DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
RIPPA

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I guess you guys didn't get the Ricky Martin reference? Said by Kurt Angle from the Austin/Angle/Vince "hugging promo" many moons ago.

I give Rey credit for even being up for trying a spot as innovative and/or risky on an indy show. He's definitely earned the right to just go through the motions on the indy circuit, work a basic match, 619, West Coast Pop, 1-2-3. Cool to know he's not doing that, or at least he wasn't on this night.

Given how often you hear of wrestlers crediting Kip Frey's best match on the card bonus, I find it a little surprising you never hear of stories of promotions that have high profile matches, where beforehand, two different agreeable outcomes are agreed to backstage, and the promoter/booker makes the call on the fly as to who goes over based on who put more effort into the match or made the other guy look good, or something like that?

That Bobby Heenan fucking rules.

Hopefully it's a Heenan Family four pack with Bobby, Rude, Perfect, and Andre.

Looks like it will be Heenan, Perfect, Andre and Studd.

I give to you one of the greatest things ever. Juiced-up pool boy Sign Guy Dudley imitator Lodi (goddamn I STILL hate that guy) getting murdered by Perry Saturn. Watch it again and again and again. 

• Like 1

Given how often you hear of wrestlers crediting Kip Frey's best match on the card bonus, I find it a little surprising you never hear of stories of promotions that have high profile matches, where beforehand, two different agreeable outcomes are agreed to backstage, and the promoter/booker makes the call on the fly as to who goes over based on who put more effort into the match or made the other guy look good, or something like that?

I would think it would be too easy for talent to accidentally-on-purpose go into business for themselves in that instance.

Man some of those new figures look so damn creepy and derpy with the faces. I don't get it. They have all those high tech computer stuff, 3d laser imaging and what ever and they never seem to get the faces right. They end up looking creepy with a smile or derpy with a smirk.

Anyway the funniest one is current Triple H. He looks like he's juicied to the gills with even more muscle definition than John Cena.

Don't fucking call them dolls

I have been buying them had people buying them for me since before I could talk. they're dolls, according to those people .

FTFY; before you were able to talk, you weren't "buying" shit.

Anyway the funniest one is current Triple H. He looks like he's juicied to the gills with even more muscle definition than John Cena.

Yes, how ridiculous.

main-triple-h.jpg?itok=TJvovYmz

• Like 1

12-yr old me is pissed that figures didn't look that awesome when I was into them. I had to put up with crap like this:

158249734_bret-hart-shawn-michaels-wwf-r

$_35.JPG

• Like 2

Speaking of the aforementioned Rey/Ricochet/Black match, how's this for a contrived Davey-esque spot?

https://instagram.com/p/8aBy_LSm-J/

Yup....pretty fucking awful.

I give it 3 out of 5 Daveys...

I give it 5 out of 5 Daveys because it immediately set up the double 619.  So it went from overly contrived spot to overly contrived signature spot.  Goddamn, Davey could learn somethiing watching Rey Rey. 

• Like 2

I know everyone around here hates Scott Keith, but I thought this from his blog would be total gold.

* Axel & Rose – Curtis Axel and Adam Rose take on a 1980’s Hair Metal gimmick (imagine 3MB but with more eye-liner and camper music)

• Like 1

Hah Steve had the Kevin Nash vibrator you guys

• Like 2

Hah Steve had the Kevin Nash vibrator you guys

I heard it breaks down before it can finish the job

• Like 5

When I was a kid someone on the block tosses an LJN Big John Studd at another kid's face.  He needed stiches to close the wound.  Haha.  He was fucked up from getting hit with that fucker.  

• Like 1

12-yr old me is pissed that figures didn't look that awesome when I was into them. I had to put up with crap like this:

158249734_bret-hart-shawn-michaels-wwf-r

$_35.JPG

Those are improvement over the LJN figures and the ones that came after that, that could only do one move and do it poorly.  

Rick Rude with amazing Rude Awakening action!  Just don't expect to fit another figure's misshapen head in his arm!

22-01-2012%2B11-55-44_0067.JPG

• Like 1

That's one more move than the LJN one could do

^ word. And what was that outfit about? Sad to say but I had to pretend my Butch Reed figure was Ron...

ron-simmons-damn-o-s.gif

The Galoob Simmons still has a more varied moveset than the LJN Rude

o_wwf-ljn-black-card-wrestling-superstar

Shoulder block, head but, drop kick, leg drop, tope suicida, and big splash.  That's enough for a decent match.  

• Like 4