DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 6/4/15

victor

I still think this is an elaborate ruse and she'll turn on Ziggler to help Rusev...at some point...  yeah, i'll see myself to the I'm a fool thread.

I don't know....if wrestling has taught us anything it is don't trust the Russians!!!

especially fake Russians

Liked Reigns vs. Sheamus.  Simple psychology of Sheamus attacking the ribs that were injured on Raw.  Like how Reigns is coming up with variations on the dropkick from the floor.  Glad Sheamus' character has been freshened up a bit.

Kane in MITB is a simple but effective storyline:  Would he simply be holding the case so no one can cash in on Rollins...or so he can use it himself?

Watching Owens on my TV without popping in a DVD is pretty surreal. Good promo. I was looking forward to him murdering Ryder but... it just wasn't enough. Maybe two cannonballs before the second powerbomb? It was fun watching Ryder blink all rapid-fire after the first powerbomb though. As Deep Purple once sang, "lay down, stay doooooown..."

I also dug the Sheamus/Reigns potatofest. Both guys were laying it in as they are wont to do and Reigns sold the ribs the whole match. Too bad they fucked us with the finish. 

EDIT: Also, "STUPID WOMAN COW!"

• Like 1

I'm kinda reminded of when Tully lost the TV title and Baby Doll to Dusty at the first Bash in 85. They ran an angle where Tully was despondent , depressed, and doubting himself. His career was in the shitter. And then he eventually bounces back and takes the U.S. Belt from Magnum and gets his woman back.

• Like 1

They could also play the Kane/MITB angle as, should he win, he sells the briefcase to the highest bidder and retires from The Authority/middle management. Which leaves Rollins very vulnerable.

I'm loving Rusev, but that 'stupid woman cow' remark made me cringe.

My line of the night: "I'M GONNA MAKE GRAVITY REMEMBER YOU, NEVILLE!"  Someone crown Xavier Woods.

• Like 1

I'm kinda reminded of when Tully lost the TV title and Baby Doll to Dusty at the first Bash in 85. They ran an angle where Tully was despondent , depressed, and doubting himself. His career was in the shitter. And then he eventually bounces back and takes the U.S. Belt from Magnum and gets his woman back.

That was because Baby Doll came back. Iirc, she was dressed as security/cop and distracted Magnum and allow tully to win (i think by throwing a fireball).

That is to say, she did not come back bc he won the belt. She came back to help him win the belt. Not to mention steal poor floyd.

http://youtu.be/RqSY7bwhIFE

http://youtu.be/8lg7p-0xAIU

Oh I know, bro. That entire story arc is my favorite bit of long term storytelling that eventually led to the greatest match of all time, the I Quit match. When I tell people that that match is my favorite ever, that includes the entire story that lasted basically a year.

This Rusev/Lana stuff is awesome. "Be my crutch!" "America is all about second chances!" "YOU STUPID WOMAN COW!" A true love story of our time.

The man is in love.  He lashes out because he is in pain.  Let him express himself.

My line of the night: "I'M GONNA MAKE GRAVITY REMEMBER YOU, NEVILLE!"  Someone crown Xavier Woods.

Xavier Woods has a new profession as a promo coach.  One of his clients must be Seth Rollins.

That was because Baby Doll came back. Iirc, she was dressed as security/cop and distracted Magnum and allow tully to win (i think by throwing a fireball).

She handed him a roll of quarters and Tully used it to knock Magnum out.

Pretty fun show this week. Miz TV fucking ruled.

Rusev - "Your favorite American song, Until It's Gone, You Don't Know What You Got Until It's Gone".

Lana - "I'll show you where to put your crutch!"

Rusev - "YOU STUPID WOMAN COW! YOU STUPID! YOU PATHETIC STUPID!"

So basically, these two need to be kept around on-air forever because they're fantastic. The Seth-Dean intro would've been so much better suited on Raw - might've made a star in Serious Seth. Oh well - they don't care to maximize their talent.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/06/wwe-sd-6-4-15.html

Screens -

2a031b413787012.jpg

47a433413787067.jpg

87284e413787223.jpg

7c8d2d413787219.jpg

a0a851413787237.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/wprcqkjaip0voye536wapfcq94kxz5rw

Absolutely loved the opening segment with Seth and Dean.  For a show that's only two weeks away from EC, I'm looking forward to their ladder match.  Only thing I didn't like was the extreme closeup of Dean.  And that's only because my wife absolutely adores him and it prompted her to tell me so for a while.  At least I know what to be for Halloween.

It's amazing how great New Day are in their promos.  Not sure what that arm movement they did was all about, but I laughed like a hyena at that.  While I like the Prime Time Players, I think Titus is maybe a bit out of control and last night seemed awfully dangerous.  The bit where he flung Kalisto(?) at Connor was cringe-worthy.  And Roman/Sheamus was a fun match, but I'm beyond tired of DQ finishes.  I just mentally check out immediately and it has to take something awesome to get me back into it.  And yes, Rusev ruled, really enjoyed his performance.

Absolutely loved the opening segment with Seth and Dean.  For a show that's only two weeks away from EC, I'm looking forward to their ladder match.  Only thing I didn't like was the extreme closeup of Dean.  And that's only because my wife absolutely adores him and it prompted her to tell me so for a while.  At least I know what to be for Halloween.

It's amazing how great New Day are in their promos.  Not sure what that arm movement they did was all about, but I laughed like a hyena at that.  While I like the Prime Time Players, I think Titus is maybe a bit out of control and last night seemed awfully dangerous.  The bit where he flung Kalisto(?) at Connor was cringe-worthy.  And Roman/Sheamus was a fun match, but I'm beyond tired of DQ finishes.  I just mentally check out immediately and it has to take something awesome to get me back into it.  And yes, Rusev ruled, really enjoyed his performance.

And possibly Valentine's Day as well?