DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 17 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Hey, a crowd finally reacted to Taker as a heel.  

And damn, John put Seth over his knee with that promo.  Damn.

Oh, and Xavier Woods is now my favorite wrestler ever.

"SHOWTIME SYNERGY!"

If I had one wrestling wish it would be that Dolph Ziggler gets "No one missed you" chants at SummerSlam. It's the only thing that could make up for him beating Rusev (which I think is kind of inevitable unfortunately)

• Like 2

I will lmao if Brock loses after getting punked out in his hometown. I still can't wrap my head around having Brock get laid out in his hometown. I think they just hate anyone who's over at this point.

I thought Nikki was supposed to be good she was the drizzling shits that match, and no where even close to being in Sasha's league. Reigns/Harper was fucking awesome, and Reigns should be in one of the main events at Summerslam.

I didn't watch any of the Cena/Rollins stuff it just doesn't interest me, and Rollins with a mic is instant channel change. Cesaro is getting way over, and his match is the one I'm looking forward to most at the ppv.

• Like 1

Well Brock ain't gonna lose clean...either he wins or Taker pulls an "Austin at WMXVII" and beats him to death with a chair or something...if they go with the latter I'm thinking they're long-term setting up a rubber match at Mania next year so Taker can have a Mulligan on the half-out-of-it match from last year...

And yeah Fowler, I've been getting the "Ambrose turns" vibe too...

Oh, and Paul Heyman's singing?  Off-key, but GLORIOUS.

Yeah, either Reigns or Ambrose is turning and soon.  Ambrose makes sense in that if he turns, he automatically becomes the #2 heel in the company with room to move up when Rollins drops the belt.  They can then parlay Reigns becoming a semi-tweener lone wolf with Sting as his mentor (gotta use him somewhere, and this is as good of a place as any).

How anyone can see Lana/Zigglypuff as faces is beyond me.  Ru Ru and Rae Rae are killing in the sympathy department for me.  And that flag, tho.

• Like 1

I'm not sure Ambrose turning on Reigns will be a good thing if the goal is still to get the crowd fully behind Reigns.

With how poorly they've booked Seth, I'd rather see them reunite the Shield. It's probably the only way to salvage Seth at this point.  It's certainly not to move him into a feud with Triple H based on Seth sucking and costing Ric Flair his record.

Regins continues to improve, though Harper has a tendency to bring out the best in people.

Tamina seems to have gotten a bit better, or maybe it was just working with Becky.  The Diva Gang Wafare is good in that it provides for a ton of potentially good matches, though I'm curious to see which team implodes first and how they handle it from there.

Did they mute the crowd noise as Cena was getting into the ring or did it just sound that way?  Cena should just record one promo and play it every week, they're so repetative.  I get that most guys have schticks they stick to, but his is just beyond bland.  Someone else put up the theory that Cena is going to get the title back, then loose it when Sheamus cashes in shortly therafter and go on to win it back from Sheamus at Mania.  That's such an incredibly bad scenario that it might just happen.

What's the over/under on Enzo & Cass debuting the night after Summerslam?  Their back and forth promos with New Day are going to be tremendous.

Someone else put up the theory that Cena is going to get the title back, then loose it when Sheamus cashes in shortly therafter and go on to win it back from Sheamus at Mania.  That's such an incredibly bad scenario that it might just happen.

I suspect Sheamus will cash in regardless of who wins so they avoid a double champ scenario but I don't see him holding the belt all the way until Mania.

Oh, and Paul Heyman's singing?  Off-key, but GLORIOUS.

Yeah, either Reigns or Ambrose is turning and soon.  Ambrose makes sense in that if he turns, he automatically becomes the #2 heel in the company with room to move up when Rollins drops the belt.  They can then parlay Reigns becoming a semi-tweener lone wolf with Sting as his mentor (gotta use him somewhere, and this is as good of a place as any).

How anyone can see Lana/Zigglypuff as faces is beyond me.  Ru Ru and Rae Rae are killing in the sympathy department for me.  And that flag, tho.

Rusev looked really uncomfortable even hinting at threatening Lana. Lana stood there watching for Dolph's music to hit. 

I don't understand why they are trying to kill them both off, With Rusev, it turned out he was good at being a stooging heel.

I'm still still still utterly lost as to why Sheamus was given the briefcase instead of Reigns. Or anyone else in the match up to and including Kane.

It really was the worst scenario possible, only Ziggler getting it could be argued as possibly worse.  Reigns, Kane, and Orton would have been logical and could push the story.  Kofi freebirding the briefcase with New Day would have entertaining.  Giving it to Neville wouldn't have made a lot of sense but I wouldn't have been opposed to it.  Sheamus loses the IC Elimination Chamber match and two weeks later, wins MITB.  Terrible booking.

The only thing I can muster is that with Reigns being a babyface, they don't want his first WHC reign to come from being Mr. MITB, but rather, by earning a shot and winning it the old-fashioned way.

I know its wrong, but I sort enjoyed Cena killing Rollins dead.

I hope people are wrong about the Ambrose turning vibe. I'm hoping more for new members of the Wyatt family to debut and cost Ambrose and & Reigns the match.

• Like 1

I'm still still still utterly lost as to why Sheamus was given the briefcase instead of Reigns. Or anyone else in the match up to and including Kane.

I know everyone would have fucking hated it but I actually wanted Kane to win more than anyone, even Reigns who I really like. I thought it would have added a fun dynamic to the Kane/Seth stuff that they did for MONTHS and probably will never even be properly blown off now.

Super-fun show tonight. It wasn't an amazing night of wrestling, but it was effective at building up the big matches...except for Cena-Seth. I don't care all that much about it, but I should - and they've hurt it by making Cena a cocky asshole before the match. Seth is hurt by wanting to win to please Mom and Dad. BROCK'S HOMECOMING RULED! We got Heyman singing and some amazing Brock faces from this whole deal. 

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/raw-8-17-15.html

Screens - 

f0a774429737962.jpg 

88b0d5429738154.jpg 

b623d3429738486.jpg 

Best Brock faces ever

0dcc56429738669.jpg 

5b3717429738678.jpg

064a9c429738687.jpg

ac95f8429737015.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ft0lmswheep3pe8ziqrbn8hf0358hkuw

• Like 1

Even Ziggler would have been better on the dumps grounds that he's over.

I like Sheamus. Quite a bit in fact. But crowds just so palpably don't give a single shit about him. Reigns was a really obvious choice. Kane at least had great storyline potential. Ziggler and Neville were over to some extent. But Sheamus... There was nothing there.

I know everyone would have fucking hated it but I actually wanted Kane to win more than anyone, even Reigns who I really like. I thought it would have added a fun dynamic to the Kane/Seth stuff that they did for MONTHS and probably will never even be properly blown off now.

I always want Kane to win.

• Like 1