DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL: WEEK NINE

RIPPA

Blake is the guy most famous for playing for the Bengals, yes. Him and some guy named Carl Pickens used to give the Steelers fits I remember (although we usually beat them). He never played for the Raiders but did do the journeyman backup thing for several years. Brooks is most famous for NO. Like supreme said, he basically had that Saints run and then 8 games as a Raider before getting bounced.

And to draw this full circle...one of Blake's stops was New Orleans where he was the starter for most of the season until getting hurt when he was replaced by...Aaron Brooks.

I think that's why I got them confused, because of Blake's stop in New Orleans.

Blake is the guy most famous for playing for the Bengals, yes. Him and some guy named Carl Pickens used to give the Steelers fits I remember (although we usually beat them). He never played for the Raiders but did do the journeyman backup thing for several years. Brooks is most famous for NO. Like supreme said, he basically had that Saints run and then 8 games as a Raider before getting bounced.

And to draw this full circle...one of Blake's stops was New Orleans where he was the starter for most of the season until getting hurt when he was replaced by...Aaron Brooks.

Jeff Blake has to have one of the best looking deep balls ever.  It just looked like the ball fell from heaven into his receiver's hands.

• Like 2

Adidas, a longtime sponsor of @RGIII, is taking a stand against Native American team names and mascots wp.me/p14QSB-9U0A

@ProFootballTalk

Get out the popcorn, folks, this could get interesting...

How soon do we blame RGIII for undermining the team for this?

I imagine dogwelder will be by soon to do that.

Ok, seriously? I have NOT said one thing about the naming controversy other than to let it play out in the court system because the PTO has made some weird decisions based on the tech patents they've handed out. Frankly I don't give a fucking shit one way or the other about the name. The only reason why I use Skins is because I grew up in the DC area and it's what I'm used to.

Adidas, a longtime sponsor of @RGIII, is taking a stand against Native American team names and mascots wp.me/p14QSB-9U0A

@ProFootballTalk

Ok, seriously? I have NOT said one thing about the naming controversy other than to let it play out in the court system because the PTO has made some weird decisions based on the tech patents they've handed out. Frankly I don't give a fucking shit one way or the other about the name. The only reason why I use Skins is because I grew up in the DC area and it's what I'm used to.

• Like 1

Jeff Blake has to have one of the best looking deep balls ever. It just looked like the ball fell from heaven into his receiver's hands.
For sure. You need a guy to throw the ball 40 yards downfield? Jeff Blake is your guy. You need a guy to throw the ball 10 yards? Jeff Blake ain't your guy.

Jeff Blake has to have one of the best looking deep balls ever. It just looked like the ball fell from heaven into his receiver's hands.
Blake and Pickens was the beautiful oasis in the 15 years we spent wandering the NFL desert.

Blake and Pickens was the beautiful oasis in the 15 years we spent wandering the NFL desert.

Corey Dillon was pretty good, too.

Corey Dillon was pretty good, too.
Fair enough.

@ProFootballTalk

It was more a joke about your unbridled hatred of RGIII, just being light dude.

Gil Brandt ✔ @Gil_Brandt

Last coach to get another NFL HC job after leaving #Lions was Buddy Parker in 1957. 16 coaches have come, gone since then w/out resurfacing
  • Like 1