DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 17 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I liked Cena's promo, because at least in those opening moments he set up Rollins as a threat. It devolved in those final comments though. Plus, Rollins doing the "Superman Cena" comparison that we do all the time and Maffew does on the regular was a nice nod.

"Glory, glory BROOOOOCK LE-SNAR ..." was a bit corny (the chorus, not the song itself).

So, where womens is concerned, NXT > WWE, officially. Good to see it finally acknowledged.

Lana shooting down JBL's snarky shit mouth was fun. "Oh Jyohn, you ant your jyokes." I thought, as Summer stepped in the ring, that we were about to see a catfight out of ECW 101, which was an odd choice to follow #divasrevolution2015 Lynch vs. Tamina. Then Lana slaps her doppelganger and summons Rusev with the Rock's "Just Bring It" palm.

I also got the funny feeling Ambrose is turning. I can see why they would do that but A) I wish two guys could be buddies without turning on each other and 2) it has the potential to go awry pretty easily. Both guys could end up with mixed reactions rather than a heel/face dynamic and that could spell death. On the other hand, Dean does need a bit of a shake up...

Oh BTW

Xavier Woods ‏@XavierWoodsPhD  9h9 hours ago

Xavier Woods retweeted DVDVR
No way. They are the useless policemen that refuse to arrest the misfits for the numerous attempts on Jem's life Xavier Woods added,
DVDVR @D_V_D_V_R
@davidbix @XavierWoodsPhD So does that mean that the PTP are the Misfits? - RevRay
  • Like 13

You know, lost in all this Cena promo talk is that Rollins cut a really great promo himself. He did something that I've been waiting for someone to do. Multiple people (Kane, Heymaan, Steph, etc.) have cut the "Turn heel John" promo, but Seth pointed to John already being a heel in the minds of many. Did Punk ever go that far when he feuded with Cena? If not, he should have, since their feud was essentially "WWE Batman vs. Superman".

• Like 2

Remember when Da Meltz said we wouldn't like the newest Wyatt Family member... And we all thought it would be Adam Rose or some shit. It's going to be fucking Ambrose and it's going to suck.

Good God that would be the shits. Dean's big heel turn leads to him becoming Eric Rowan's fill in? Yeah no thanks to that. Ambrose turning on Reigns would probably get the biggest pop of the night though.

Is it just me or has the best built feud been Neville/Arrow vs Stardust/Barrett? I guess that's far enough down the card where Vince isn't paying attention, and even that has Wade being added at the last minute from outta nowhere.

The women haven't had a proper angle since the first night of the "revolution". Brie and Fox just stood there and watched Naomi distract Nikki and Sasha make Nikki tap without doing a damn thing. No post match brawl no nothing just a couple of randomly thrown together matches between two people in the "feud".

Remember when Da Meltz said we wouldn't like the newest Wyatt Family member... And we all thought it would be Adam Rose or some shit. It's going to be fucking Ambrose and it's going to suck.

The upside is going to be when Ambrose takes over the Family and casts Wyatt out in five months.

New Day entrance is always the highlight of RAW.  That women's match before the main even was not good.  Nikki Bella is terrible, and Sasha just couldn't carry her to something decent.  I think the 3-way will be a mess on Sunday.  Looking forward to The Shield versuus the Wyatts the most.  Not much else I want to see on this.  I think Brock-Taker won;t be very good, but you never know how much magic is left in the Taker's tank.  Anyway...John Stewart,  

I'm all in on Ambrose in the Wyatt Family.  I could fantasy book the hell out of that.  Just keep him independently crazy and not brainwashed crazy.  Have Bray running around spouting his nonsense, but Ambrose is just in it for the laughs.  

They definitely need to turn someone.  Not enough upper card heels at the moment.

• Like 2

Ambrose and Reigns should never turn on each other. They should just be mid-90s Luger and Sting. Ambrose can do the shady shit while Reigns is oblivious to it all. They can have miscommunications here and there but they never fully turn on each other. Sometimes I think RAW would be better if they locked the writers in a room and made them watch NITRO from 1995-mid 1998 (stop at the NITRO where Goldberg pins Hogan) Have Goldust, Regal, Kane and Hunter sit in the room and tell the writers which ideas sucked and which were good, why those ideas were good and bad and just steal all the good ideas.

• Like 6

I love the PPV previews where workers are interviewed and talk about pending matches as if this were an actual sporting event where the outcome is unknown.  The predictions at the end about who they think will win always makes me smile.

4RG8Z3z.gif

VpRvp8H.gif

Luke Harper is your Wrestling Jesus and God bless Roman for blocking kicks with his face.  He is not afraid to die for the sake of good camera angles and replay value.

• Like 1

Maybe it's me, but that's a good look for Ziggler. He should stick with the jeans and Chucks.

He should stick with the superkick too.

Zig has no moves that set up either of his sig finishes and both the Zig Zag and the Blonde Ambition are a flash finishers that are pretty situational, so letting him keep his baby face spot offense and use a flash finish that hits out of nowhere is really smart.

I'm sad people beat me to the Jon Stewart/Green Lantern jokes.  As a Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams fan, I'd mark out for a John Stewart/Stephen Amell teamup.

I like Dolph more than most people, but pairing him with Lana is generating "turn off the tv" heat with me.  Actually, anything involving Lana anymore is a chore to sit through.  It would have been hilarious if they gave her the diva megapush over Charlotte/Sasha/Becky/etc.  Not sure the rumored Eva Marie push will be an improvement.

Becky's orange troll-doll hair is.... something.

It struck me odd that "Cool for the Summer" would be used during HHH and Steph's show opening segment where they announce the Summerslam matches. I like the song a lot and think it's a good jam, but, uh, what the song is about couldn't be further from WWE...Unless they're acting like "take me down to your paradise" refers to going to where the Barkley Center is at...

• Like 1

That Rollins promo was great.

There's no way they're squandering Cena's 16th run on a fucking Sheamus cash in.

A failed cash-in would be nice. I'd like to see Orton-Sheamus with no titles on the line going on forever. In fast-forward. As I skip to the next segment.

• Like 1