DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL NXT DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I am going to mention this here (with spoilers)

so far taping tonight - for next week's show (no results just matches)

Sami Zayn vs. Ty Dillinger

Fatal Four Way: Hype Bros vs. Jordan/Gable vs. Vaudevillians vs. Blake/Murphy

They didn't say it but I am assuming that tag match is for #1 contender

I am going to mention this here (with spoilers)

so far taping tonight - for next week's show (no results just matches)

Sami Zayn vs. Ty Dillinger

Fatal Four Way: Hype Bros vs. Jordan/Gable vs. Vaudevillians vs. Blake/Murphy

They didn't say it but I am assuming that tag match is for #1 contender

Plus

Bull Dempsey vs Elias Sampson

Man, tickets for NXT Detroit went/are going FAST! Pre-sale today (code: NXTLive) and I was logged in early and got in RIGHT at 10am. Immediately all the main floor $102 tickets were already gone. Within minutes, I was unable to get any good seats with two of them together. I tried for a few minutes and after about 6 minutes, the site was saying there were no seats together anymore. I ended up getting a ticket on the stage, which will be an awesome seat, but it's just one. Wasn't sure if I'd have anybody to go with anyway, but I still wanted to get two tickets. I'm going to try actually calling the box office when it opens and see if perhaps talking to somebody live might make a few more seats available than on the website. Either way, it looks like NXT Detroit is going to be sold out in just minutes. Crazy!

I wonder how far away are we from seeing NXT outsell the main roster in tickets for some of these spot shows. Obviously they won't be able to do the regular house show schedule WWE does in terms of big venues but if both ran the same building, I could see NXT outdoing WWE in quite a few cities.

I know my friends and I would much rather throw down money for NXT tickets than WWE. 

NXT Chicago sold out in a minute earlier today.  Why even set up a show in Chicago if you're going to run it in a building that seats 2,000? 

There is absolutely no reason not to run this thing at Allstate.  What the hell were they thinking?

NXT Chicago sold out in a minute earlier today.  Why even set up a show in Chicago if you're going to run it in a building that seats 2,000? 

There is absolutely no reason not to run this thing at Allstate.  What the hell were they thinking?

Allstate for a NXT house show sounds a little too ambitious.  If this was a live special on a PPV weekend it'd make sense, but NXT are smart enough not to overextend themselves this quickly.

The Allstate crowd is an NXT crowd going to WWE shows.  Chicago is one of the most passionate wrestling towns in the world.  If you got on the computer at 10:01 this morning you had no chance at a ticket.  2,000 seats in Chicago feels like a step back, even for a house show.

• Like 2

So has NXT officially became a hotter house show ticket than the main roster? A house show selling out in a minute is pretty crazy. They're currently begging people to come to the Lesnar house show with free food. I bet NXT would out draw it in the same arena.

They need to move these NXT Takeover shows to bigger venues.  I have no idea if the Convention center is bigger than the place holder the Hall of Fame but these shows are selling out before the regular sale date.

Of course most of the headaches is trying to outsmart the bullshit of Ticketmaster.  At least 3 times I have a ticket in my sights and it was gone after I got through all of the captcha which picture is a school bus crap

• Like 1