DVDVR Message Board

November 2015 Wrestling Discussion

OSJ

From today's F4W update:

Drew Gulak on the Two Man Power Trip radio show, when asked if he's signed a WWE deal, said, "I am not allowed to speak on that issue.  If I was allowed to, I would be in great detail. But I can't really elaborate on my business with WWE, or if there has been any business with WWE."

So, yes?

Oh fuck I know I'm way behind but I just started watching these and it's so great. Madden Rage is something I can 100% relate to because I remember the broken controllers and the shit talking and I think I even broke one Madden game, yeah I winged that bitch like a frisbie.  Anyway, it's a shame that Seth Rollins telling this story and he's a thousand times more engaging while telling this story than he is as a heel on the mic. 

And Billy Gunn was just fired from the WWE for failing a PED test

Monty "Kip" Sopp, better known as Billy Gunn, was fired today as a trainer by World Wrestling Entertainment.

Sopp was fired due to testing positive for elevated levels of testosterone in a powerlifting meet on July 25.

Sopp's drug test at the meet came up with a 37-1 testosterone/epitestosterone ratio, well over the 4-1 limit, and he was suspended from powerlifting for four years.

Sopp, 52, had returned to  WWE as a trainer in 2012 after several years away from the organization.  He worked as an agent and a trainer, as well as had a New Age Outlaws nostalgia run as a tag team, winning the tag team titles in early 2013.

He had done occasional run-ins at the end of some NXT shows with he and the babyfaces wrestlers ending shows doing DX crotch chops.

Most recently, he had appeared on television as one of the trainers on Tough Enough and Breaking Ground.

WWE officials were not aware of him competing as a powerlifter until a few weeks ago or his suspension from that sport.

He's not an active performer and is just a trainer. Why would it matter if he's using T for powerlifting? The only thing I can think of is that having someone on performance enhancers could send a bad message or could introduce and element of risk for others using them.

It wasn't even a test conducted by WWE. 

EDIT: Also, what Curt McGirt said. It took WWE 4 months to find out? This feels more like a reason to part ways with Gunn instead of punishing him for using testosterone, not that it really matters either way mind you.

• Like 2

Well, yes. That too.

I don't know. It bugs me a little that it's pretty fucking clear HHH and others are using something, not to mention the litany of substances that Vince is on, but a trainer uses a performance enhancer for power lifting and he gets axed 4 months after he fails a test?

I also get the Wellness Policy side of things, but would that even apply in this instance since he's only a trainer and WWE didn't conduct or handle the testing?

• Like 1

Gunn is one of Triple H's boys, he'll be back soon anyway.

Is he? Gunn said some pretty bad things about him during his TNA days. I know they must have patched things up to some extent, but I wonder if maybe Triple H could have protected Gunn from getting canned if he wanted.