DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

Good grief, tell me Joe Dumars isn't that obtuse.  I know he fell in love with Darko after watching him at that one workout, but over LeBron Freaking James?  And that's not even about slobbering over LeBron, it's just common sense.  When the $500 million lottery ticket is in your hand, you close your hand and run to turn in the ticket, not trade it for a wild card.

Good grief, tell me Joe Dumars isn't that obtuse.  I know he fell in love with Darko after watching him at that one workout, but over LeBron Freaking James?  And that's not even about slobbering over LeBron, it's just common sense.  When the $500 million lottery ticket is in your hand, you close your hand and run to turn in the ticket, not trade it for a wild card.

At the same time, though, even assuming got LeBron in the draft, then that doesn't necessarily mean that it'd have worked out for Detroit. Larry Brown was the coach, and he's always been relatively bad with trusting/nurturing/developing young players- at best, Lebron loses his confidence and doesn't develop into a big star, and at worse not playing him wreaks havoc on the Pistons' chemistry- and the Pistons won in 2004 based on how well-oiled their machine was 

I'm guessing the Sixers told him "You know what?  No hurry coming back from that knee injury.  Can I get you another slice of pie?"

Pretty stoked that the guys  from The Basketball Jones got a deal with NBA TV.  They'll still be doing the daily podcast plus an hour show on the network.