DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

17 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

At this point I just want the company to die and go away forever.  And it's not just one thing, but pretty much everything they've done over the last 14 years: dwarfs jerking off in trash cans, giant penis tag teams, Jeff Jarrett holding the world title hostage, Scott Hall: Drunken Elvis Impersonator, wasting Chris Daniels and Low Ki in their prime years in a fucking tag team instead of pushing them as top singles stars, wasting the prime years of Samoa Joe and Doug Williams as mid carders, Abyss and his fucking repetitive thumbtack bumps, The Main Event Mafia, putting Homicide in a racist stereotype tag team with Zach Arnold's boy toy Hotstuff Hernandez, Black Machismo, reverse battle royals for World titles, dragging out Aces & Eights for seventeen months even as ratings continued to plummet, giving Dixie Carter a platform to appear on TV and the Internet, constantly reviving The Beautiful People instead of creating new heel "knockout" stables, Dixie grabbing onto Hulk Hogan's leg while he tried to walk away from the company, providing employment to the Voodoo Kin Mafia/New Age Outlaws instead of letting them fade into obscurity, treating the signing of every midcard curtain jerker the WWE fired and having them do a "shoot" interview as if it were some sort of industy changing moment, the skit where Dixie visited "Vince" and his "son in law" to get security camera footage, providing Vince Russo with a source of income for over a decade.

Just go away, go away and join XPW and GLOW in the purgatory of joke wrestling promotions that should have never existed.

Would never putting the title on Monte Brown after he got himself mega over qualify for this list, or does that fall under Jarrett holding the title hostage category?

How bout building up Joe to be your unstoppable monster only to feed him to Angle almost the minute he walks in the door?

1 hour ago, DTTW said:

If it dies and then comes back three days later should we start to panic?

No, but we'd probably see the person with the bailout money show up at the next tapings and take Mike Bennett's "Miracle" moniker for his or her own.

If the mysterious new benefactor is anyone other than Dixie's pop, who's desperate to keep her away from Panda Energy, or a very confused Delta Burke, who thinks she's funding her former costar's Designing Women revival, then this whole mess is going to blow up in her face.  Somehow, I don't see Corgan putting up with being strung along for much longer before saying, "fuck it, I'm outta here."  At some point, Vince will be the only person left still willing to buy TNA, and all he'll offer are Rosa Mendes, some unsold Stardust replica gloves, and a copy of Stephanie's workout video. 

18 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

At this point I just want the company to die and go away forever.  And it's not just one thing, but pretty much everything they've done over the last 14 years: dwarfs jerking off in trash cans, giant penis tag teams, Jeff Jarrett holding the world title hostage, Scott Hall: Drunken Elvis Impersonator, wasting Chris Daniels and Low Ki in their prime years in a fucking tag team instead of pushing them as top singles stars, wasting the prime years of Samoa Joe and Doug Williams as mid carders, Abyss and his fucking repetitive thumbtack bumps, The Main Event Mafia, putting Homicide in a racist stereotype tag team with Zach Arnold's boy toy Hotstuff Hernandez, Black Machismo, reverse battle royals for World titles, dragging out Aces & Eights for seventeen months even as ratings continued to plummet, giving Dixie Carter a platform to appear on TV and the Internet, constantly reviving The Beautiful People instead of creating new heel "knockout" stables, Dixie grabbing onto Hulk Hogan's leg while he tried to walk away from the company, providing employment to the Voodoo Kin Mafia/New Age Outlaws instead of letting them fade into obscurity, treating the signing of every midcard curtain jerker the WWE fired and having them do a "shoot" interview as if it were some sort of industy changing moment, the skit where Dixie visited "Vince" and his "son in law" to get security camera footage, providing Vince Russo with a source of income for over a decade.

Just go away, go away and join XPW and GLOW in the purgatory of joke wrestling promotions that should have never existed.

Take out "Black Machismo" but add the pandering "ECW: One Night Stand redux".

