DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hell in a Cell 2015.

The Natural

Did they really just have Cena job like a lower midcarder in less than 10 minutes to Alboreto Dull Rio? I guess when Punk comes back he beats Brock in 5 minutes since he's a guy that actually made WWE money.

They are already doing Kane/Taker vs Wyatt Family matches on special tours.  So he is showing up in the match.  My hope is that this isn't a setup for something at Wrestlemania but last year match against Bray was kind of a waste to begin with

My only problem with Del Rio winning was how easy it was.  I mean for 3 or 4 months John Cena has kicked out of tons of finishers like nothing.  Now you are telling me that a back breaker and superkick is a serious finish.   At least try to do something where Cena is just exhausted from defending the title but not really that

I think Nikki Bella and Cesaro had the best performances on this show, so clearly my "this show was mediocre" view is probably not representative of the majority of watchers. 

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by the Wyatt's abducting Taker. This should have been the first interaction between them. Last year's WM match was a fucking waste.

I kind of half paid attention to the show. Alberto being Cena's opponent pretty much took the wind out of my sails. Of everybody they could have gone with, fucking Alberto?

Did they really just have Cena job like a lower midcarder in less than 10 minutes to Alboreto Dull Rio? I guess when Punk comes back he beats Brock in 5 minutes since he's a guy that actually made WWE money.

I'm guessing this was at Cena's behest. He probably just wanted to get out the door as soon as he could to start his time off.

Well, that was a PPV.

So Wyatt loses to Reigns clean as a sheet, and suddenly he's going to eat Taker. We're supposed to believe Wyatt poses a thread why?

Nice of the faces to actually do something facey and save Taker or something.

Keep in mind, Brock couldn't beat Roman at Mania before Seth got in. There's an in-canon argument for Roman being tougher than Taker in 2015.

Full thoughts later but holy crap that US title match was a disappointment. Like, 8 minutes and a move that Dolph could kick out of more than one of. Felt less like somebody solving the Cena puzzle and more like Cena having an off night before vacay.

Good show though. Both cell matches were killer and we got blood in 2015. I'm satisfied.

Del Rio was a disappointing opponent for Cena. The match wasn't bad, but I have no interest in him.

Reigns/Wyatt was a disappointing, but kind of good still, just not the quite the match I wanted.

Nikki/Charlotte was little sloppy but good. I think I liked it more than their first match. Charlotte's selling was great, and Nikki was vicious. Wasn't sure to expect with this, but it left me pleased.

Seth/Kane started out ok but lost a lot of my interest when Rollins was on offense. It was still a better match than expected.

Ryback/Owens was criminally short and disappointing,

Taker/Brock delivered. I've never actually rooted for Brock in any of their matches, but with exception of WM 30 I always come out pretty satisfied with the matches themselves and this was no different.

I loved the post match stuff with the Wyatts. I was never enthralled with the idea of Bray vs. Taker at WM, but at any other time with the Wyatt Family intact and stronger than ever its defintiely a feud I can get behind.

I enjoyed the show overall, I was just hoping for something more.

I'm intrigued by the Wyatt's abducting Taker.

I kind of half paid attention to the show. Alberto being Cena's opponent pretty much took the wind out of my sails. Of everybody they could have gone with, fucking Alberto?

It was like that all night.

US TITLE CHALLENG>>>FUCKING ALBERTO DEL RIO!!!

Charlotte! ... NIKI FUCKING BELLA????

KEVIN OWEEFUCKING RYBACK???????

Seth Rollins! FUCING KANE???????

• Like 2

Just about every time discussion turns to Del Rio, people mention that he's a capable worker but that they can't find a reason to care about him.  That's still true and I'm glad someone beat Cena cleanly, I'm pretty indifferent to him in general.  Maybe we'll get some fresh matches before Cena returns and Overcomes the Odds to win his title back?  The match itself felt mailed in as hell.  

Reigns/Wyatt wasn't bad but seemed plodding in between big spots.  There wasn't anything outright bad on either guys behalf but the crowd seemed dead.

Tag match was also not bad, but came off more as a run of the mill Raw match than anything special.  The lack of Woods stooging on the outside also took a bit away from it.

