DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL: WEEK NINE

RIPPA

The crazy list of things the WFC brought up to say their trademark isn't THAT bad is phenomenal.  When you have to say, "our team name isn't that bad because we could be named Make Your Own Dildo," you have already lost the argument.

• Like 1

Even if Peyton isn't retiring for sure, going all in makes perfect sense for Denver. They have a lot of older guys, the defense is playing at an absurdly high level, the running game is finding it's very, Peyton looks a lot better the last few games... You only get so many chances before the proverbial window shuts, why not go all out right the fuck now?

I love how all of the black QBs have been "figured out" but the white pocket passing QBs with half the success are the answer. they continue to bounce around the league and play like shit for years and years. On Colin Kaepernick's worst day he is still better than Blaine fucking Gabbert.

• Like 2

Gabbert's career QB rating is 66.8. 23 TDs and 24 INTs.  How the FUCK is he even still in the league never mind starting?  His career completion percentage is 53.2.  That's fucking atrocious.

Fuck what Kaepernick has done in the past. Let's just discuss this year. THIS YEAR his QB rating is 78.8.  12 points higher than Gabbert's career.  6 TDs and 5 INTs.

Now, I understand part of this. If they have completely given up on Kaep and plan on moving him or releasing him it makes sense to bench him so he doesn't suffer an injury. That's the only real way he would get his money.  But still..  Blaine Gabbert is just one example of a guy who does not belong in the league yet continues to get jobs because he "looks the part"

Gabbert's career QB rating is 66.8. 23 TDs and 24 INTs. How the FUCK is he even still in the league never mind starting? His career completion percentage is 53.2. That's fucking atrocious.

Fuck what Kaepernick has done in the past. Let's just discuss this year. THIS YEAR his QB rating is 78.8. 12 points higher than Gabbert's career. 6 TDs and 5 INTs.

Now, I understand part of this. If they have completely given up on Kaep and plan on moving him or releasing him it makes sense to bench him so he doesn't suffer an injury. That's the only real way he would get his money. But still.. Blaine Gabbert is just one example of a guy who does not belong in the league yet continues to get jobs because he "looks the part"

They're not trying to win. They shouldn't be trying to win. The difference between 2-14 and 6-10 is meaningless success wise but is huge draft wise.

Setting aside the question of why Gabbert is still in the league, it's fair to say that Kaep has earned a benching. Less than a TD per game, barely 6 yards per attempt, under 60% completions, QBR of 47, etc. That's just not good enough.

They're not trying to win. They shouldn't be trying to win. The difference between 2-14 and 6-10 is meaningless success wise but is huge draft wise.

I understand that too.  I'm fine with that. My overall point is how quickly the NFL will give up on a Kaepernick but nobody says "Hey, why does Gabbert have a job?"

• Like 1

I love how all of the black QBs have been "figured out" but the white pocket passing QBs with half the success are the answer. they continue to bounce around the league and play like shit for years and years. On Colin Kaepernick's worst day he is still better than Blaine fucking Gabbert.

What are you talking about, Colin Kaepernick can't read a defense, play from the pocket, or some other arbitrary thing that we can say that doesn't really mean anything.  Andrew Luck has probably been as bad as any quarterback in the league, and everyone just assumes he's hurt.  If it wasn't for a lot of garbage time touchdowns, he'd probably be the worst in the league.  He's thrown one 1st quarter touchdown and one 2nd quarter touchdown.  He's thrown 8 in the 4th quarter which sounds good until you realize that only one of them gave his team a lead.  Most of those touchdowns were when the defense was playing a shell coverage trying to let them run out the clock.  People are questioning his play, but the language is so different than how we discuss black quarterbacks.  Kaep has earned his benching, but I'd like to see them give him the rest of the season to figure it out.  It would be one thing if black quarterbacks who flame out get second chances, but they don't.  If Kaepernick gets benched for the rest of the season, his career is over.  He may sign somewhere else, but he's not going to be a guy who floats from team to team like Kilpatrick, Hoyer, or McCown. 

I think several people have questioned why Gabbert has a job - but it was something that could be ignored because Kaep hadn't been bad.

I mean I could name about 20 other QBs using the "why do they have a job?" criteria

Kaep is going to get another shot way quicker than RG3 will

The Jets and Patriots tried to turn Tebow into everything but a quarterback, so it's happened to at least one white QB.

Bottom line, Kaep has very few weapons in that offence, and the line is dogshit. If the Niners offered him to the Jets for Shitzy, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. I think having a run game, a (usually) pretty good offensive line and Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker at his disposal might cure a couple of his ills.

• Like 1

So if Frisco gets a top 5 pick, do they go QB? Is Christian Hackenberg the answer? Seems like they have a lot of needs although QB definitely seems to be a mess right now.

No.  Christian Hackenberg is not an answer to anything you really want to question.  I'd say you just let Kaep have some time off from getting murdered behind that O-line and draft the hell out of the O-line this year.