DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm pretty excited that the NXT Charlotte show is one of, if not the first shows after Wrestlemania Takeover:Dallas.  I'm less excited that it isn't actually in Charlotte because like TNA, they decided to run in Concord/Cabarrus County instead.  I wish they had decided to run somewhere like the Grady Cole Center (like ROH) or the old Charlotte (now Bojangles) Coliseum that has some NWA history to it.

Eh, I think Riley's getting good with the promos. Not so much with the wrestling, though.

I think most guys can cut that kind of Shane Douglas type promo where they bitch about their position because that's something personal to them, it's something they actually feel, it's something they've likely bitched about to others, etc.

Let's see him say something other than that. Let's also seem him have a different look. As it is, his hair is shit, his skin is shit, and his body looks bloated from a bunch of protein and supplements. He's just WWE CAW #428. Out of anything, I think his hair bugs me the most. Dude just looks so much like Elias Samson now.

Worse than all of that is his performance in the ring. He just doesn't stand out.

I really don't get what they're trying to do with him because I don't see NXT creative pushing him into the NXT title picture so he's just going to keep looking like a failure. At the very least, he's making more of a name for himself for when he's released.

• Like 1

Eh, I think Riley's getting good with the promos. Not so much with the wrestling, though.

I think most guys can cut that kind of Shane Douglas type promo where they bitch about their position because that's something personal to them, it's something they actually feel, it's something they've likely bitched about to others, etc.

Let's see him say something other than that. Let's also seem him have a different look. As it is, his hair is shit, his skin is shit, and his body looks bloated from a bunch of protein and supplements. He's just WWE CAW #428. Out of anything, I think his hair bugs me the most. Dude just looks so much like Elias Samson now.

Worse than all of that is his performance in the ring. He just doesn't stand out.

I really don't get what they're trying to do with him because I don't see NXT creative pushing him into the NXT title picture so he's just going to keep looking like a failure. At the very least, he's making more of a name for himself for when he's released.

....That was fucking savage. I don't like Alex Riley either, but goddamn.

Probably just getting the most out of him before they release him, and as you said, he's getting himself back out there before heading into the indies if that's what he wants to do. He might be a decent big fish in a small pond d-bag heel for some indies, at least for a little while.

Went to the NXT Orlando house show tonight. It featured Apollo Crews vs Manny Andrade, a 4 way tag team elimination match with Enzo/Big Cass, Vaudvillans, Blake and Murphy and American Alpha, and a main event "intergender" match with Joe/Nia Jax vs Finn/Bayley.The shocking moment of the night was how bland Crews/Manny was. It was good but just had not much heat. Also Manny is so much better than Crews it's crazy. Tag team elimination match was to determine who faces Revival at the Largo show tomorrow. Alpha won in a very good match. Enzo/Cass were the first eliminated and felt like after thoughts. I feel this is the final NXT Orlando house show they will be on. Main event was amazing. Finn/Bayley have such awesome chemistry and it's fun to see Joe in this environment. After the match, they did another Finn/Bayley skit. They danced to "time of you life" from Dirty Dancing. It was amazing. I want to see a wedding that is interrupted by Karl Anderson and DOC.

Sami Zayn also got a good match out of the Drifter.

What are they gonna do with Crews. He's a freaky talented athlete that they can't PAY me to care about. Biff was WAY more entertaining in a loss than the dude they've invested all of the time and video packages on.

In other news, the Rebirth of the Joe has been spectacular. I want Joe vs. Nakamura like I want sex and money.

Samson was singing his little song and I looked over at my youngest (who is a huge Asuka fan because I'm an amazing father) and said "he has a guitar and scarf as his gimmick, he needs to go away." She fired back with "dad, you have NINE guitars and THREE scarves...YOU need to go away."

• Like 9

What are they gonna do with Crews. He's a freaky talented athlete that they can't PAY me to care about.

Stick him in a tag team? I think RIPPA has recommended the same thing before, but him and Swann would probably work well together.

Man, Balor turning heel by breaking Bayley's heart might result in a stampede of Duckys trying to hop the rail for revenge.

I was suggesting if thethe are having Riley lose his mind he should wear his varsity jacket and talk on a disconnected phone to the Miz that he is picking up his dry cleaning.

• Like 1

I'd rather heel Michael Cole narrarate my life than watch one Alex Riley match or promo. 

I'd rather Hollywood Cibernetico babysit my 18 year old niece than watch one Alex Riley match or promo. 

I'd rather watch a Charlotte-Blue Pants 60-Minute Ironwoman Match with special referee Sara Del Rey with Rovert.

Okay, I wouldn't go that far.

• Like 2

Man, Balor turning heel by breaking Bayley's heart might result in a stampede of Duckys trying to hop the rail for revenge.

I was suggesting if thethe are having Riley lose his mind he should wear his varsity jacket and talk on a disconnected phone to the Miz that he is picking up his dry cleaning.

That Alex Riley scenario sounds fantastic. Take it further and have Riley institutionalized, where the orderlies play two hand touch football with him. Riley walks around in his varsity jacket, hitting on the female nurses, carrying a trophy he made as his macaroni art project.

I think you guys are confused about this Bayley/Balor situation.  HHH just wants Bayley to give the rub (pun not intended, stupid wrestling terms) to poor Balor before he's an afterthought.

Regardless of who gave this idea this went from being something cute to "Wait, this is getting weird." territory.  If you didn't know about Aaron then it's no big deal, but man I can't help but feel for the guy.  Whether it's HHH or those two who had the idea he certainly has the right to go "Hold up, this is getting out of hand."  I'm sure by now he's been hearing about this, and if he wrestles in another part of the country then that doesn't help matters.

I wouldn't normally give much of a shit because who cares about ones personal life.  Yet considering the all-around good people they seem to be it'd be a shame if this got out of hand.

Or we could trust three adults to be adults who understand that they are playing characters on a television program. 

Its the wrestling business.   I was watching one of the Brian Meyers shoot interview with guys who had been in the WWE developmentals and I think it was Luke Gallows telling a story that when Kelly Kelly started showing up that Johnny Ace had to tell the workers emphatically not to fuck her.  

Or we could trust three adults to be adults who understand that they are playing characters on a television program. 

You are right.  But to piggyback off what Hammerva said, if there wasn't a history of life imitating art then I'd have no worries.  Yes, there's been many times where there's on-screen romance  and all is well.  But there's also been just as many times where it turned into reality (Benoit and Woman, for example)