DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

Before we get ridiculous over comparing shows, it's important to note that Summerslam was booked like a Summerslam. Takeover was booked like NXT WrestleMania. Big difference.

NXT books every fucking takeover like NXT Wrestlemania though, why is it so hard for WWE to not fuck about on one of there 4 biggest shows of the year when NXT never does on there big ones?

Seriously, I can come up with 5 shitty booking moves off this just show that drove me nuts.

1. Undertaker/Lesnar finish that makes Taker look like a cheapshot artist and Lesnar look like a dumb guy.

2. Having your Title Unification match end via interference that was basically botched by an actor.

3. Booking your "Divas Revolution" match built around the Bellas working a fucking control segment on Paige.

4. Double Countout on a damned Summerslam match between Ziggler and Rusev.

5. Putting Cesaro and Owens in the death spot instead of said Rusev/Ziggler match.

Just what the fuck?

I wanted to like this show and was well on my way, but fuck, the WWE hates me I guess.

I get the celebrity thing, I guess, but Lawler didn't job to Kauffman. Have some respect for your business.

And fuck the Brock finish. Undertaker is indestructible, right? Then don't have him fucking tap. With this finish, they both look like assholes. And that was a great fucking match, but nobody is talking about that because of the finish.

Well since it was a DQ, he did job to Kaufman. . .lol

You know you guys had me so convinced that Dean was about to turn on Roman before the spear. Goddamn you all.

I suspect Reigns' MIA spot is going to become a point of contention for the two. Ambrose took all the abuse, Reigns got the pin. That can easily be the spark to start the fire.

That said, I enjoyed the match. Bodies flying, hard hitting, and they eventually meet again.

The first four minutes of that match was awesome. Just a straight fun brawl.

This wasn't as good as Takeover, but still well-worth watching. Taker-Brock was far better than the WM match, and even better than I was expecting going in with Taker looking so good this year at WM. Hopefully he didn't hurt himself on the F5 through the table, because he had his working shoes on and really needs to be as healthy as possible at this age.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/wwe-summerslam-2015-live-from-brooklym.html

Screens -

cd6ae6431128363.jpg

18ffac431133335.jpg

YUP I SAID BOOTIES

a31e79431133355.jpg

a193d0431151436.jpg 

d8a7e1431151437.jpg

26a5fa431162267.jpg 

3e0d62431162573.jpg

To quote Xavier, YUP I SAID BOOTIES

926233431136493.jpg

Kickoff Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/xily01njxd6y1bvxinnyic5pdgage74b

Summerslam Screens - 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/60a9bebaal5scl3478ncved28o2sooev

I'm convinced Ziggler must've peed in some of y'all's Yoo-Hoo as children or something. The irrational hatred is astounding. Match was fine. Hated the Lesnar/Taker finish until I saw the angle where Taker definitely tapped. As always, the New Day was aces.

• Like 1

Another thing: how is the finish controversial? How does it build anything? 

It only works if Taker DOESN'T TAP and the timekeeper fucked up. 

I mean, unless Taker does a promo gloating that he tapped out Brock where's the dispute? 

Video shows that Brock won clean. Everyone can see it. Not a lot of dispute. 

I will give Lana credit.  Nobody has made acid washed clothing look that good since Reagan was the president.   All she needs now is a Michael jackson red zipper jacket.  

Big E needs to do a duet with Craig Ferguson and remake the "Take Your Panties Off" song for his new entrance song.

Another thing: how is the finish controversial? How does it build anything?

It only works if Taker DOESN'T TAP and the timekeeper fucked up.

I mean, unless Taker does a promo gloating that he tapped out Brock where's the dispute?

Video shows that Brock won clean. Everyone can see it. Not a lot of dispute.

Eh, that part's easy. Taker got his hand raised, the official win, the winners share of the purse, etc.

• Like 1

Apropos of nothing I just realized Rollins and New Day had matching outfits. Mind. Blown.

They need to add Bayley for the full flush. As it were:

tumblr_ntkdp8KCMZ1qb82k0o1_500.png

Apparantly the Jo Anns off exit 13 of the Jersey Turnpike had a clearance sale on white and gold spandex.

Or Rick James had a yard sale. Either or. But that would explain the jacket D-Wade had on in Esquire.

• Like 1

Taker cheating and hitting a low blow and even tapping unseen... All good. It's a heel turn.

The timekeeper ringing the bell without the ref calling for it? Stupid as shit.

Exactly. I don't mind The Undertaker desperately clawing onto his legacy by any means necessary. Even the idea of tapping "to trick" the referee/timeskeeper whomever is fine in theory. it was just really poorly done. There's gotsta be a better way to have The Undertaker cheat his way to victory using desperation tactics that isn't so lame.

Watching Taker go from unstoppable demon to vulnerable old guy in eyeliner is great. The execution hasn't been the best throughout though.

Also, I wish Cena/Rollins had more stuff built around Cena's face like the strike exchange 3/4s of the way through the match where Cena covered up top and Rollins attacked the body and less Cena does a bunch of moves and Rollins kicks out -> Rollins does all of the moves and Cena kicks out. That shit is garbage in New Japan and it's garbage in WWE.

• Like 1