DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

The Overweight Lover

I misread "Harley Lewis" as "Huey Lewis" and was briefly fascinated.

Heavy D vs. Huey Lewis, with The Gang and The News banned from ringside?

It was Heavy D and the Boyz. Unfortunately, this dream match will never come to pass. Heavy D passed away in 2011. 

Taker's been dead longer than that. Heavy D needs to find his passion for this industry.

• Like 1

I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but according to Meltzer, Tyson Kidd should have had about a 5% chance of surviving his accident and of those 5% that would have survived, they should have wound up like Christopher Reeves.

It's amazing TJ didn't suffer either of those fates. Very happy for him.

I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but according to Meltzer, Tyson Kidd should have had about a 5% chance of surviving his accident and of those 5% that would have survived, they should have wound up like Christopher Reeves.

It's amazing TJ didn't suffer either of those fates. Very happy for him.

Didnt that 5% number originally come from the tweet TJ sent out along with his x-ray?

Per his Facebook, Davey Richards just passed his med school exams and is probably on his way to eventually becoming a doctor.

A steel Davey Richards may someday be used to save a life.

Good for him,  He can now pronounce TNA dead.

• Like 8

Per his Facebook, Davey Richards just passed his med school exams and is probably on his way to eventually becoming a doctor.

A steel Davey Richards may someday be used to save a life.

Something tells me he won't have patience for his patients who dwell on their injuries.

"Stop selling, it's time for the come back already!"

• Like 5

Apparently, no one, including the promoter or any of the people on the card who know ADR (and there are a couple LU guys here), have been able to reach him all day. So I hope it's nothing serious.

Just to further this out, no one's heard from him today either. This story is starting to make the rounds on the wrestling sites I read. So what's going to be his excuse for missing the show and not calling anyone to tell him he can't do it. He's flaked out on shows before but, from what I can tell, he's at least called the promoter and let him know he wasn't gonna be at the show.

I feel since his TNA run that I've softened to Davey Richards. The Wolves have been good without being shoved done your throat and still seem like kind of a big deal. Which for TNA to achieve is probably more by accident than design.

I kind of like Davey Richards, there I said it.

• Like 2