• Sherman Smith, 2009, Redskins
• Jim Zorn*, 2008, Redskins
• Al Saunders, 2006 and 2007, Redskins
• Joe Gibbs*, 2005, Redskins
• Al Borges, 2004, Auburn
• Hugh Nall, 2003, Auburn
• Bobby Petrino, 2002, Auburn
• Noel Mazzone, 2001, Auburn

Edit - I think Sherman Smith is supposed to be Sherm Lewis. Who the fuck knows what the people were thinking that I stole that list from

I have a soft for Jason Campbell since him and I share the same name :). Oh also my dad shared an NFL namesake as well and that being Earl Campbell. 

He was just doing that to trick you, the NFL Earl Campbell is.....YOUR REAL FATHER or possibly your spirit guide. Either works.

• Like 1

I have a soft for Jason Campbell since him and I share the same name :). Oh also my dad shared an NFL namesake as well and that being Earl Campbell. 

He was just doing that to trick you, the NFL Earl Campbell is.....YOUR REAL FATHER or possibly your spirit guide. Either works.

If I had to pick one football player to be my spirit guide, it would probably be Earl Campbell.  What do you think he does in his free time these days, I'm thinking a lot of porch sitting, bourbon, and barbecue. 

Well he has to do sitting since he body is basically destroyed. (He is either always in a motorized wheelchair or walker)

That being said - I hope I look as amazing facially as Earl does in my later years

image000021.jpg?w=798

• Like 2

If I had to pick one football player to be my spirit guide, it would probably be Earl Campbell.  What do you think he does in his free time these days, I'm thinking a lot of porch sitting, bourbon, and barbecue. 

Well he has to do sitting since he body is basically destroyed. (He is either always in a motorized wheelchair or walker)

That being said - I hope I look as amazing facially as Earl does in my later years

image000021.jpg?w=798

To add to Rippa, he does do something akin to BBQ: product294qx_www.JPG

When did Davey get a chance? I was also using a random fun black QB.

He wasn't lucky enough to have Tom Brady's knee explode.  If Brady goes down when Rohan was the backup and he'd won 10 games then I'm sure he would have parlayed that as Matt Cassel did.

The talk-up that the Patriots did of Cassel should never be under-estimated either in the perception of Cassel in the league.  They franchise tagged him, talking heads were jabbering "they should keep Cassel and cut old man Brady and his wonky knee," and then they took what they could and laughed all the way to the bank.

I'm not suggesting that there aren't racial overtones in the way that some players are treated, just that Davey and Cassel aren't good examples.  If Cassel had only ever been a bench player and had never seen any meaningful action would he have seen a second contract?

Cassel is also the poster boy for the subsequent leaguethink that Pats backups must be potential starters if they were good enough to backup Brady.  Davey was with the Patriots prior it being in vogue to sign a former Pats backup to be your starter.

Jason Campbell and David Carr are my QB 'what if' guys because neither was ever in a position where success was even an option for them.

Poor, poor David Carr. His time in Houston utterly wrecked him. Destroyed his toughness, his technique, his psyche, the whole nine yards. He should never have been the starter in 2002. Bring in Jeff George or something, let the rookie sit until you can guys who can block more than once every 10 plays.

• Like 2

I'm still amazed that Joey Harrington was drafted so high.

He was awesome in college. Oregon really should have been in the national title game that year (though still would have gotten killed).

Campbell was playing really well in Oakland the year he got hurt. Had Oakland in the playoff hunt, enough so that they went out and got Palmer when Campbell went down.

Also, if we're talking about random black QBs, my favorite is a guy who did get multiple chances, even if he was never on good teams. Aaron Brooks, come on down!

Multiple chances equals 8 games as a Raider.

He was in New Orleans as well, IIRC. Wasn't he the QB of their first team to win a playoff game?

5 years as a starter for New Orleans after backing up the gunslinger in Green Bay. Had a couple very good years but was terrible his last year there and a complete disaster in Oakland. Strange he never got another shot after that.

Blake is the guy most famous for playing for the Bengals, yes. Him and some guy named Carl Pickens used to give the Steelers fits I remember (although we usually beat them). He never played for the Raiders but did do the journeyman backup thing for several years. Brooks is most famous for NO. Like supreme said, he basically had that Saints run and then 8 games as a Raider before getting bounced.

And to draw this full circle...one of Blake's stops was New Orleans where he was the starter for most of the season until getting hurt when he was replaced by...Aaron Brooks.

Adidas, a longtime sponsor of @RGIII, is taking a stand against Native American team names and mascots wp.me/p14QSB-9U0A

@ProFootballTalk

Get out the popcorn, folks, this could get interesting...

How soon do we blame RGIII for undermining the team for this? 

I imagine dogwelder will be by soon to do that.