DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Soooooo......a TNA star people give a kinda sorta shit about wins the title, only for some wacky internet thing to occur and he has to vacate it two days later?  And the supposed new winner is a guy that's hardly if ever used?

As noted many times in Botchamania, JEEEEEEZUUSSSS!!!!!!  What in the fuck are they smoking coming up with this shit?

Thank goodness for Takeover being two hours, I'm so glad I'll be missing this (not bothering with second hour either)

Looks like the big Team Challenge Series taped with all those matches is going to be used now as the World Title Series starting tonight. This isn't the Gunner/Bram tournament as this never had a conclusion to it , the matches just kept going. Assuming it will carry through the next 2-3 months.

Looks like Impact will be nothing but random tournament matches for the foreseeable future.

"The World Title Series will feature a format very similar to soccer’s World Cup, with thirty-two members of the IMPACT WRESTLING roster competing for the TNA World Championship. The wrestlers will be divided into eight groups to begin round-robin group play. Winners receive three points, a draw receives one point and a loss earns zero points. The top two point-getters from each group will advance to the field of 16 and a single elimination tournament where the competitor who wins advances and the loser goes home. The ultimate winner of the World Title Series will have survived the most grueling test in the history of wrestling and will be crowned the true and undisputed TNA World Champion. "

And, apparently, one of the tournament groups will feature the knockouts...

The idea of finding 32 people to begin with in this company is a joke.  One of the guys they have announced is Kenny King who is now working ROH unless he has screwed them over AGAIN and left the company

Does anyone know if Jake the Milkman Milliman is alive?

I hope they re-use matches that already aired on Impact and just hope that no one notices.

Even more TNA-like would be if they used old matches with AJ, Joe, Daniels, and so on.

Is there any wrestling that is now public domain, maybe the old Wrestling Gold stuff?  Dixie passing off Jerry Lawler vs Bob Sweetan as a tournament match would be amazing.

• Like 1

Apparently there is a group of just Knockouts in the series.  I hope that Colonel Debeers is the captain of that group.  Although there could be issues with Awesome Kong

Now I know what this deal reminds me of!  The WCW World title tourney in '99 that had Madusa wrestling twice in the first round.

"The following 72 hours has seen our company in chaos.."

Try the last 72,000 hours of our programming has been chaos.

The World Title Series, aka What a Fucking Mess.

"I was ready to fight this, at all costs."

In other words: The rest of the Orbitz gum!

The brand new poster for the UK tour/TV tapings:

tU1xt8U.jpg

I like how Kurt Angle, whose TNA deal expires at the end of this year and who has publicly said he's not signing a new deal, is not only being advertised for the tour but is also front and center on the poster.

EDIT - And now Angle himself has confirmed he is indeed working the UK tour. Oh well.