DVDVR Message Board

SPORTS MEDIA THREAD DEUX

Dolfan in NYC

Watching Mike & Mike for the first time in a few months.  Is Golic sick?  I know he's in his mid-50's, but it looks like he's aged 10 years since last fall.  If I didn't know better, I'd assume he's 15 years older than Greenie.  His hair has gone gray (i.e., I assume he's stopped dyeing his hair) and he looks kinda pasty this morning.

Also, I realize that this is a radio show that is simulcast on television, but, holy cow, is it annoying to listen to the Mikes shill Tommy John underwear and Uber as they go to commercial.  I expect that from my local talk show.   I find it really irritating to listen to these two shill products like their show is scrapping to pay the bills.

Watching Mike & Mike for the first time in a few months.  Is Golic sick?  I know he's in his mid-50's, but it looks like he's aged 10 years since last fall.  If I didn't know better, I'd assume he's 15 years older than Greenie.  His hair has gone gray (i.e., I assume he's stopped dyeing his hair) and he looks kinda pasty this morning.

Also, I realize that this is a radio show that is simulcast on television, but, holy cow, is it annoying to listen to the Mikes shill Tommy John underwear and Uber as they go to commercial.  I expect that from my local talk show.   I find it really irritating to listen to these two shill products like their show is scrapping to pay the bills.

Well considering how much ESPN is in cost cutting mode. . . . :)

This is probably the best place for this, but this may be the greatest sports Twitter account in the universe. 

@WhatHeLooksLike

Jay Gruden Looks like Frank Caliendo doing Jon Gruden. h/t @darrenrovell

CcAAMrVUYAAImFf.jpg

Kevin Love looks like the 30 year old purple belt doing karate with all kids.

CbX_nsMXIAA8B1m.jpg

Jeremy Shockey looks like Ed Hardy started making people.

CapMsBkW0AAr4Ba.jpg

This is probably the best place for this, but this may be the greatest sports Twitter account in the universe. 

@WhatHeLooksLike

Jay Gruden Looks like Frank Caliendo doing Jon Gruden. h/t @darrenrovell

CcAAMrVUYAAImFf.jpg

Kevin Love looks like the 30 year old purple belt doing karate with all kids.

CbX_nsMXIAA8B1m.jpg

Jeremy Shockey looks like Ed Hardy started making people.

CapMsBkW0AAr4Ba.jpg

Do you listen to the Lebatard show?  He's been doing this for years.

It's a particularly shitty legal argument. The fact that she was a rising star in the company and the fact that she was the victim of a sex crime are mutually exclusive.

Not to mention if the staff actually did what they're being accused of, they're liable as fuck.

The argument that she somehow benefited from a crime being committed doesn't excuse the crime that was committed.  They should have just paid her whatever she asked for if that is the best argument they could come up with.

And we haven't even talked about ESPN forcing her to do an on-air interview about the incident before it would let her on the air again because "some people didn't believe her" is... well... pretty typical ESPN

Pretty sure 'those who didn't believe her' included Michelle Beadle.

But, GIRL POWAH!

Beadle believed it happened. She just thought Andrews exploited the publicity to further her career. Not that I buy it but you can make a case for that.

How do people come to the conclusion that she exploited the publicity to further her career?  Her privacy was violated, she talked about how terrible of an experience it was, and then kept being a sideline reporter.  What did people want her to do?

Well and Marriott's defense/questioning whatever you want to call it was "Well you got Victoria's Secret and you got an Orange Juice deal, etc... afterwards so clearly you became "more" famous because of it"

I think the theory is that she made the media rounds (oprah, etc) to play the victim card and increase her cross over profile outside of sports.

Is that a victim card or is that someone actually being the victim of a crime?  I hate the card card.  If someone shoots you in the face, and you call the police, are you playing the victim or are you the victim?  If Oprah calls you and wants to talk about it, are you playing the victim or are you bringing awareness to what happened.  She's a public figure who someone illegally filmed when she was naked, are we surprised that people wanted to interview her?  She didn't do the Kardashian thing and start slanging them tapes like bean pies, she did a couple of interviews. 

Also - Andrews testified that now the very first thing she does when she gets to a hotel is switch rooms.

She also completely checks the room over and basically leaves things in a certain way so she knows when someone has entered the room.

I also heard that in her testimony - it is still in her mind that when she goes to cover a game, she walks into a place and will have the notion "everyone here has seen me naked"

Also - Andrews testified that now the very first thing she does when she gets to a hotel is switch rooms.

She also completely checks the room over and basically leaves things in a certain way so she knows when someone has entered the room.

I also heard that in her testimony - it is still in her mind that when she goes to cover a game, she walks into a place and will have the notion "everyone here has seen me naked"

But she's more famous, because of all the lecherous dudes who saw her naked illegally.  She should be paying Marriott.  Here's a message from the Marriott's CEO Joe Blow.

• Like 1

How do people come to the conclusion that she exploited the publicity to further her career? Her privacy was violated, she talked about how terrible of an experience it was, and then kept being a sideline reporter. What did people want her to do?

The theory is this: if you feel your privacy is violated and you don't want to draw attention to yourself about it, you don't give a ton of high-profile interviews about the subject.

How do people come to the conclusion that she exploited the publicity to further her career? Her privacy was violated, she talked about how terrible of an experience it was, and then kept being a sideline reporter. What did people want her to do?

The theory is this: if you feel your privacy is violated and you don't want to draw attention to yourself about it, you don't give a ton of high-profile interviews about the subject.

That is still flawed, because she isn't drawing attention to herself as much as she is shedding light on the situation.  Who knows if she is the only person that was filmed by that guy.  He could have filmed hundreds of women, but her fame is the only reason he got caught(he did get caught right?).  This dude could have hundreds of videos of anonymous women, but her fame made him put it on the internet.  No one is complaining that her fame got the guy caught, why are they mad that she brought attention to it afterwards?