DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

There actually were news bits about Misawa's neck multiple times over the years. Nakamura seems to do the strike in such a way he sort of slides on the guy instead of nailing them like it seems at full speed.

What style would that be? Every time the word 'Alabama' is mentioned, my curiosity is piqued.

Southeastern/Continental Wrestling. There's a bunch of Continental stuff on youtube.

Fat guys putting chinlocks on each other for 15 minutes until the heel pokes the babyface in the eye with something he pulled out of his taint.

No actually and fuck you. I doubt you've ever even seen any Continental to know what Alabama rasslin is. The Nightmares are better than The Young Bucks.

I'll take this double team finisher over the goofy ass Meltzer Driver

ZdSF92.gif

I've never seen a top-rope legdrop that ends in a flat back bump before.

• Like 1

What style would that be? Every time the word 'Alabama' is mentioned, my curiosity is piqued.

Southeastern/Continental Wrestling. There's a bunch of Continental stuff on youtube.

Fat guys putting chinlocks on each other for 15 minutes until the heel pokes the babyface in the eye with something he pulled out of his taint.

No actually and fuck you. I doubt you've ever even seen any Continental to know what Alabama rasslin is. The Nightmares are better than The Young Bucks.

Well, when it's about two inches away from being the legdrop equivalent of the bouncing Devon headbutt...

So "strong style" means "I don't give a fuck about my fellow workers or their ability to continue earning a living."  Got it.

People shit on the Young Bucks while this guy's whole act is "spastically gesticulate like a retard, yelp, and knee people in the face."  But it's acceptable because Japan.

The thing about that is, I don't know how much of that impact is actually hitting his head.  The point of impact is closer to his ankle, and the force seems to be going towards his knee.  If the foot/ankle hits closer to the shoulders/back I can see he could do it in a way that is mostly safe.  It looks like death but as far as I know he's never injured anyone with it, so I'm not going to say he doesn't give a fuck about his fellow workers and their ability to earn a living.  I'm sure there is a way for him to do it without killing his opponent, or he wouldn't hit three of them a match.

To be fair, the Boma Ye usually looks way less stiff than the one in the gif. Nakamura is generally pretty good at making it look killer without (I'm assuming) actually putting a lot of force into it.  

Between Ultimo Dragon and Bubba Ray Dudley I think we kind of isolated a group of wrestlers who when they are good they are really good, but then again when they are bad they embarrassingly terrible.  Who else is on that list?

Orton.

dm9p9s.jpg

So after two pages of arguing about the Boma Ye, can anyone think of one person who has been injured by it?

I'm pretty sure he did hurt someone with it in a match 5+ years ago before it became his finish. The one in the gif looks more like his shin is sliding into Tanahashi's upper back and he's selling it more.

When he first started using the Boma Ye, someone claimed he had knocked a few people legit loopy with it.  Don't remember who the someone was, but it would have had to be either Meltzer or Stuart from Strong Style Symphony.  I don't recall hearing that anyone was seriously injured and I've never heard since that he injured someone. 

Well, when it's about two inches away from being the legdrop equivalent of the bouncing Devon headbutt...

Its probably better for your back than landing the leg drop proper.

• Like 2

I posted a link to the match in the Internet matches of the year thread, if you're curious. It's almost an hour long and it's pure lunacy. At some point in the match a bell rang and people started dismantling the ring while the match was still going on. I have no idea why.

When he first started using the Boma Ye, someone claimed he had knocked a few people legit loopy with it.  Don't remember who the someone was, but it would have had to be either Meltzer or Stuart from Strong Style Symphony.  I don't recall hearing that anyone was seriously injured and I've never heard since that he injured someone. 

Yeah, I feel like it had to be Stuart that I would have gotten that info from. Makes sense.