DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

VdBLVt.gif

It's too bad Roman Reigns couldn't have wrestled more matches like this against vastly superior Super Worker Seth Rollins so he could have learned to do more moves and stop wasting time with that old fashioned bullshit called selling.

Does Rollins do a bunch of no selling in his matches? I think there were a few spots here and there in those Cena shit-fests but I don't remember anything ridiculously egregious like the above. Hasn't Reigns done the odd delayed sell?

WWE house style has always been that the company ace can no-sell whenever he feels like it. Hogan had his Hulk Up, Bret had his playing possum, Shawn had his nip up, Austin would kick wham stunner out of nowhere, Rock also had Shawn's nip-up, and the less said about Cena's selling late in matches the better.

Does Rollins do a bunch of no selling in his matches? I think there were a few spots here and there in those Cena shit-fests but I don't remember anything ridiculously egregious like the above. Hasn't Reigns done the odd delayed sell?

What odd delayed sell?

I do remember Seth Rollins doing this which is barely a step up from the infamous Davey Richards/Eddie Edwards gif:

hIdbeH.gif

That isn't as bad as the Richards superplex spot because at least Rollins was delivering the suplex. Still fucking dumb.

I don't remember a specific spot, but hasn't Roman done some goofy selling shit late in matches (particularly with Bray)? I know it's WWE style for the babyface to pretty much just stop selling in the finishing stretch of a match but both Cena and Reigns are particularly shitty at cumulative selling late in matches. 

Things that make me hate wrestling:

10-HzE.gif

That's some sub-Davey shit right there.

I really couldn't get into a lot of the Ohtani/Kanemoto vs. outside wrestlers matches because it was very much a trope of them to decide that "Fuck it, you don't work here, so I'm not going to bother selling for you"

thegambler_zps842e8f03.gif?t=1368042798

And just because:

tumblr_n9genyBPpp1qdgj2no1_400.gif

But people would love it if Ultimo fell down from "exhaustion" after doing his tombstone. IT'S KING'S ROAD~~~~!!!~~~

Naw, not me I don't like that shit either. My Japanese wrestler viewing is pretty much limited to Mr Saito, Fujinami & Onita. Not a fan of the FIGHTING SPIRIT~!

• Like 4