DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2016 Hall of Fame

ChesterCopperpot

I'd love to see Lex Luger get inducted this year along with Sting. It seems unlikely but he's one I've always hoped for as one of my favorite legends. Luger and Sid are maybe my top two most wanted inductions currently. I'm another that's been hoping each year for Cyndi Lauper to get her induction but figure Lemmy gets this year's as well. I could see Stan Hansen being an outside shot of getting in. If they do a diva induction, I think Jacqueline's a solid choice of the ones mentioned. Should be a pretty top class for as big as this WM is expected to be attendance wise.

Jacqueline would be awesome. 

• Like 1

I think thee was  a right's issue with Demolition, didn't Eadie try to claim IC property on the gimmick leading to some kind of lawsuit with Titan?

James

He did, but supposedly there was no more bad blood once they signed their legends contract. I for one would definitely love to have them in, even if they decide to add Crush.

It's bizarre, but it feels like WWE actually has decided that the Demos really were just second rate Road Warrior ripoffs, and treat them accordingly.

If anything, the Powers of Pain were the Road Warriors rip off, which I get as the PoP feuded with the Road Warriors before leaving for the WWF.

It's bizarre, but it feels like WWE actually has decided that the Demos really were just second rate Road Warrior ripoffs, and treat them accordingly.

Which is a real shame, as both Demolition and Powers of Pain were better than LOD, imo.

I think thee was  a right's issue with Demolition, didn't Eadie try to claim IC property on the gimmick leading to some kind of lawsuit with Titan?

James

He did, but supposedly there was no more bad blood once they signed their legends contract. I for one would definitely love to have them in, even if they decide to add Crush.

Yeah I'd say whatever bad blood there was evaporated once Demolition made it into one of the Smackdown games.

If anything, the Powers of Pain were the Road Warriors rip off, which I get as the PoP feuded with the Road Warriors before leaving for the WWF.

I didn't even know until very recently that Barbarian was very, very briefly the third member of the Road Warriors, which explained his hair cut, tights, and face paint before the Powers of Pain formed.

• Like 1

If they are doing a ref's wing to the HOF, I'm sure Joey Marella would be inducted, not just because of who his father is, but because he reffed what's arguably the biggest match of the 80's, Hogan vs. Andre at WM3. 

Psst, he screwed Andre. 

• Like 1

If there's going to be a ref's wing, I think along with the ones already talked about on here, I think Tim White should get in too. 

I'd also like to see Madusa, Sherri, et. al. moved into a women's wing, so they can start honoring some of the joshi legends like Bull, Dump, Crush Gals, Aja Kong, Manami Toyota, and Akira Hokuto.

• Like 1

The other thing that the WWE needs to consider is differentiating between wrestling deaths. There's such a backlog because they don't see that Pillman, Davey Boy and Rude's deaths are different from Owen dying in the accident, Brody being murdered or Thesz dying of old age.

The other thing that the WWE needs to consider is differentiating between wrestling deaths. There's such a backlog because they don't see that Pillman, Davey Boy and Rude's deaths are different from Owen dying in the accident, Brody being murdered or Thesz dying of old age.

I just realized that Lou Thesz isn't in the WWE Hall of Fame. This needs to change ASAP.

If there's going to be a ref's wing, I think along with the ones already talked about on here, I think Tim White should get in too. 

I'd also like to see Madusa, Sherri, et. al. moved into a women's wing, so they can start honoring some of the joshi legends like Bull, Dump, Crush Gals, Aja Kong, Manami Toyota, and Akira Hokuto.

I doubt any of those will happen. Unless WWE owns quite a bit of footage of someone, they probably aren't going to make it in even if they worked for WWE at some point. People like Verne and Watts only made it in because WWE owned their footage. Inoki and Fujinami have a lot of footage owned by WWE as well.

You know what? Screw it. I fucking love your crazy optimism. You get a like.

• Like 1

Man...I can't even imagine how awesome Thesz was in his prime just based on shit he was doing in Japan in his 50s and 60s.

YB7sxz9.gif  f80WoZS.gif

He was pushing 60 in the Thesz/Gotch (pushing 50) vs Inoki/Sakaguchi match and it was fucking rad. Thesz in his prime must have been a true sight to see. WWE DID give him an award in 1997 at Badd Blood 1997 as a St. Louis legend. He was also in the WCW Hall of Fame.

8urmOY0.gif  f98ho0X.gif

It is curious that he isn't in the WWE HOF. I think it is mostly because the current audience has absolutely no clue who he is and WWE doesn't own much if any footage of him to educate them. I think besides getting awards in WWE and WCW, the only footage WWE owns of Thesz is his appearance on TNT. He's in the crowd or backstage at a couple of NWA/WCW shows in the late 80s, but I don't think WWE actually owns any in ring footage of Lou Thesz.

What are the odds of them doing a Wrestlemania in St. Louis at the Edward James Dome? If Thesz were ever going to go in, that's the class to do it.

I would love to see Vader go in this year but I'm not sure if Harley can induct him. I saw reports he's not in the best of health. Vader said on Twitter if he does go in, he would like his son to induct him.