DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

I didn't say he was right, I said from the jump that he was childish and shouldn't have responded.  But that doesn't make her right.

Stop putting words in my post. Here's what I initially said--

I know it's easy to jump on Howard, but that woman was pretty much asking for it.  A Lakers fan writes Dwight, he responds reasonably well.  She chimes in, Howard tells her off, and she automatically goes for the obvious gonad-punch.  Am I supposed to give her a prize for something a 3-year-old could have came up with?  And keep in mind nothing would have happened if she hadn't initiated it.

That's not to give Howard a pass here.  He was childish, too.  But he wasn't looking for trouble here.  He should have told her God bless and moved on, because it's obvious that she was looking for 10 seconds of fame.  Let's hope she gets rich from it.

If you're going to take a swipe at my POV, at least get it right. :mellow:

And her response was weak.  Anyone who follows a gossip blog could have come up with it. YAWN.

If Philly really wanted to tank they should've just signed Iverson and made him player-coach. I'm sure people would've come out to see Iverson play 1 more year and witness the horrific awesomeness of his coaching.

Player-coaches are not allowed under the CBA.

This is why we can't have nice things.

If Philly really wanted to tank they should've just signed Iverson and made him player-coach. I'm sure people would've come out to see Iverson play 1 more year and witness the horrific awesomeness of his coaching.

Wait wait wait....WHY? If there is any sport that would work with Player/Coaches that isn't baseball it's basketball....what reason wouldn't they be aloud?

Wait wait wait....WHY? If there is any sport that would work with Player/Coaches that isn't baseball it's basketball....what reason wouldn't they be aloud?

Player coaches are not allowed in the NBA because the ability to pay a coaching salary separate from the player salary would be a circumvention of the salary cap.

Player coaches are not allowed in the NBA because the ability to pay a coaching salary separate from the player salary would be a circumvention of the salary cap.
So don't pay him a coaching salary

So don't pay him a coaching salary

He can be an unofficial coach, the way Avery Johnson was at the end of his career with the Mavericks.  There are probably some league rules involving coaches' contracts that make it impossible to have an unpaid person with an official title as coach.

I'm actually excited for the FIBA Americas Cup that starts soon.  Canada Basketball on the rise?

Unfortunately some of the key young guys are banged up but we should have enough to get through.  We might have a bad ass little Olympic team by the time Brazil rolls around.  We need to produce some guards, though. 

I have no words to describe how horrible I feel for Ryan Anderson right now. Shit.

2:13 PM PT -- TMZ has learned Gia hanged herself.  Her boyfriend, Ryan, found her hanging and unconscious in her home and immediately called 911. 1:17 PM PT -- TMZ has learned ... the cause of death was suicide.  Gia's boyfriend Ryan Anderson found Gia in her house Monday night.  We're told Gia was on life support, which was withdrawn today.  She had suffered "critical loss of brain and organ function."  Her mom, boyfriend and other friends were in the hospital when she died.

Absolutely terrible.