DVDVR Message Board

NXT 10/22/15 TAPINGS (Airing 11/11/15)

RIPPA

That bike was cool, but he looked like a dork riding on the back while Camacho steered.

I always thought it was a shame Hunico's 21st century, NWO-era Konnan gimmick didn't get more of a shot. He was better doing that than he is as Sin Cara. They're so desperate to get a new Mexican draw, but they never seem to want to push the Mexicans they already have in the company.

I got to be honest, I don't see a problem with Sin Cara. I like the gimmick and Hunico is solid under the mask. The real Mistico was fucking up on a nightly basis where Hunico is pretty damn smooth 99% of the time. I wouldn't be opposed to a legit Sin Cara mid card title run with the U.S. strap.

Once the bell rings he is fine. But on the intro he just looks so... meh... next to Kallisto. Kallisto comes out like a high flying lucha should. Sin Cara looks like he is going through the motions.

There are six Latinos on the roster and five of them work a thinly veiled racist gimmick with two of them(the Lucha Dragons) working a gimmick that reduces Lucha, a celebration of Aztec/Mestizo culture, into finger pointing and mantra-ing the word over and over for your mainstream audience consumption i.e. white non-hispanic while a probably legit racist JBL makes comments about them being deported and such. Yep, I would not be as excited about it either to be honest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got to be honest, I don't see a problem with Sin Cara. I like the gimmick and Hunico is solid under the mask. The real Mistico was fucking up on a nightly basis where Hunico is pretty damn smooth 99% of the time. I wouldn't be opposed to a legit Sin Cara mid card title run with the U.S. strap.

Once the bell rings he is fine. But on the intro he just looks so... meh... next to Kallisto. Kallisto comes out like a high flying lucha should. Sin Cara looks like he is going through the motions.

There are six Latinos on the roster and five of them work a thinly veiled racist gimmick with two of them(the Lucha Dragons) working a gimmick that reduces Lucha, a celebration of Aztec/Mestizo culture, into finger pointing and mantra-ing the word over and over for your mainstream audience consumption i.e. white non-hispanic while a probably legit racist JBL makes comments about them being deported and such. Yep, I would not be as excited about it either to be honest.

Speaking of Latinos... does anyone know what's up with Oscar Vasquez (previously known as Magno)?

He was among the class of new signees that was announced in April of this year, but he's the only one of the class with previous wrestling experience that hasn't had any matches yet, not even on house shows AFAIK.

Is he injured or was he already released without anyone reporting it?

He's probably stuck in rookie classes. I await the Lucha Dragons joining Del Rio and reforming the Mexicools. Lawnmowers and all, so they can follow Dutch to the ring.

• Like 1

Enjoyable stuff with Crews and Baron to start the show. Alexa's cuckolds ate defeat, but It's Bayley! was great. She got the belly to belly on Murphy, had her biggest fan there, and even prevented those evil-doers' cheating! Tag title match wasn't much, but Nia's squash was fun and they're building up something with her being Eva Marie's muscle. The Joe-Balor stuff was a fine way to end the show too.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/11/wwe-nxt-11-11-15.html

Screens - 

9052c8446467447.jpg  

f82707446468840.jpg

It's Booty!
0b7ecf446468897.jpg 

c6af80446468924.jpg 

713c97446471187.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/6ofpsn8s9pvuwrhy03mloggr641boimu

I'm glad that I stopped playing Fallout 4 for long enough to watch this show because it was super-enjoyable, especially Bayley being a great '80s WWF-style super-face and Dash and Dawson taking apart the Villains. Dash and Dawson are the perfect type of tag team to have across from Enzo/Cass and Jordan/Gable, where the guys who play FIP can garner a ton of sympathy while Dash and Dawson destroy a limb. The Nia Jax squash was fun. Jax helping Eva Marie become champ in London, not so much. 

The Crews/Corbin and Joe/Bálor angles were hot, too. Really good show. 

Take your time, Finn. Take your time.  Another great episode. 

They're setting things up nicely for the women's division moving forward. Alexa Bliss gets her title match next week and Nia Jax is like Sin from Final Fantasy X hovering over everyone, could destroy their world at any time.  Speaking of Nia, we also have Eva possibly getting involved like maybe a Million Dollar Man and Andre kind of thing?  I don't know. Eva already has possibly a ref in her back pocket maybe she has her Andre too. 

