DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

Eh - this works here

Nintendo announced 12 more games for its Nintendo Selects program which means their price will be $19.99

Wii U

Super Mario 3D World

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Pikmin 3

NES Remix Pack

3DS

Yoshi's New Island

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Mario Party: Island Tour

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Wii

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Super Mario All-Stars

Play Pikmin 3, everyone!!!

Yeah - that was the one game I was happy to see on the list since I think that is the one Wii U game my son really wants to play that he hasn't gotten yet.

Eh - this works here

Nintendo announced 12 more games for its Nintendo Selects program which means their price will be $19.99

Wii U

Super Mario 3D World

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Pikmin 3

NES Remix Pack

3DS

Yoshi's New Island

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Mario Party: Island Tour

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Wii

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Super Mario All-Stars

Dear Nintendo, thank you for finally putting out an affordable Mario All Stars.  Now fucking put out a Punch Out that's not $60 and I'll give you more money.

Also, Star Wars Humble Bundle going on, which has the entire X-Wing Series, KOTOR 1 and 2, Empire at War full, and Lego Star Wars Complete if you drop the $10.  

EDIT: Disregard in reference to Punch Out, I'm a fucking idiot.

Microsoft is price dropping the XBOX One to $300 for a "limited time" (starting March 20th)

It is part of their Spring Sale but as pointed out elsewhere - all of their limited time prices have become the regular price permanently

Microsoft says this includes the Division bundle, the upcoming Quantum Break bundle and the 500GB name your game bundle

http://majornelson.com/2016/03/18/spring-sale-xbox-one-starting-at-299-and-a-week-of-game-deals/

There is a very good Easter sale on the UK PSN store at the moment.

It's one of those rare times when the digital versions of some games are cheaper on the UK PSN store than physical copies. I'll probably pick up the season pass for Arkham Knight and i'm tempted by a couple of others. There are a bunch of games around the £6-£10 price point. Having never played any of the Battlefield games i might grab Battlefield 4 for £8.

I just wish the PS4 had a bigger hard drive or that Sony would support external hard drives. I don't really want to take the thing apart to put in a 2TB but it's hassle deleting and re-installing things all the time. That, and the usual ridiculous PSN prices are why i tend to stay away from digital. 

Replacing the HD in a ps4 is super easy. If you have a half decent internet speed, it doesn't take too long to get all of your stuff in order either.

I've looked into it before and it does look really simple. Literally a couple of screws. I'm just convinced i'll mess something up somehow. Am i right in thinking you can back up the entire hard drive onto a USB hard drive to just transfer it back into the new internal drive in the PS4 when you've finished? My internet is fast but PSN really drops during peak times here. What takes 10 mins in the morning or over night can take hours in the evening sometimes.

Replacing the HD in a ps4 is super easy. If you have a half decent internet speed, it doesn't take too long to get all of your stuff in order either.

I've looked into it before and it does look really simple. Literally a couple of screws. I'm just convinced i'll mess something up somehow. Am i right in thinking you can back up the entire hard drive onto a USB hard drive to just transfer it back into the new internal drive in the PS4 when you've finished? My internet is fast but PSN really drops during peak times here. What takes 10 mins in the morning or over night can take hours in the evening sometimes.

From my understand yes. and is actually one of the recommended steps is to download the firmware (i guess thats what its called) onto a flash drive to install it onto the new HD faster