DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

Biggest PSN fash sale in a while in terms of AAA stuff. If you have a Vita and haven't played Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, the PSP Dracula X Chronicles compilation with both classic and remade versions, plus an expanded and re-translated Symphony of the Night.

14 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Biggest PSN fash sale in a while in terms of AAA stuff. If you have a Vita and haven't played Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, the PSP Dracula X Chronicles compilation with both classic and remade versions, plus an expanded and re-translated Symphony of the Night.

I do hate them splitting up the bundled collection stuff on disk and trying to sell it at a discounted price. I'm probably going to pick up that PS2 Remaster of Rogue Galaxy and maybe The Order since it's so cheap and probably worth the short run time at that price.

37 minutes ago, roofiethebutcher said:

I'm thinking of getting Rogue Galaxy since I never played it on PS2.  Is Bully worth getting?  I haven't played that one either.

Either I'm dumb but I seem to have Bully on multiple platforms and I buy it every time it's on sale but I've never actually played it. So yeah I recommend it that much despite not going past the tutorial.

I guess I could Platinum it on PS4 then go back and do Scholarship Edition 100% GS on Xbox 360.

56 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Yes. Maybe my favorite Rockstar game.

Is it better to get it this way, or just get the Scholarship edition on 360? I can probably find a used copy of that for like $5.

The PS4 version won't have any of the added content.

Lots of good stuff in the sale, but my backlog is too big, my hard drive is too small, and my credit card balance is too high.

Probably will at least end up getting Bully.  I think I've had it on like 3 or 4 different systems, but haven't played much beyond the first couple of missions.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

Because I have no self-control, I got the Rockstar PS2 games.  Held off on Alien Isolation because Target has the game with DLC for $20.  Still might get Sleeping Dogs.

What, it wasn't enough for you to dominate the top scores on PS3? :)

There are several good deals on the UK/EU PSN store at the moment too. The two that stand out the most to me are Life is Strange at £7.89 and a bundle containing Saints Row 4/Gat out of Hell/Metro 2033/Metro Last Light for £15.99. There's also several episodic games that have their first episode free at the moment too: Game of Thrones, Borderlands and Resident Evil Revelations 2.

I'm tempted by Life is Strange at that price. Anyone played it? is it worth picking up?

6 hours ago, Basara said:

There are several good deals on the UK/EU PSN store at the moment too. The two that stand out the most to me are Life is Strange at £7.89 and a bundle containing Saints Row 4/Gat out of Hell/Metro 2033/Metro Last Light for £15.99. There's also several episodic games that have their first episode free at the moment too: Game of Thrones, Borderlands and Resident Evil Revelations 2.

I'm tempted by Life is Strange at that price. Anyone played it? is it worth picking up?

Life Is Strange is absolutely worth it. Prepare to Cry though.

8 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Life Is Strange is absolutely worth it. Prepare to Cry though.

Think I might grab it then. I doubt it'll get any cheaper than that any time soon and (don't want to jinx it) it doesn't seem like the sort of thing that will be given away on PS+ in the near future. My biggest worry when buying something discounted off PSN. Plus it will be a nice change of pace for when I finish off Bloodborne, fighting things with far to many eyes and tentacles.

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm not even going to bother getting Watch Dogs when I can just live through JT vicariously.

You and me both. He's made that game sound amazing while simultaneously making it clear that I don't need to play it. 

The thing with these week out rumors with AAA games is that they rarely bare fruit in the truth category. If true though, this would be the first AAA title to get a PS Plus freebie treatment since MGS: Ground Zeroes (if you want to count that one).