Owens/Ryback also came across more as an average Raw match than something that had meaning behind it.  At least Ryback lost.

The women's match was better than I expected given the participants.  That top rope reverse rana looked awful for Nikki.  As usual the divas division booking makes no sense, but hopefully whatever comes next for Charlotte won't have anything to do with the Bellas.

The main event was chock full of redundant finisher killing, but that's what I expected.  At least both guys got color and that added quite a bit to the match.  Taker being able to survive all that punishment but succumbing to a punch to the balls kind of took away from it though.

You know when the post-match segment would have made sense?  After the first time Brock beat Taker and they were trying to set up the Wyatt/Taker feud.  Now someone else who lost his feud with Taker over a year ago (and has lost pretty much every feud since) is coming back to try again?  What next after Bray looses another feud will Foley or King Kong Bundy come back looking for revenge on Taker for a past loss?

I'm guessing this is going to lead to a Team Taker (which will probably be him with Ambrose, Reigns, and probably a returning Orton) vs Wyatts at Survivor Series.

I actually liked Charlotte/Nikki a lot. Nikki was so good at kicking Charlotte's ass, she kinda turned babyface halfway through the match.

Charlotte's punches are god-awful, but she's a bump freak, and Nikki throwing her around looked awesome.

The Alabama Slam on the apron was scary, though. Charlotte wasn't far off from landing neck first.

• Like 1

Reigns/Wyatt was pretty much the exact same match that Ambrose and Rollins had last year at HIAC. Meandering from one big spot to another with no purpose and nothing in-between. And fuck going through all of those big spots to have the finish come with just a spear.

Main event was fun and saved an otherwise dull show. I want to watch it again, as I wasn't able to give it full attention but what I did see was violent. I do agree with Piranesi's criticism of the story of the match not fitting within the overall arc. UNLESS THE CAGE GIVES TAKER POWER LIKE THE URN. That's it, right?!

Nikki's slam on the apron was the grossest spot of the night on a card featuring two hell in a cell matches. 

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to bring Del Rio back? That guy is a breathing channel changer.

Glad to see Taker and Lesnar get color. We can make an exception for one match a year, the kids will be fine.

Are they gonna keep the belt on Seth just long enough to break Punk's record?

I thought this was a really good show. The two cage matches were great. Reigns and Wyatt tag the f out of each other and did so in this match, but also added in a bunch of nasty kendo sticks and table bumps and etc. Taker/Lesnar was a great rematch and felt like it was Galactus vs. Dr. Doom or some such. The only other time I can remember a ring being ripped apart was during the Nexus invasion. Bray and The Family taking Taker is such a great way to end this PPV. Loved JBL talking about Taker paved the way for people like The Family.  I loved them carrying Taker out like a fallen messiah.

The woman's match was also really good. Not every spot was the crispest ever but they beat the hell out of each other. That match was also a really good story of the cagey Nikki coming in with a good "work the back" gameplan but the uber-athletic Charlotte powering through with her relentlessness.

Cena wins and you people bitch. Cena loses and the returning heel looks dominant and you people bitch.

Maybe the booking isn't the problem somuch as it is the whiny people here complaining.

If the returning heel wasn't Alberto, things would be very different. If Cena's opponent was Joe, Tyler Breeze, Cesaro, even James Storm; the feeling here wouldn't be complete apathy.

Cena wins and you people bitch. Cena loses and the returning heel looks dominant and you people bitch.

Maybe the booking isn't the problem somuch as it is the whiny people here complaining.

Because the world is binary like that. Del Rio was great in Lucha Underground because he was around once every three weeks, had a real fire he never had in WWE, and was working a more uptempo style. He was right back to the Del Rio of old tonight and it sucked. Cena's US championship reign was yet another opportunity to build up a future star (CESARO mostly), instead they fucked it up twice.

Yes, because everyone just hates that the winner looked dominant and not that the winner was ADR instead of a number of more interesting options. Jesus dude, you can stop erecting those strawmen anytime now. 

• Like 1

Not enough Daniel Bryan, don't you know? ;)

But on a serious note, I do think some have blocks to where they can longer enjoy when something is actually good.  I'm OK if they don't like Del Rio.  But the execution was fine and Del Rio is a fine worker.