DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... Last Try

RIPPA

The Megadeth instrumental also appeared on an EP called Cryptic Sounds that was only released in Japan and South America, which was just a few songs from Cryptic Writings done as instrumentals. So I dunno if it was a rights issue, it might've just been that although it's a cool song the lyrics probably just didn't fit. And even though it's credited to Motorhead, Enter Sandman was actually Lemmy singing with a band called Zebrahead that I'm not really familiar with. I'm honestly surprised HHH has never aped it for a WM entrance or something

His little bit of air guitar moves it into 'so bad its good' territory.

He did an entire outfit change just got that shot. At the cemetery. He took of his clothes and put on new ones while a crew stood there. And then he did that.  And then they were like "Got it."

• Like 1

Well, I can't un-see or un-hear this....so it's your turn.

http://youtu.be/kd6MCIEkztQ

Isn't that a ripoff of a Lynyrd Skynyrd song? It sounds really familiar.

Sounds a bit like The Ballad of Curtis Loew, ran through a shitty modern country sheen.

But "sometimes Jimmy Jam came along" is the best bad line I've heard in quite some time.

• Like 1

The Megadeth instrumental also appeared on an EP called Cryptic Sounds that was only released in Japan and South America, which was just a few songs from Cryptic Writings done as instrumentals. So I dunno if it was a rights issue, it might've just been that although it's a cool song the lyrics probably just didn't fit. And even though it's credited to Motorhead, Enter Sandman was actually Lemmy singing with a band called Zebrahead that I'm not really familiar with. I'm honestly surprised HHH has never aped it for a WM entrance or something

Zebrahead is actually a p cool band.

• Like 1

I believe in the liner notes it was mentioned that they got it to be Jerry Lynn's theme but with the strings it was totally wrong for a wrestling theme, so I remember they used to use it most during the background of the ECW Hotline commercials on TNN.

• Like 1

Hayes lost all his coolness by 1990. 

Michael Hayes was never, ever cool. Ever 

Not true.  When he starts grooving in that suit he reminds me a lot of Paul Williams:

pwcarson_thumb_510x347_53346.jpg

I defy you to outcool that on your best day.

I'm not hating on Paul Williams. I own Phantom of the Paradise and the Muppet Movie. I'm featured in a documentary that he narrated. I've met him personally and quietly marked out. P.S. has never been as cool as Paul Williams.

TNA put out a press release today complaining about AJ, Anderson, and Gallows not signing with TNA. Which then killed their site:

AJ Styles has always been synonymous with TNA and TNA synonymous with AJ Styles. AJ helped build the foundation of IMPACT WRESTLING, and his phenomenal body of work lives in our rich history – something we are very proud of.

In the last few weeks, rumors have swirled about AJ Styles, his future and TNA Wrestling. Fans have asked for the status and wrestling media have made numerous inquiries.

For the past several months, AJ and TNA were involved in serious discussions to bring him back home to TNA. Creative discussions escalated and two additional wrestlers, Drew Hankinson and Chad Allegra, were enthusiastically added.

These discussions culminated on December 14th in Nashville, Tenn., where all attended a meeting at Dixie Carter’s home. A handshake and written deal between AJ, Drew, Chad and TNA was agreed upon and signed by all. Start dates were determined, creative decided, merchandise designed and plane tickets purchased.

Over the Christmas holiday, and after the lawyers finalized the long form agreement, all communication with TNA stopped.

AJ’s lawyer contacted TNA and stated the wrestlers had changed their mind and would not be honoring their commitment to TNA.

I think he refuted the stories about Bryan going to see Dr. Maroon this week, when he was just in town for an auto show (replacing Rollins). I believe this was a separate audio update, saying he was cleared by doctors at UCLA, but WWE still hasn't cleared him.

Of course, I could be wrong. It's hard to keep all of this straight. I just wish WWE would shit or get off the 'pot. Either tell Bryan he's not going to wrestle for them ever again, or clear the guy and be done with it.

Had an awful awful daydream today....

Royal Rumble, 30th entry, clock ticks down

"X-Pac, make some noise!!....."

Riots ensue...

Wow...that is eerie.

Did you daydream about any winning lottery numbers or global catastrophes we need to be aware of?!

Fuck.

Nothing about lottery numbers or catastrophes......yet

Zebrahead is actually a p cool band.

Zebrahead did Maria Kanellis' last WWE theme "With Legs Like That" and also had two songs on the soundtrack to the first Smackdown vs Raw game as well.

• Like 1

I would say that I would expect Josh Matthews or Billy Corgan to tell us that TNA is bringing back AJ and it would be someone fired from developmental called Anthony Johnson Stiles but they taped months ahead so Wrestlemania will probably be over by then

Any reason TNA would even mention this?  They come off bitter, make it look like there's something wrong with TNA that'll make them think twice about signing, and pretty much threw them under the bus.  What wrestler would want to even negotiate with them now?