DVDVR Message Board

Seth Rollins out 6-9 months with torn ACL

tlk23

Bálor would immediately be mega-over as a face, so they might as well. That guy just has loads of charisma. I don't get it really, but it's undeniable. He's also getting better in the ring IMO.

Crews needs some time before he comes up and besides, I want a long title NXT Championship reign for that guy. 

It's a shame that Zayn is hurt because he's another guy that they could call up right now and the dude would get over immediately. This company has no faces at that level that are really liked very much. Cena and Reigns are getting mixed reactions, Ambrose is ready from a crowd perspective, and then who else is there? Ziggler? Fuck Ziggler. Cesaro? He could be there, but needs to be rebuilt first.

Yeah, it might be time to pull someone up from NXT and strap a rocket to him. 

Funny how everybody is fantasy booking this tournament with current roster guys when we all know Vince has no faith in his mid/undercard wrestlers. They've spent the last several years conditioning us that this current crop are no good and that the only guys who really matter are from the Attitude Era. Vince is going to make a bunch of calls and fill this tournament up with "legends" and then either HHH or an early returning Cena will win the belt anyway.

They need to make new stars with this tournament. It's been overdue for a while. Use this tournament to reset people on the roster, then actually follow up with it. 

Cesaro will lose in round 1 via Stardust interference. 

I could see an Ambrose/Reigns final, but with HHH sliding in a chair for Ambrose to use. It makes too much sense for Reigns to go heel, so they'll probably make Ambrose turn which will fail because the WWE Universe© would cheer Ambrose over Reigns.

Man, fuck a Survivor Series '98.  That shit wasn't any good the first time around much less the second when Russo tried to do it again in WCW.

Also, fuck a heel turn and more Authority bullshit.

Keep it simple.  Four men.  Single elimination.

Reigns over Cesaro.  Indy respect handshake at the end.

Owens over Ambrose.  Cheats to win.

Reigns over Owens.  New champ.

Sheamus runs out to cash in.  Ambrose stops it like he should've done at WrestleMania.  Then you can kill some time with Reigns/Ambrose vs. Sheamus/Barrett.

Lesnar wins the Rumble.  Reigns vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania and Reigns wins like he should've done at this year's WrestleMania.  Also, Ambrose over Owens for the IC title.

Then maybe Reigns vs. Ambrose at SummerFest and the Shield 3-way at WrestleMania 2017.

• Like 9

Cesaro will lose in round 1 via Stardust interference. 

I could see an Ambrose/Reigns final, but with HHH sliding in a chair for Ambrose to use. It makes too much sense for Reigns to go heel, so they'll probably make Ambrose turn which will fail because the WWE Universe© would cheer Ambrose over Reigns.

They could flip that easy enough by having HHH cozying up to Dean in the leadup and have the whole thing be about whether Dean will give in to the temptation, only to have HHH side with Roman in the  match:

"Yeah.  I was just playin' with you kid.  You didn't think I'd pick a fuckup like you?  Look at this guy! He's beautiful.  He's 100% a corporate guy!  He's got fuckin' Rock DNA!  ANd that hair!!!  You?  You mutt? HAHAHAHA!!!! nice suit though.  I guess there's an empty hanger on the rack at the Salvation Army store.

Oh, and don't get any ideas about by the new Daniel Bryan...You are NNNNEEEEEVAH getting a title shot at my boy Roman.  NNNEEEEEVAAAAAHHHHH.  Hell, I won't even let you enter the Rumble, punkass! HHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

• Like 1

I'm in an odd spot here.  I like Rolins more than most, but no so much that I'll really miss him overmuch. 

On the other hand, I think I'll probably have very little interest in whoever gets the belt next.  I'm not even sure a Cesaro megapush (lol lol lol) would do it for me.  Zero interest in seeing most of the uppercarders with the title.  If they give the title to a part-timer (Undertaker or Brock?), it will make the decision to watch football on Monday nights and forget to DVR RAW even easier.

My thoughts boil down to "I'll be surprised if Reigns doesn't get it".  Can't think of any reason why he wouldn't, other than the mentality of saving his big title win for Mania.

FWIW I've read that the original plan was for Roman to go into Mania as champion.

The only reason not to put it on Reigns is to save him for a megawin at WrestleMania.  They should probably just put it on Reigns now.  Whoever wins besides Reigns will be a placeholder until WM at best, or fed to Lesnar as soon as possible at worst.  They're not going to elevate anyone that way (cough* Dolph Ziggler's world title run comes to mind).  I'd be all in for a dominant 2007-style Cena run if he wants to come back early, but that's probably not the plan either.

Oh, just put the belt on Kane.  How did he not win that match anyway?  Your opponent destroys his knee and cripples himself and you still can't pin him?  Weak.

Edit: SolidGoldBomb's signature is currently killing me.  Never change that.

Tatanka did just sign a Legend's deal.....

Time for Vince to take advantage of the Washington <redacted> controversy?

So did Superstar Billy Graham. The game is afoot!

Any chance Triple H is in the tournament? Some sort of "If you want it done right you gotta do it yourself" deal? Cause Roman defeating Trips I'm the final and also a Sheamus cash in would pretty much solidify him as top dog.

Any chance Triple H is in the tournament? Some sort of "If you want it done right you gotta do it yourself" deal? Cause Roman defeating Trips I'm the final and also a Sheamus cash in would pretty much solidify him as top dog.

If i had $20 and had to bet, i would bet on Hunter(or Cena).