DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2016 Hall of Fame

ChesterCopperpot

Man...I can't even imagine how awesome Thesz was in his prime just based on shit he was doing in Japan in his 50s and 60s.

YB7sxz9.giff80WoZS.gif

He was pushing 60 in the Thesz/Gotch (pushing 50) vs Inoki/Sakaguchi match and it was fucking rad. Thesz in his prime must have been a true sight to see. WWE DID give him an award in 1997 at Badd Blood 1997 as a St. Louis legend. He was also in the WCW Hall of Fame.

8urmOY0.giff98ho0X.gif

It is curious that he isn't in the WWE HOF. I think it is mostly because the current audience has absolutely no clue who he is and WWE doesn't own much if any footage of him to educate them. I think besides getting awards in WWE and WCW, the only footage WWE owns of Thesz is his appearance on TNT. He's in the crowd or backstage at a couple of NWA/WCW shows in the late 80s, but I don't think WWE actually owns any in ring footage of Lou Thesz.

How much footage does WWE own of Gorgeous George? They had no issue putting him in a few years back.

What are the odds of them doing a Wrestlemania in St. Louis at the Edward James Dome? If Thesz were ever going to go in, that's the class to do it.

I would love to see Vader go in this year but I'm not sure if Harley can induct him. I saw reports he's not in the best of health. Vader said on Twitter if he does go in, he would like his son to induct him.

Ethan Suplee?

• Like 6

I'm not sure how good Lex's appearance is. I recall reading he was close to being a paraplegic. I think he should be in the HOF but I'm not sure what kind of heat he has, if any.

I read something about WWE using him as a counselor of sorts to talk to guys about not getting all fucked up on pills and shit.

I could see it being Flair but I can also see WWE not wanting to trust Flair with a live mic at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

I want Flair to induct Sting so he can turn on him.

Sting's Hall of Fame induction has to end with a Four Horsemen beat down, right?

• Like 1

I'm not sure how good Lex's appearance is. I recall reading he was close to being a paraplegic. I think he should be in the HOF but I'm not sure what kind of heat he has, if any.

I read something about WWE using him as a counselor of sorts to talk to guys about not getting all fucked up on pills and shit.

"I watched Elizabeth die right in front of me!" is some scared straight shit, no joke

If I remember my various interviews with people correctly, they originally planned to have the NAO join DX to help them out when they were kinda teaming with Triple G and HBK in late 97 or early 98. Then they got over on their own and it was decided they didn't need the boost.

Then Shawn's body fell apart and DX needed them instead.

There was definitely something to the NAO to DX plans.  They teased it on Raw when they helped with a beatdown.  Shawn had this look of "Cool, they're helping!  Maybe not DX material but okay."

Regarding the HOF I'd be fine with NAO in HOF, just won't be this year.  I'm still hoping there's a WCCW presence in this, with the von Erichs in the Freebirds should be in this year.

Supposed leaked list:

JBL: JBL has been rumored as a potential inductee for a few weeks now. A Texas native, the WWE announcer and mult-time champion’s former tag team partner Ron Simmons is already in.

* Jacqueline: In what would likely be the yearly Diva induction, Jacqueline is a former WWE Womens Champion who has had runs in most of the major American promotions and was a big part of the Attitude Era women’s division. Jacqueline is from Dallas, where WrestleMania 32 will be held.

* The Fabulous Freebirds: The Freebirds have been reported as a likely inductee for quite a while now and in fact were one of the first names widely rumored for this year. The team is particularly remembered for their time in WCCW in Texas and their feud with the Von Erich family.

* Charles Wright: Best known as The Godfather, Kama and Papa Shango in WWE, Wright will apparently be another induction. Wright held both the Intercontinental and Tag Team Titles during his run and was a very popular member of the Attitude Era.

* Regis Philbin: This year’s celebrity wing inductee will be Philbin, the former host of Live With Regis and Kathy Lee and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Philbin has been a longtime fan of the company and regularly did interviews over the years with WWE stars. He also did guest commentary for Hulk Hogan vs. Sgt. Slaughter at WrestleMania VII.