DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - Halftime

Dolfan in NYC

Well, it's All-Star break time.   

Dunk offs, the unwatchable game itself, and random ridiculous trades.

And speaking of which, Dwight Howard has told the Rockets he's opting out at the end of the year, so he's getting shopped. 

Greatly amused that it's been a very mild winter in Toronto, and suddenly now that people are here for All-Star Weekend it's going to get down to roughly -35 tonight with the wind.  Granted, no one really has to be outside for more than like 30 seconds if they don't want to.

Well, it's All-Star break time.   

Dunk offs, the unwatchable game itself, and random ridiculous trades.

And speaking of which, Dwight Howard has told the Rockets he's opting out at the end of the year, so he's getting shopped. 

I'm curious which franchise has the right combination of desperation and players to trade for him and money under the cap. Oh, and the stupidity to think that he'll help and not sin your ship. Can't be too many of those around anymore. . . .

Kevin Pelton has an insider article up on ESPN in which he says Harden should be the guy to go. I'm no longer an insider, but that sounds like a fun read.

Trading James Harden right now could not possibly end well.  There is no way you could get more than 50 cents on the dollar, and no matter what happens your fans will hate you.  You may not win a title with him, but you don't get rid of top 10 players when they are in their prime.  It is like trading a top 10 quarterback, you have to keep him because there will never be anyone better than him available.

You don't think the Knicks or Lakers would dump a bunch of players and whatever picks they have left to get Harden? Other teams that miss out on Durant in the summer would probably be more than willing to part with great assets for Harden.

You don't think the Knicks or Lakers would dump a bunch of players and whatever picks they have left to get Harden? Other teams that miss out on Durant in the summer would probably be more than willing to part with great assets for Harden.

Every team on earth would trade everything they could to get him, it would just be stupid for Houston to get rid of him.  He was the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world last season, you can't trade him. 

Kevin Pelton has an insider article up on ESPN in which he says Harden should be the guy to go. I'm no longer an insider, but that sounds like a fun read.

Never going to read this, but I can safely judge this dude as an idiot.  There is literally no credible argument in the world for this opinion.

Who is legitimately one player away that renting a guy makes sense, and needs rim protection and rebounding desperately enough to take s chance on what's left of Dwight Howard?

Boston.

They were the first team I thought of to, but are they really close enough to give up serious assests to get Dwight when he can walk at the end of the year.

I mean, does Dwight Howard make Boston a legitimate contender this year?

i think so. The have a great coach, good offense, a go to scorer and tons of depth. They could give up picks and keep all this young talent about to enter their primes like Crowder, Sully and Bradley. Smart has upside that is more long term, but still gives you great defense. Add one of the best defenders/rebounders/rim protectors to a team that is used to being bullied around and I think they have enough to beat Cleveland.

Sage cut off the dude from Arcade Fire RIGHT before the Bernie endorsement.  Pretty epic use of celebrity game MVP speech if I do say so myself. 

If this was TNT they would have asked a follow up health care question before transitioning to a Chuck vs Win Butler debate.  Man, ESPN sucks so much.

• Like 2