DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

Rose is 12/23 on 3s in the preseason.  Standard preseason caveats apply, but his jumper does look a LOT better.  If that falls consistently in games that matter... hoo boy, he's even scarier than he was a few seasons ago.

The Bulls have Taj coming off the bench/playing crunch time minutes, but beyond that their depth probably comes down in large part to how much Hinrich and Dunleavy have left in the tank.  Health/depth is a concern, but I think if the Bulls are healthy in the playoffs, they're going to be a beast.  Admittedly, that's a big if, given recent history and Thibs' tendency to run guys into the ground.

• Like 1

Is Rajon Rondo mocking Derrick Rose when he says, "I know it’s getting stronger each week and whenever I’m able to jump off my right leg and probably dunk, that’s when I think I’ll be back to play"? (Around the 0:55 mark)  There are those who interpret him looking down after that remark as trying to keep a straight face.

Rose is 12/23 on 3s in the preseason.  Standard preseason caveats apply, but his jumper does look a LOT better.  If that falls consistently in games that matter... hoo boy, he's even scarier than he was a few seasons ago.

The Bulls have Taj coming off the bench/playing crunch time minutes, but beyond that their depth probably comes down in large part to how much Hinrich and Dunleavy have left in the tank.  Health/depth is a concern, but I think if the Bulls are healthy in the playoffs, they're going to be a beast.  Admittedly, that's a big if, given recent history and Thibs' tendency to run guys into the ground.

I think Kirk proved he could still play at a high level last year. Moving to the bench/playing less minutes should help him sustain that success.

If the playoffs started now, there is no doubt we would be going with an 8-man rotation, but I expect Nazr and Snell to fill in some of those minutes during the regular season.  Teague is pretty much worthless, though.

If it happens Phoenix potentially has 4 first-rounders next year.  That is bonkers.

Great pick up for Washington, too.  Gives them the rim protection they desperately need when Nene is hurt or on the bench.  Kendall Marshall could also be a player in a couple of years.

This is a win-win, honestly.  I personally like the Suns' strategy.  They have a future All-Star(I feel) in Bledsoe, a solid guy when healthy in Okafor, and the potential to add some really good youth to the team, and at a potentially low cost.

I will only make this prediction:

The Lakers will NOT make the playoffs.

I'd be okay with this. This upcoming draft, they actually have a R1 pick they haven't traded away. Also Kobe as a FA.

The Wizards are fun. The second they get a big expiring contract they have to trade it away as soon as fucking possible.

It's like they think they are playing hot potato with the rest of the league and they dont want to lose

If it happens Phoenix potentially has 4 first-rounders next year.  That is bonkers.

Great pick up for Washington, too.  Gives them the rim protection they desperately need when Nene is hurt or on the bench.  Kendall Marshall could also be a player in a couple of years.

Marshall was one of 13 players with 500+ minutes played last season who had a negative WS/48.  Higher than Jannero Pargo, lower than Jeremy Pargo, if you need a frame of reference.

I will only make this prediction:

The Lakers will NOT make the playoffs.

I'd be okay with this. This upcoming draft, they actually have a R1 pick they haven't traded away. Also Kobe as a FA.

I think every Laker fan is okay with that.  I'd much rather add a high lottery pick this offseason to the mix and wait until 2015 FA than land Melo. At least if they get a high lottery pick, that's really how you need to build with this new salary cap and you get someone that you feel is your guy as opposed to feeling like a hired gun.

Like I told Konnan, we'll probably end up in the lottery, much like the Celtics probably due to injuries. Kobe's out. I keep reading reports Nash is bothered by neck and leg injuries. They improved their depth, but like I said when they signed Nick Young, when you sign Swaggy P, you get a guy who can win you a game (when your team is good) and shoot you out of several other games (when the team is bad). He's the right kind of player to get on the cheap when you want to get to the lottery without really coming off like tanking.