9 hours ago, J.H. said:

I swear that TNA is the Arch Enemy Supervillain of pro-wrestling. Everytime it seems it dies in a helicopter explosion or falls off a cliff, my brain says "But there was no body" and then they come 6 months later hellbent on revenge

James

TNA is Jason Voorhees.  It needs to be killed by a family member or with some sacred artifact before it finally goes away for good.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DTTW said:

XPW is Texas Chainsaw Massacre, IWAMS is Deliverance.

I think a better analogy for a film with a Burt Reynolds timplication is "TNA is Smokey & The Bandit 3". I'm TNA keeps promising ot deliver Burt but instead we keep getting Jerry Reed for the whole movie

James

• Like 1

Can't believe they're still alive. TNA is like a patient on life support and in a coma. It's just that now they have encephalitis, hence all of Broken Matt stuff. 

Every now and then the people in the waiting room are called in because it looks like they're going to die, only for them to live just a little bit longer. 

8 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

TNA is Jason Voorhees.  It needs to be killed by a family member or with some sacred artifact before it finally goes away for good.

Would that make Bob Carter Freddy; resurrecting TNA to keep Dixie away from Panda business?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think I'd like to see TNA turned into Roller Derby.  Same roster, just on skates and coherent storylines.  EC3 can lead a team.  Lashley can lead a team.  Maria can lead a team.

It needs Don Callis as the Pop network executive. ROLLLLLERJAMMMM!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, badfish69 said:

Would never putting the title on Monte Brown after he got himself mega over qualify for this list, or does that fall under Jarrett holding the title hostage category?

Eh, I never really considered Monte Brown to be main eventer material.  He's the guy you have come out to do a 30-second squash right after intermission to pop the crowd.

But I totally forgot to add the "Planet Jarrett vs. TNA Regular Army" feud and "Team Canada: Lead Heels" eras to my original list.  I know the fat guy with the glasses who was also head booker during the Team Canada period is friends with a couple of the senior posters on here, but he was definitely not lead heel material.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Eh, I never really considered Monte Brown to be main eventer material.  He's the guy you have come out to do a 30-second squash right after intermission to pop the crowd.

But I totally forgot to add the "Planet Jarrett vs. TNA Regular Army" feud and "Team Canada: Lead Heels" eras to my original list.  I know the fat guy with the glasses who was also head booker during the Team Canada period is friends with a couple of the senior posters on here, but he was definitely not lead heel material.

Scott D'Amore was unbearable. He's up there with Russo, Bischoff, and Vince in terms of people I wanted to see the earth open up and swallow. "X-Pac heat" should have been renamed "D'Amore heat".

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Do not sully the good name of TCM sir! Then again, everyone else in the series has...

TCM 2 doesn't really sully the TCM legacy, and it gave us Chop Top. Leatherface: TCM III gave us the "The Saw is Family".  Everything else that bears the Texas Chainsaw Massacre name can go fuck itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Scott D'Amore was unbearable. He's up there with Russo, Bischoff, and Vince in terms of people I wanted to see the earth open up and swallow. "X-Pac heat" should have been renamed "D'Amore heat".

Wasn't it D'Amore that booked the women's division when they were doing so well though?  I didn't really like him as an onscreen guy, but thought he did pretty well behind the scenes.

5 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

,Eh, I never really considered Monte Brown to be main eventer material.  He's the guy you have come out to do a 30-second squash right after intermission to pop the crowd.

Monte had his faults, but he was getting over and he was the one homegrown guy at the time that I thought would have made sense to give a shot in the top spot.

I think the overall problem of the time was that Jarrett would always El Kabong his way to victories, and instead of letting the guy he cheated get some comeuppance, they just went to the next program.  If I remember correctly it was Nash who got the next title shot after Monte. 

Now that they've apparently had an infusion of cash from... somewhere, and the PPV looks like it is a go, I've... lost interest, really.  Sorry.  NFL is on.

That's TNA's problem in a nutshell: they generated a fair bit of interest this week, but that interest probably won't carry over to the PPV.