin Hart's last shot didn't beat the buzzer

Part of the problem is when someone gets a perfect score of 50 and then someone else later on does a dunk that's better than that. You can't give them an 11. Shaq looked bad giving a 9 two times when everyone else gave a 10, but I think he actually had the right idea. Can't complain when we got a show like that, though.

My revision would be for the second round to just have both dunkers do their two dunks then have each judge pick who they thought was better.

Wait, you guys wanted less of what we got last night?  I think Gordon had the best single dunk, but Lavine had so many crazy dunks that looked so effortless.  Going between the legs from just inside the free throw line is absolutely mind blowing.  I wish that Gordon would have got a 50 on that one too, just so I could see what they would have come up with next. 

The Heat's massive interest in D12 makes a lot more sense.  

Chris Bosh may have another blood clot issue.  This may be it for him if it's bad.  

Dog+licks+lime+look+at+the+tags_3c1f45_3

Grrr..... no that's not going to do it....

et8w8Rn.gif

God damn it.... one more. 

eAPNPu7.gif

Okay...

I think I'm okay now.  

• Like 1