DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL: WEEK NINE

RIPPA

Blaine Gabbert is a starting NFL QB again and the Jacksonville Jaguars at 2-5 are one game out of first place in the AFC South. If the Football Gods are kind, the 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars will host the 9-7 Oakland Raiders in a playoff game.

2015 is a wonderful year for the NFL

Also, I fucking hate Ryan Grigson for this shithole team he put together. Goddamn do the Colts suck and I hate saying that about my team. At least the Suck for Luck team was one at the end of their rope who lost their future HoF QB and nothing else went right. This Colts team shouldn't be this shitty, and yet, here we are.

And now the Colts get to play against Denver. OH WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Blaine Gabbert is a starting NFL QB again and the Jacksonville Jaguars at 2-5 are one game out of first place in the AFC South. If the Football Gods are kind, the 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars will host the 9-7 Oakland Raiders in a playoff game.

I actually like the Raiders a lot this year. Their receiving corps is outstanding, Latavius Murray is I think a fairly underrated RB, the guys behind Murray are good too, and Carr looks great. 

• Like 1

You say you want that, but I'm fairly certain you don't actually want to see that game.

I got Oakland by 13.

You say you want that, but I'm fairly certain you don't actually want to see that game.

I got Oakland by 13.

I want that for the fact of Jack Del Rio coming back to Jacksonville. Sure the Jags would lose but I can't think of a playoff game they'd win.

Whisenhunt fired

Mike Mularkey is the interm head coach for the Titans. Is this the only time where every season long head coach for a NFL franchise is coaching at the same time? (Coughlin, Del Rio, Mularkey, Bardley)

I don't necessarily think Whisenhunt was the guy, in fact I'm pretty sure he wasn't BUT the franchise QB is hurt, the talent is lacking, this team wouldn't be winning with Bill Walsh. Good franchises don't make these moves but I guess nobody ever accused Tennessee of being a good franchise.

Also, I fucking hate Ryan Grigson for this shithole team he put together. Goddamn do the Colts suck and I hate saying that about my team. At least the Suck for Luck team was one at the end of their rope who lost their future HoF QB and nothing else went right. This Colts team shouldn't be this shitty, and yet, here we are.

And when they lose, Texans are in first because they can't lose this week -- it's bye week!

Wow, didn't see the Whiz thing coming at all. If memory serves, he needed a couple years in the desert to turn it around and MM just got there. Granted Big Ben credits Arians more than Whisenhunt but you'd think they'd give him time to develop the young QB. Honestly, he was probably stupid for not trading Mariota to the Eagles - I bet he could've won some games with Foles being a poor man's Warner & he likely would've got a boatload of picks to beef up the team.

And when they lose, Texans are in first because they can't lose this week -- it's bye week!

At this point, as long as Hopkins and Washington continue hauling in catches, yards and TDs, I don't care :/

I bet he could've won some games with Foles being a poor man's Warner & he likely would've got a boatload of picks to beef up the team.

Things Nick Foles has in common with Kurt Warner...

1. They both play quarterback
  2. ...nope that's it.

They are both very pasty

Not really, per the LeBatard show Kurt Warner looks like the dude coming out of the pool in a Just For Men Commercial.  Nick Foles looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo.  Does Nick Foles' wife have a goofy haircut?  Like Jesus?  Did he ever stock shelves at a grocery store?  All I really know about Nick Foles is that he sucks. 

Worse job...That, or working for WWE as part of the writing staff or any part of creative.

LIterally not getting paid probably puts this one over the top (or disqualifies it from truly being a "job") but this race to the bottom still screams photo finish.

• Like 2

Worse job...That, or working for WWE as part of the writing staff or any part of creative.

I'd take the WWE job easily. The key ways to keep the job are A. Don't stalk divas B. Nod and agree with whatever Vince says C. Be single D. Have no ego so when your writing gets chopped to hell and you're told how shitty you are, you can keep going.

With the Washington job you'd have to be okay being unpaid and realizing you're working for the Washington Klitoris/MILFHUNTER/(insert inappropriate name from Washington's legal response to their trademark)

If you can emotionally detach yourself from your surroundings, the WWE job would be OK for a year or so and you'd have some cool stories to share afterwards.  And really, the keys to doing well on the job--agree with everything the boss says, don't be a pervert--applies to all positions.

The Washington FC internship may cause you to kill someone and catch a prison bid.