DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2016 Hall of Fame

ChesterCopperpot

There's always the one on here to defend Koko by saying he was a bad-ass in Memphis.  And I'll be the one:

Shows you know what you are talking about. Koko kicked ass in Memphis was really good in the WWF and an act from the 80s boom people have affection for.

Page was a top act when WCW at its height, he deserves it too.

DDP deserves an entry.  He was one of WCW's top guys and a main eventer when they were at one of their highest period.  IMHO, that counts for something.  He was a homegrown star who eventually turned face and became a major star for the company.  

Did his run in WWE suck?  Yes, but he still did time in WWE and he held titles there as well.  Kerry Von Erich didn't have much of a run in WWE, and he was basically jobbed out before he left.  Did he deserve a HOF Induction?  

Sting's HOF is overdue if anything.  To continue arguing over whether he deserved it or not is insane.  You needn't have main evented WrestleMania to justify a WWE Hall of Fame induction.

I love how every year we have to go through the excerise of people being all THEY AREN'T WORTHY OF THE WWE HALL OF FAME!!!

The WWE puts in whoever the fuck they want.

There is no "worthiness"

• Like 8

Speculation on the 2016 HoF class:

Sting

The Freebirds

Vader

Owen Hart

DDP

Honky Tonk Man

Lemmy

I keep waiting for Cindy Lauper to go in as the Celebrity, and this year could've been her year, but with Lemmy just passing away, I think he goes in this year.

Here was my  guess back in August: Sting, Undertaker, Freebirds, Giant Baba, Owen Hart, Lou Thesz, Andy Kaufman, Miss Elizabeth.

Way too many dead people

Are you counting Undertaker?

No but that would amuse me if they kept holding him out under their "only 1 dead person" rule

But yeah - your list had 7

Wouldn't it be funny if they gave the Warrior award to John Cena for all his Make-a-Wish deals?

I mean, they're giving it to the CEO of Susan G Komen at some point, that's obvious. Maybe even this year.

No but that would amuse me if they kept holding him out under their "only 1 dead person" rule

But yeah - your list had 7

So, it's one dead person, one woman, one "international" star, one celebrity, one old-timer and then the rest reasonably recent?

Pretty much.