DVDVR Message Board

SPORTS MEDIA THREAD DEUX

Dolfan in NYC

ESPN has decided not to renew Keyshawn Johnson's contract.

Always hated the guy for taking jealous cheap shots at a teammate (Wayne Chrebet). And particularly one who was not blessed with great size or strength but through sheer will and effort made himself a very good NFL player.

ESPN has decided not to renew Keyshawn Johnson's contract.

Always hated the guy for taking jealous cheap shots at a teammate (Wayne Chrebet). And particularly one who was not blessed with great size or strength but through sheer will and effort made himself a very good NFL player.

He wrote a book titled, "Just Give Me the Damn Ball."  You can hate him all you want, but that will get my fandom every single time.

I have more an issue with Ditka still being there but it seems like they are just going to ride him for one more season and then not renew his contract.

Also the speculation is that ESPN already has Charles Woodson lined up as Key's replacement

I have more an issue with Ditka still being there but it seems like they are just going to ride him for one more season and then not renew his contract.

Also the speculation is that ESPN already has Charles Woodson lined up as Key's replacement

Oh goddamnit.  Don't make me have to watch fucking ESPN just for Charles.  Can't he like replace Esiason on CBS's pregame show?

Oh goddamnit.  Don't make me have to watch fucking ESPN just for Charles.  Can't he like replace Esiason on CBS's pregame show?

Esiason is fucking awful, and I want to stab him in the forehead with a steak knife whenever he's on my TV.  I remember Shannon Sharpe telling/acting out a great joke where he fake-cried like infamous Miss USA Tara Conner while reciting Dennis Green's "we let them off the hook" rant.  Both press conferences had happened in the same week. Hilarious stuff, with James Brown and Dan Marino legitimately doubling over in laughter.   Esiason acted like his laxative had just kicked in and he was going to need new boxers.  What a humorless humanoid pod.  He needs to go live with Poochie on his home planet or something.

Just another reminder that Mitch Albom is a piece of shit

http://deadspin.com/mitch-albom-goes-on-espn-to-say-awful-things-about-jame-1756350612

The Jameis Winston case is always going to be polarizing.  Everything about it was mishandled in a way that no one really knows what happened except Jamies and his accuser.  No one seems innocent, but no one can say for sure who is guilty.  Going on television and bad mouthing someone who could very possibly be a rape victim is just a terrible thing to do.  I also love when people claim they wouldn't take money for something, when every single one of us would take the money if that was the only restitution we could get for being wronged.  I guess being a broke rape victim without any chance for justice is more noble than having money as a rape victim with no chance for justice.  That is just stupid.

Esiason is fucking awful, and I want to stab him in the forehead with a steak knife whenever he's on my TV.  I remember Shannon Sharpe telling/acting out a great joke where he fake-cried like infamous Miss USA Tara Conner while reciting Dennis Green's "we let them off the hook" rant.  Both press conferences had happened in the same week. Hilarious stuff, with James Brown and Dan Marino legitimately doubling over in laughter.   Esiason acted like his laxative had just kicked in and he was going to need new boxers.  What a humorless humanoid pod.  He needs to go live with Poochie on his home planet or something.

Who thinks Mike and Mike are even capable of keeping up with either of those dudes verbally?  Skip and Stephen A. are clowns, but they are clowns that are really good at what they do.  Those dudes have based their entire careers on saying outrageous things that they can argue better than you can argue your reasonable point.  Mike and Mike have based their careers on never saying anything that anyone can disagree with.  This is a terrible thing to do with your flagship radio show. 

Mike Francesca woke up long enough to say he is ending his show at the end of 2017.

I am not saying I’m not gonna work again. I’m not saying I’m not gonna do anything ever again. What I’m saying is, that part of my life is ending. At the end of ‘17, that is ending. I agreed to stay through the end of ‘17. We talked about me leaving earlier. We discussed it. They didn’t really want it. They didn’t really give me a chance to get out. They never offered me a reasonable way out. So, ‘17 it is. At the end of ‘17, there will be no more FAN. That I promise.

I like that he's even being a douche about retirement.

Once a douche, always a douche.

• Like 1

Some great ESPN on ESPN twitter violence after the 30 for 30 on the Bears:

Danny Kanell

How did they find enough guys to speak coherently with all the CTE football apparently causes?? Must be cgi or something I guess... #30for30

Dan Le Batard Show ‏@LeBatardShow  57m

@dannykanell Danny, Dave Duerson couldn't be interviewed because he killed himself

Also it looks like Robert Flores is leaving ESPN so apparently nobody has to tell him anymore about things Neville does on RAW or Smackdown

• Like 2