DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

I wonder if all the hype for an Ambrose/Reigns turn will end up being like everyone expecting the Shield to break up for so long and they never did... until, you know, they did.

Or when everyone though Reigns would win at WM--but didn't.  Or when Reigns was going to win MITB--but didn't.  Or when Reigns was supposed to turn heel after his WM loss--but didn't.

Maybe Taker will sell his soul to the Authority a la Austin to Vince at Wrestlemania. Maybe victory means that much to him. Summerslam usually marks a new direction in storylines and that seems like as good a plot as any.

I'm excited as fuck for the Stephen Amell match. Met him a couple of years ago and he's a super nice dude. Also, for those who aren't familiar with him, this is how he works out:

Yeah, he's gonna be more than capable of holding his own I think

This is the most I've looked forward to a WWE card in... years.  Really looking forward to NXT too.

Oddly, the match I've anticipating least is Brock-UT.  Kinda hoping it goes on last so i can check out early and just read spoilers.  I really haven't wanted to see the Oldertaker since he started doing the deadman gimmick again.

• Like 1

I don't feel like the pre-show is quite the demotion that it used to be with the Network and all. And the matches almost always seem to get about the same amount of time they would have on the main show.

Plus, Taker has always stepped his game up at the times he had something to prove. And not only is it a case of their last match being clunky, but a group of snot-nosed punks are threatening to steal the weekend.

Plus, Taker has always stepped his game up at the times he had something to prove. And not only is it a case of their last match being clunky, but a group of snot-nosed punks are threatening to steal the weekend.

Then shouldn't he have had a good match at this past WM? He looked terrible. I hope he's in better condition.

Is his match No DQ? The build-up indicates that they can't really be contained within the rules of a normal match. Plus, more opportunities for the old man to hit Brock below the belt.

My WWE Network app on xbox 360 keeps skipping during the replay of NXT, will it be like this for the live feed of SS?

I'm trying to watch the NXT replay on my laptop and I'm getting the same thing. I've never had this problem before, but it's really irritating me. If it keeps up during Summerslam, I'm just gonna say fuck it and try to watch both shows another day.

• Like 1