DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

So "strong style" means "I don't give a fuck about my fellow workers or their ability to continue earning a living."  Got it.

People shit on the Young Bucks while this guy's whole act is "spastically gesticulate like a retard, yelp, and knee people in the face."  But that means he's a charismatic awesome worker because Japan.

• Like 1

So "strong style" means "I don't give a fuck about my fellow workers or their ability to continue earning a living."  Got it.

People shit on the Young Bucks while this guy's whole act is "spastically gesticulate like a retard, yelp, and knee people in the face."  But it's acceptable because Japan.

The thing about that is, I don't know how much of that impact is actually hitting his head.  The point of impact is closer to his ankle, and the force seems to be going towards his knee.  If the foot/ankle hits closer to the shoulders/back I can see he could do it in a way that is mostly safe.  It looks like death but as far as I know he's never injured anyone with it, so I'm not going to say he doesn't give a fuck about his fellow workers and their ability to earn a living.  I'm sure there is a way for him to do it without killing his opponent, or he wouldn't hit three of them a match.

• Like 1

People shit on the Young Bucks while this guy's whole act is "spastically gesticulate like a retard, yelp, and knee people in the face."  But that means he's a charismatic awesome worker because Japan.

If only Nakamura could grasp the profound psychology of slapping his thigh really hard and telling other grown men to "suck it" in front of 50 people.

Uh oh we got an angry puro fan here

Slapping his thigh would be preferable to possibly injuring a fellow worker but maybe not in Japan where I guess it's more honorable to go out like Misawa or the guy in your profile pic than to show some light. Also, lol @ you defending Japanese wrestling while putting down the the Bucks, who, last I check, were a hot act in NJPW.

Uh oh we got an angry puro fan here

I don't take wrestling seriously enough to be angry about it lol.

or the guy in your profile pic

I'm sure wrestling the style he did (or wrestling in general really) didn't help but one look at Hashimoto is enough to see where the problems stemmed from.

Slapping his thigh would be preferable to possibly injuring a fellow worker but maybe not in Japan where I guess it's more honorable to go out like Misawa or the guy in your profile pic than to show some light. Also, lol @ you defending Japanese wrestling while putting down the the Bucks, who, last I check, were a hot act in NJPW.

They wrestle in flip comedy matches in the openers so no, they're not really a "hot act". I'm not a big fan of modern New Japan but I find it amusing you criticise puro for the insane bumps and stiffness but worship the fed in which they cosplay the style, I guess it's fine if they also appropriate poses famous american wrestling stables twenty years ago did.

• Like 1

They wrestle in flip comedy matches in the openers so no, they're not really a "hot act". I'm not a big fan of modern New Japan but I find it amusing you criticise puro for the insane bumps and stiffness but worship the fed in which they cosplay the style, I guess it's fine if they also appropriate poses famous american wrestling stables twenty years ago did.

Kind of got a point here. If you're big on the indies you can't really hate on puro when a lot of what the indy style has been since the early 2000s is directly inspired by it.

I'll just be over here not liking either and enjoying old Tennessee/Alabama rasslin though.

Kind of got a point here. If you're big on the indies you can't really hate on puro when a lot of what the indy style has been since the early 2000s is directly inspired by it.

I'll just be over here not liking either and enjoying old Tennessee/Alabama rasslin though.

What style would that be? Every time the word 'Alabama' is mentioned, my curiosity is piqued.

What style would that be? Every time the word 'Alabama' is mentioned, my curiosity is piqued.

Southeastern/Continental Wrestling. There's a bunch of Continental stuff on youtube.

Fat guys putting chinlocks on each other for 15 minutes until the heel pokes the babyface in the eye with something he pulled out of his taint.

No actually and fuck you. I doubt you've ever even seen any Continental to know what Alabama rasslin is. The Nightmares are better than The Young Bucks.

I'll take this double team finisher over the goofy ass Meltzer Driver

ZdSF92.gif

• Like 1