DVDVR Message Board

SPORTS MEDIA THREAD DEUX

Dolfan in NYC

He got 30 months.

I'm usually on the Clint Eastwood, "Deserves got nothing to do with it," program, but she deserves every single dime she's asking for.  She probably deserves more for the way Marriott is handling the entire situation.

• Like 1

Pretty sure 'those who didn't believe her' included Michelle Beadle.

But, GIRL POWAH!

Beadle believed it happened. She just thought Andrews exploited the publicity to further her career. Not that I buy it but you can make a case for that.

I'll be honest: there was a time where I had a similar opinion.  She winds up on Dancing with the Stars immediately after the situation.  It felt self-exploitative.  But the more I thought about it, the more it felt like I was blaming Andrews for being a victim.  It's not like she wasn't looking to expand her career prior to the Peeping Tom mess.  Why should she put her life on hold because of a serial pervert?

Ultimately, she was taken advantage of and I can't imagine how that impacts her life.  And it's not for me to judge.

IF it isn't, its going to be one of those pitches that the entire stadium groans and the pitcher is half way towards the dugout when the ump calls ball. I imagine there are some Disney lawyers working hard to find a way to abrogate his contract. . . .

I love Schilling for what he did to help us win the 2004 World Series but he has some pretty shitty personal opinions.

He also owns enough Nazi memorabilia to start about 7 museums.

He got 30 months.

I'm usually on the Clint Eastwood, "Deserves got nothing to do with it," program, but she deserves every single dime she's asking for. She probably deserves more for the way Marriott is handling the entire situation.

Now this part I disagree with.. most people in wrongful death suits aren't even seeing anything close to $75M. I don't want to minimize her pain and anguish but that seems real steep.

Hahn and Humpty (Rick DiPietro) on ESPN NY is easily the greatest radio sports talk show going today. DP on Mark Andre Fleury today: "I'd gladly take the 50 game suspension just to punch him in the face".

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

And Twitter explodes with comments about how any amount of money is supposed to excuse what happened to her and that the hotel was complicit in it.

The best dude on Twitter, netw3rk, is back working for Simmons and all is right in the world!  I look forward to his NBA stuff, but it's really all about the Ask the Maester column.

Now if he could only get his hands on Lowe and Rembert we would be set.

CBS announced it is looking to sell all of its radio stations.

This will obviously have its effects on the sports radio scene as CBS currently owns some very big sports talk stations including the granddaddy of them all - WFAN