DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Ahmad Brooks has officially been charged with sexual battery by Santa Clara County prosecutors

Have fun dancing around this Niners (the team, not the board poster)

It's almost as if there was a toxic spill in the bay area and it turned everyone into the folk from The Hills Have Eyes.

Ahmad Brooks has officially been charged with sexual battery by Santa Clara County prosecutors

It's almost as if there was a toxic spill in the bay area and it turned everyone into the folk from The Hills Have Eyes.

That would explain the Raiders fans. . . 

• Like 4

Against the same woman that Ray McDonald is accused of raping.

On the same day he's been accused of raping her.

The woman said she slipped and fell on a pool deck at McDonald's house in December 2014 and continued to fall after that due to her initial head injury and alcohol consumption. McDonald initially thought she was dead but did not call 911, telling others he didn't want a dead female found on his property, according to the suit.

At some point, Brooks groped her before McDonald carried her upstairs to his bedroom and sexually assaulted her, the lawsuit claimed.

Roger will hunker down and expand it to a full season suspension to show him who's boss. He will then be sued into oblivion by the NFLPA and lose millions.

I'm 90% sure the court is going to end up throwing out Brady/NFLPA's suit and the suspension will stand.  

Both sides have been exceptional shitheads, but I just can't see the Feds sticking their nose into a dispute between a union and a private business that does not have a compelling national interest (aviation, cars, trains).

• Like 1

I loved the quote from a judge(?) the other day that Roger Goodell seems "completely unaware" there's a collective bargaining agreement with the NFLPA.

At this point I just want this nonsense to end. Just stop, we have RG III, Jordy Nelson's knee, and the prospect of a semi competitive Raiders/49ers game to sustain us.

Both sides have been exceptional shitheads, but I just can't see the Feds sticking their nose into a dispute between a union and a private business that does not have a compelling national interest (aviation, cars, trains).

Don't underestimate the feds' desire to be on TV, rub elbows with famous jocks, and feign outrage and concern.  Ballplayers sticking needles in their asses in order to hit a ball farther was not some earth-shattering national interest issue, either, but we still had hearings (live on TV!).

• Like 1