DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 17 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I'm still still still utterly lost as to why Sheamus was given the briefcase instead of Reigns..

Because the LAST thing Reigns needs during this year long redemption tour is to be carrying around something that LITERALLY is telling the crowd that the guy they rejected cause "he hasn't earned it yet" has a free ticket to an easy win.
  • Like 4

Kane with MITB would have been perfect.  Him holding the briefcase over The Authority's collective head and threatening Rollins at every turn would have been great.  It would have allowed to Kane to become face and break from The Authority and even get a decent run as a result.  I'd doubt he'd be successful with his cash-in, but it would have been fun to watch.

• Like 1

And goc with a SOAP joke.

And I'm not even old enough to have seen it when it was on TV. Been watching the first season lately though and making these as I go. Just waiting for the opportunity to drop some choice Benson gifs.

• Like 2

Fun first two matches, especially Reigns/Harper delivering the goods. Definitely don't want to see Ambrose turn on Reigns ever, their partnership has been perfect and should always stick. Great performances from Becky and later Sasha. Pretty awesome to see Sasha beat the divas champ via submission in the main event of Raw. Cena's promo reminded me a lot of the one he cut on Punk leading up to Night of Champs 2012 which was one of my favorites of his, I liked this one as well. Could see a similar type of double pin finish too, that or now Triple H gets involved since the whole Flair thing was brought up. SummerSlam looks like a lot of good stuff with 10 matches for a change, surely one of them gets bumped to the preshow (probably the tag titles as usual). I wish they'd throw a random Liger match on just cause he's there. Love the build for Lesnar/Taker, some good video packages and interested to see how it plays out. Definitely don't see Undertaker winning after leaving Brock laying like that.

And I'm not even old enough to have seen it when it was on TV. Been watching the first season lately though and making these as I go. Just waiting for the opportunity to drop some choice Benson gifs.

You could make Soap gifs your schtick, sorta like how my schtick is to randomly reference NBA players from the 80's and early 90's. A good schtick can be the difference between being  John "Hot Rod" Williams or being John "Hot Plate" Williams, after all...

I await some crazy reaction mugging shots of Bert.

I cringed when Rollins called Bryan a "cripple". I bet they weren't happy with that.

Jon Stewart hosting SummerSlam at least makes a 4 hour show a little more bearable. They're loading this card the fuck down, which is nice to see for their second biggest show of the year. In years past, it seemed like only the top 2 or 3 matches got decent build and hype, this year it's like the entire card is stacked and being advertised pretty well.

And how did no one mention that the main event (match) of RAW was a Divas match, between the current Divas champion and the NXT Womens champion? That's a pretty big leap forward from where we were a few months ago. But, it wasn't a good idea to do that when you're in Brock Lesnar's home state and his segment is after the womens match. I felt really bad for Sasha and Nikki, but it's too be expected.

I fully expect a "The Conqueror Marches On" shirt in the next few days.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's intentional. Well, I mean, I don't view him as a "pussy bitch" anyway - just an old fighter who's trying to take his legacy back and will resort to cheap shots to take down the man that's been booked like he's an unstoppable machine.

WWE did a great job of making Undertaker out to be an old man pussy bitch who has to resort to diversions and cheap shot low blows to get over on someone.

This is known in wrestling lingo as "a heel."

• Like 7

Wah wah John Cena buried Seth!

Yeah, the same Seth Rollins who has been booked as a paper Champion/non entity/second banana for months. I'm sure Cena cutting an impassioned promo buried the guy. He'll never get back to the level of being a prop used to set up Taker/Brock 2. Mean old John Cena buried him and took a big steaming shit on his career. What a fucking tool!

• Like 5

"Ric Flair was never Triple H's bitch.

But at SummerSlam, I'm gonna make you mine."

Man, that was Cena's best "drop the mic" line since "Oh, I'm sorry, carry on. Continue trending" on the night he left Rock stuttering and stammering.

I really enjoy Cena in that mode as a promo guy, but it definitely isn't productive when it's more or less true and the guy he's destroying really isn't over. Seth isn't all that over, and Cena just left him for dead.

• Like 1