DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... Last Try

RIPPA

I would say that I would expect Josh Matthews or Billy Corgan to tell us that TNA is bringing back AJ and it would be someone fired from developmental called Anthony Johnson Stiles but they taped months ahead so Wrestlemania will probably be over by then

Only thing better would be bringing AJ Brooks and her husband.

They showed what they thought of AJ when they thought they had him backed in a corner.

In a way I like TNA more as a shambling mockery of a promotion than actually dead.

It's almost like Herb Abrams was still alive.
His memory is kept alive in the enlarged hearts and racing thoughts of cokehead promoters and prostitutes.
  • Like 1

I expect TNA to do what bad sports franchises do when they get rejected by a prized free agent. Go throw all that money at people that aren't worth it.

The AJ story explains so much about "Miracle" Mike Bennett's signing.

Mike Bennett was the throw-in with the Maria deal. The best thing TNA could do would be to sign Matt Taven and put he and Bennett back together.

That suit is hot fire, but also, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF JOHNNY'S TIE!

If you have Antenna TV, they're running the old Tonight Shows (billed as just Johnny Carson on the guides since NBC owns the tonight show name) every weeknight at 11pm and God, these shows from the early and late 80's are great. I wish they would show them chronologically though so I could see that Paul Williams one.

As for TNA, man that Death of TNA book is going to be about the size of War and Peace when it's written and that will just be volume one.

TNA is like watching a loved one battle a long illness. While you want to see them pull through, you don't want to watch them suffer.

TNA could have been good. It could have been really good with the talent they've had over the years. I want to see wrestlers with as many promotions to work for as possible. I don't want to see anyone in TNA out of a job right now, except for Dixie.

I'd say TNA is more like watching someone you loathe go through a long illness. You really want him to die, but it's fun watching him sit around and be miserable after what he did to you when you were young and naive. The fucking monster...

Also, the "I don't want to see anyone in TNA out of a job" thing would have more merit if they were paying people with something other then NFLOpoly money (They can't afford to buy Monopoly copies anymore, too expensive)

• Like 3

I would say that I would expect Josh Matthews or Billy Corgan to tell us that TNA is bringing back AJ and it would be someone fired from developmental called Anthony Johnson Stiles but they taped months ahead so Wrestlemania will probably be over by then

That's not TNA enough to go for it.

Now, TNA debuting Jaysean Stiles, the stereotypical hairdresser for the Dollhouse? THAT would be a TNA move. Throw in the real-life mockery of Styles, and it's got everything they'd need to be truly TNA.

That's not TNA enough to go for it.

Now, TNA debuting Jaysean Stiles, the stereotypical hairdresser for the Dollhouse? THAT would be a TNA move. Throw in the real-life mockery of Styles, and it's got everything they'd need to be truly TNA.

You don't think Vince would ever do something like that? Lol

I have to laugh at how often Dolph Ziggler is the jumping point for all the podcasts and Network specials to start talking about the problem with modern wrestling. And then they'll always be like, "I don't mean to pick on Dolph..." and then talk about all the dumb shit he does. 

• Like 2

So, how long have the Wyatt's been doing the upside down Horseman gimmick with their hands? I only noticed it this week....

Also, if I'm late to the party, does it actually mean anything?