DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I am watching a 1992 joshi tag with Debbie Malenko that I know I used to love. But like the other classic joshi I've watched recently, it's leaving me cold. It feels so paint by numbers. The action in the ring does not match the intensity of the crowd.

Uggh. What's wrong with me?

My main issue is that it makes for uninteresting reading. I love this board guys, I read it while I snack. Most of the time it makes for good reading but as soon as it gets into fantasy booking I scroll looking for the actual discussion.

Come on, on the preceding couple pages before the Cena news, which lead to the fantasy booking, we had:

-Do Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin dislike each other?

-What channel is El Rey? What channel is POP? Do I get these channels?

-Who is Fetty Wap?

As if the following pages of occasional fantasy booking is somehow worse reading than what came before it!

• Like 2

Just for the record - there isn't going to be a fantasy booking thread as it is impossible to get people to post fantasy booking in just that thread.

I can't get you fuckers to trim quote boxes despite asking a dozen times - a fantasy booking thread isn't going to make all the other threads readable.

I am watching a 1992 joshi tag with Debbie Malenko that I know I used to love. But like the other classic joshi I've watched recently, it's leaving me cold. It feels so paint by numbers. The action in the ring does not match the intensity of the crowd.

Uggh. What's wrong with me?

You're not an 11 year old girl?

Anyone still wondering why Mongo McMichael was a 4 Horseman should listen to Flair's interview with him, he sounds hilarious and a big party guy

I hadn't realized just how close we had gotten to a Flair, Luger, Goldberg, Kevin Greene horsemen in 98. It was booked to happen, and not even in an abstract sense. There was a specific date set up for it. It just happened to be the date of Reid's wrestling tournament.

Anyone still wondering why Mongo McMichael was a 4 Horseman should listen to Flair's interview with him, he sounds hilarious and a big party guy

I hadn't realized just how close we had gotten to a Flair, Luger, Goldberg, Kevin Greene horsemen in 98. It was booked to happen, and not even in an abstract sense. There was a specific date set up for it. It just happened to be the date of Reid's wrestling tournament.

Wow, that would go against everything the Horsemen were supposed to be.  Awful.  More "Ric Flair + Powerteam USA" than The Four Horsemen.

Talk about what I want you to talk about!

So in other words, you're trying to make fantasy booking the forum a thing?

I can see it now, people encouraging banned posters to make comebacks and suggesting invading another forum.

Lacelle complains about fantasy booking, and it leads to someone saying banned posters should be encouraged to make comebacks? Isn't that ironic? Don't you think? A little?