DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

Brother buys pizza for an entire wrestling crowd. Fans in said crowd bitch about it. I fucking hate modern wrestling fans.

It's Max Landis we're talking about. And he bought Domino's. #NaturalHeel

• Like 1

Looks like even more Zahra stuff has been dug up. She's certainly a special girl...

There's some belief that all this is just the tip of the iceberg.  Some suggest that she said some crazy shit last year and she's been on a delete spree.  It's too late for that.  Everything has been screen-capped and saved and awaiting email delivery to major news outlets first thing tomorrow.

Her being a nobody is what saved her at first.  Who cared that the 12th chick on the NXT roster was a hag?  She wasn't even wrestling. No one could even spell her name correctly.  But once she sat next to Rollins at Takeover, along with making her in-ring debut with Crowe, everything hit the fan. Folks remembered she was the other woman in Rollins' previous relationship and now he's dating this neo-Aryan.  Yeah, the blowback was always a matter of not if, but when.

She was posting pics of Nazi artwork she had in her house.  She thought a Hitler-styled My Little Pony drawing was cute. She's ragged on Blacks, Jews, the gay/trans community, other women, fat people, the differently abled, skinny women with weird tattoos and implants (that's some irony for you) and The Princess and the Frog because it gave Disney a Black royal character. 

Say it with me:  she's got 100 problems and being a racist bitch is just one.

• Like 3

Vince Russo has posted a new blog entry discussing WWE’s booking of Bray Wyatt. Here is what he had to say:

Listen, I’m not by any means implying that writing a weekly, three-hour wrestling show is an easy job, because it’s not. And, if there was anybody that would come up with excuses to protect those thankless, faceless, poor slobs—it would be me. However, when they come across as blatantly inept as they do at times—there are just no excuses. When it’s clear cut that a talent is being stymied by the writers, and not their natural ability—then something needs to be done. What I’m saying is this ;

IF YOU’RE A WRITER FOR THE WWE AND YOU HAVE NOTHING FOR BRAY WYATT . . .THEN YOU SHOULDN’T BE A WRITER FOR THE WWE.

There are no excuses here, folks. Bray Wyatt is far and away the most gifted talent that has commanded a wrestling ring since the days of the Attitude Era, and WWE Creative have failed him miserably. That includes Vince, Triple H, Stephanie McMahon and anybody else who has had anything to do with the growth of his career. The very first time I ever saw Bray Wyatt walk to the ring, with that mesmerizing music, and that brilliant entrance—I knew this guy was absolutely unique. He was special . . . there was nobody else like him. Having worked with him for many years, there’s no way that you couldn’t compare him to Taker. The only thing that was missing was that physical presence, and that was clearly replaced by a personality and a look that was created by a genius . . . Bray Wyatt.

The night that Bray surprised Chris Jericho upon his return to the WWE, which now seems like decades ago, I thought that this unique icon was well on his way to becoming a cornerstone in the Fed for years to come. It was all there, right in their grubby, little hands, all they had to do was dot the Is and cross the Ts. Whatever you gave this guy was going to be gold. But, who would have thought for a second that the brain trust leading WWE Creative would have dotted the Ts and crossed the Is instead. In what seemed impossible to do . . . they failed Bray Wyatt miserably.

• Like 1

Vince Russo has posted a new blog entry discussing WWE’s booking of Bray Wyatt. Here is what he had to say:

Good Lord, can you imagine the stuff Russo would have Wyatt doing if he were writing the show.  Think Vampiro in WCW but worse...  It would be glorious.  Just week after week of Wyatt kidnapping people, leaving them in the swamp, brainwashing people, new Wyatts out the wazoo. 

I would have made a case that Bray should have beaten Taker at WM this year as well. Have it as part of the greater story that Brock Lesnar ending the streak took the mystique of The Undertaker. It would play into the current one of Taker being desperate to beat Brock. Sets up for the huge money rematch at WM 32 which probably will be Taker's farewell.

But creative is not totally to blame for this. The blame always lays at the feet of Vince McMahon. Its his creative direction that is the problem. If it came down to it, I'm pretty sure Vince doesn't understand Bray's character. Vince is only concerned with the right now. He's not looking 5-10 years down the line when a guy like Bray could be what Taker was around the peak of the Ministry days.

• Like 3

I can't be bothered to read it, because Russo, but I'm told he makes some good points.  Blind squirrel and all that.

I mean, I guess they were correct points, but he wasn't exactly breaking new ground here. It was "Bray Wyatt is awesome and WWE should be writing better stuff for him!" and everyone responded, "Well... yeah..."