DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

LARRY SANDERS! is getting real paid: 4 years 44 million. I'm glad Milwaukee locked him up, but I don't think he's quite worth that Ibaka money. 

Well if you are the Bucks, you have to overpay to keep your guys and FA's

TMZ is reporting that Lamar Odom has been a "hardcore drug addict" for the past two years, which if that's true, would pretty much explain everything:

The marriage of Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom is in crisis, and TMZ has learned … the core reason is hardcore drug abuse.

Multiple sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ … Lamar has had a problem for 2 years. It got so bad, last August Khloe pressured Lamar to go to rehab. Lamar went to a facility in San Diego, but he was so resistant Khloe hired private investigators to secretly stand guard at the rehab place to make sure he didn’t leave. The P.I.s stood guard 24/7.

We’re told the situation has become dire. Sources tell us … within the last 2 days, the entire family staged an intervention, trying to convince Lamar to go back to rehab, but he wouldn’t have any of it.

The moment Odom left the Lakers, he seemed to become a shell of his former self, and this would definitely explain how one of the better players turned into a complete joke.  Aside from the whole "marrying a Kardashian" thing. 

Well the candy stuff was legit. The guy had his SUV always stocked with all kinds of candy. 

Maybe sugar is a gateway drug?

I hope he gets his shit together. I really liked him on the Lakers, and the Day in the Life deal that I think ABC did on him a few years back made him seem like a really easy going, nice dude.

It's Lamar Odom so nothing would surprise me and this very well may be true and it would make complete sense if it weren't Lamar Odom. He doesn't need "hardcore drug addiction" to not perform, he's a flake, he's always been a flake, and he's always going to be a flake. Maybe he just happened to get too old to randomly show up and be all-world like he had in the past.

Not saying it isn't true, Odom's had drug issues in the past with weed but this isn't exactly a "EUREKA!" moment where everything suddenly makes sense. This isn't Spencer Haywood's game falling off a cliff in his 20's or David Thompson crippling himself while on cocaine at Studio 54, it's Lamar Odom.

If his addiction is as severe as that article states I'm wondering how the NBA, a league that has probably banned more guys for life than any other sports league combined for drugs, has completely missed and overlooked it. He's been suspended twice before and even though it was 10+ years ago I'd think the NBA would keep an eye on him or something. Also wondering why he's still in the league if he has such a severe addiction, teams really aren't going to tolerate that shit unless you're producing on the court.

I'd be very interested to know what he's allegedly abusing.

I hope Lamar Odom gets the proper help. He's had a pretty hard life. I don't know how anyone can get thru losing a baby. To happen after losing his mother & grandmother at a young age. Followed by numerous friends he's had pass away. Go to a funeral of a friend and get held-up at gun-point while visiting.  Then get into a car accident were a person dies.  Sure hope his flakiness can be helped.

It can, he has to want help but it can. Odom has serious problems, he's had them since he came into the league. Maybe I came off too harsh but I think summing up all of his problems with "severe drug addiction" is doing him a disservice and doesn't help him at all, his issues are a lot more complicated than that.

The 2015 All-Star Game is apparently going to be in Brooklyn AND Manhattan.  Brooklyn will get the Celebrity game on Friday and the Dunk-off, etc. on Saturday, and MSG will get the actual game on Sunday.    (They may or may not flip it the other way in 2018.)

The 2015 All-Star Game is apparently going to be in Brooklyn AND Manhattan.  Brooklyn will get the Celebrity game on Friday and the Dunk-off, etc. on Saturday, and MSG will get the actual game on Sunday.    (They may or may not flip it the other way in 2018.)

...And somehow Miami still hasn't hosted one yet.

It's because they like crowds to actually be there at both the start and the end of the game for these things.

That's a really stupid joke when you realize they've given the All Star game to Dallas, New Orleans, Phoenix, and a bunch of other one horse towns with crummy fans.