DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

I have been waiting for the May Games with Gold for Xbox announcement because the predictions for this month are... something...

EDIT - And as soon as I say that, I see it was made

XBOX One

Defense Grid 2 

Costume Quest 2 (Starting May 15)

XBOX 360

Grid 2 (1 - 15)

Peggle (16 - 31)

I can't stop laughing because all the tweebs making predictions were all MICROSOFT WILL GIVE US 4 TRIPLE A TITLES!!!

DEAD SPACE 3!

RED DEAD REDEMPTION!

ALAN WAKE!

And instead you get Peggle - which I got free with Plants vs. Zombies like 5 years ago

2 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

There is a PSN "Golden Week" sale going on.  Not much of interest to me, since it seems to be mostly anime inspired stuff.  Yakuza 5 is on it, but not really a great price ($24).

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/golden-week-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-GOLDENWEEKSALELP

I've heard Rainbow Moon is a really good RPG. That is tempting to pick up, but I really need to say no.

Sony again continues with their PSN sales being Steam sales. Golden Week and PlayStation Plus Specials has some stuff that's tempting to get. I thought about getting Firewatch & This War of Mine: The Little Ones.

Also, Sega has a bunch of Genesis PSN ports for $3 each.

Also: the new Humble Bundle is Nintendo Wii U and 3DS stuff.  Super Street Fighter IV 3D and Darksiders 2 WiiU are the blue tier ($13), Retro City Rampage, Shantae and Affordable Space Adventures in the one dollar tier, and Rhythm Thief, Citizens of Earth and Freedom Planet on the green beat-the-average.  More shit coming on green next Tuesday.

• Like 1

May PS+ games:

Anyway, May's PS+ lineup:
Tropico 5 (PS4)
Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4)
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (PS3)
LocoRoco Cocoreccho! (PS3)
Switch Galaxy Ultra (PS Vita, PS4)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP, PS Vita)

So the Watch Dogs rumor wasn't true.  Nothing really mind-blowing on this list, but I'll probably play some Tropico.

Tropico is fun and I'm glad I get to play the full game without paying (directly) for it. I bought one of the older ones on Steam ages ago and got some joy out of it. I really liked the original HD remake of Bionic Commando and will give the sequel a shot. Table Top Racing defo looks neat. Way better line-up than stinky Watch Dogs (which I paid full price for, derp) and Tetris. 

On 27 April 2016 at 5:41 AM, Cliff Hanger said:

Also: the new Humble Bundle is Nintendo Wii U and 3DS stuff.  Super Street Fighter IV 3D and Darksiders 2 WiiU are the blue tier ($13), Retro City Rampage, Shantae and Affordable Space Adventures in the one dollar tier, and Rhythm Thief, Citizens of Earth and Freedom Planet on the green beat-the-average.  More shit coming on green next Tuesday.

I'm tempted by this but never used Humble Bundle before. So if I pay $13 for the blue tier package do I get all the 'beat the average' stuff too and anything added after?

Basically what do I need to do to get everything? My WiiU and 3ds collection could do with some new titles.

It's pretty easy, they give you a link with all the codes and you can give away any you already have.  And on two week bundles, the green tier always gets 1-3 new items added at the halfway point (which you will also get even though you bought in before).

Gotcha, so I drop $13 on the Street Fighter/Darksiders package and get all the games currently available and any they add next week too. Seems like a perfect deal since I don't own any of those titles.

This the first time they've done it for a console or have I been mission out? I see deals pop up on PC all the time but I'm not much of a PC gamer.

• Like 1

PSN running a "May the Fourth" sale on Star Wars games. The Vita mega bundle (Battlefront II, Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, Battlefront: Elite Squadron, LEGO STAR WARS™ III: The Clone Wars, The Clone Wars™: Republic Heroes, The Force Unleashed) has some potential methinks...