Are WWE clever enough to book the whole Eva/Jax alliance all the way back on Total Divas when Eva appeared with the Rock at his movie premiere?  Probably not,  but at least the pairing makes sense.  And if we do get a Million Dollar Man Andre thing, which ref gets plastic surgery to look like Drake?

I'm sure Ron Simmons would be best friends with a legit racist

Mr T was Hulk Hogan's "best friend" too.
Yes. In Kayfabe . In real life Layfield and Simmons are best friends. Eddie was in Layfield's wedding party as well. See, JBL PLAYED a racist on a TV show years ago. That, and a southern accent doesn't mean he actually is one. Holy fuck.

I like what the did with the women tonight. It feels like they are building to something interesting. Have to say though it doesn't feel like Bailey will still be champ at the end of the year.

No way, I can see Bayley getting seriously merc'ed by somebody in London, then being out for a few weeks.  That will give her some time to recharge with the audience.

Seeing Crews in an actual feud has already made him way more interesting. Good brawl and promo from him. The women's title stuff was handled really well setting up current and future matches. Jax and Asuka both fell unbeatable right now as strongly built up challengers which just goes to show the importance of squash matches and how stupid 50/50 booking is. Also really liked the world title stuff great promo from Joe and the cheap tactic to get one up on Finn.

I like what the did with the women tonight. It feels like they are building to something interesting. Have to say though it doesn't feel like Bailey will still be champ at the end of the year.

No way, I can see Bayley getting seriously merc'ed by somebody in London, then being out for a few weeks.  That will give her some time to recharge with the audience.

While it would make sense to have this play out, can't help but feel selfish in not wanting to see Bayley lose the title.  Unless they have some bigger and better plans for her, I just want her to have the title for the longest time.   It would just be so damn sad seeing her lose.  If anything I'd be fine with them doing this early next year but not next month.

That said, Joe continues to be totally justified in his turn and that segment was fun.  Loved the mix tag for all its wackiness and holy fucking fuck the tag title match warmed my heart.  I love the old school approach Dash and Dawson bring where limb work is on point and they practically dominate.  I love how Aiden thought he had it figured out early on, but once he got the chop block that was it for him  He was a fool for tagging in after the hot tag, and I can see that adding tension to the Vaudevillains.  Fun, fun match.

Just another great episode of NXT.

Liked that run-in by Crews to start the show. It was way over and Crews got to show more range than "happy to be here." I think he's definitely in line to be the next face champ.

The mixed tag was a prime example of why NXT is the best. Out of those 6 people, I cared about maybe 1.5 of them going in, but together they all produced a really strong match that made everyone look more important at the end. I really liked the booking of Bayley as the #1 person in the entire match. Hitting the B2B on Murphy is a good subtle build to her being able to hang with Nia.

Nia Jax is looking more comfortable each week, and the Eva angle is intriguing. I also liked the backstage segment with Bayley and Alexa where Nia handled the dominant tweener role perfectly.

The tag title match was fine. I really like Dash and Dawson. They're an ideal straight-man team for all the other wacky charismatic teams around them. Them vs. Jordan/Gable is money.

Joe's promo was good at the end, as was using Drake to set up the choke. I hope Joe gets a run with the strap. I'd love to see matches with him against Crews and Hideo (and Zayn of course if he comes back to NXT instead of the main roster).

Nia Jax is the Brock Lesnar of the women's division. A force of nature. Neither heel nor face unless Eva has enough money to pay her off and the thing they've done with the Eva character is shown that she's taking vacations, doing what she wants, living it up..   They could totally play up that because Total Divas is successful she has more money than all of the other ladies. Now she can buy her victories.

While it would make sense to have this play out, can't help but feel selfish in not wanting to see Bayley lose the title.  Unless they have some bigger and better plans for her, I just want her to have the title for the longest time.   It would just be so damn sad seeing her lose.  If anything I'd be fine with them doing this early next year but not next month.

Despite my comment I would totally be happy to see Bailey as champ for another 3-6 months. Its just that with whatever is building, her losing the belt sooner than later seems likely.