DVDVR Message Board

NXT UNSTOPPABLE

RIPPA

I felt for Joe tonight somewhat similarly to the WMXXX win for Bryan. Sure, it's a much, much smaller scale, but like Bryan (and Punk before him) it's a guy I've watched work in my hometown for a couple hundred people. I don't care who you are, where youre from, what's your age-- that's as close as you can get to legitimate emotion in pro wrestling as a grown man, and it was as real as it gets.

As someone who was there and on the bandwagon since Joe's first-ever match, I was grinning ear-to-ear when the Godzilla music hit.

Seriously though, this might sound weird, but Sasha Banks has gotten to that point were I forget she's a very attractive woman. It's a secondary deal. She's an all world wrestler I would pay money to see, and she's amazing and I want to see her wrestle matches against just about anyone. Possibly the best female wrestler in the world right now. Hell, I think she's the best wrestler in NXT right now.

• Like 1

The shitty announcers continue to try their best to ruin the show.

There were several times where they talked over what was supposed to be key points on the show (like Regal threatening to take away the match against Cena)

And did I miss any sort of tease for that Alexa Bliss heel turn or did they just decide "Eh... what the hell?"

They have been building it slightly if you watch the TV show

1.  Most of Carmella's matches are against Bliss

2.  When Carmella turned down Blake and Murphy, Bliss went up to her and said she needed to show some class

3.  Blake & Murphy costing Carmella a match against Bliss

The only thing I didn't like about Joe return is that entrance music.  Hopefully he gets a new one quickly

I was fine with the TNA knockoff theme (for now). And it worked because not EVERYONE in the crowd picked up that it was the 3/5 version of his TNA theme, but enough did. 

Did anyone besides me notice that the fucking MOUNTAIN from Game of Thrones was sitting beside Stephanie during the show? Is he going to NXT?

I tweeted at Triple H to #SignTheMountain.

I had no idea who that guy was but I imagine when Vince sees him he'll mandate Hunter sign him after enacting a live version of that wonderful gif.

His name is Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson and is one of the legit top 3 strongmen in the world and appears in Game of Thrones

article-0-1E791C7600000578-935_634x393.j

Can you imagine if they team him with that Dylan guy with the huge hands.    :o

There's Sasha Banks then there's everybody else. Great breakout performances from Becky as well in the easy motn. Loved Breeze's entrance and him and Balor had a real solid opener. Charlotte and Emma looked great in the tag. I guess that was the best Cass and Enzo match yet. They both seem to be getting better. I liked the heavyweight slugfest between Corbin and Rhyno. I'm starting to come around on Corbin and see his potential.

Owens and Zayn were well on their way to a motyc before the angle kicked in. I loved Sami's run of offense and Owens' bumping. Joe may have got the biggest pop in NXT history. Joe/Owens is going to be a big deal. Seriously though Sasha fucking Banks.

At this point, NXT is pretty much the best-case-scenario version of ROH. Just go back a few years and imagine that ROH's national TV deal and iPPV plan had been a raging success, they upped their production values tenfold, and by 2015 were running with a roster featuring Samoa Joe, Prince Devitt, KENTA, Kevin Steen, and El Generico on top.

• Like 3

Did anyone besides me notice that the fucking MOUNTAIN from Game of Thrones was sitting beside Stephanie during the show? Is he going to NXT?

MOUNTAIN and Owens vs Joe and The Hound

• Like 2

Loved tonight's show. Thought every match was at least fun. Enzo & Cass looked the best they have yet. As did Corbin who had a nice little match with Rhyno. Sasha vs. Becky was fantastic, definitely one of the best matches in WWE this year. Was good seeing Becky get the standing ovation. Loved Zayn/Owens and the Joe debut.

• Like 1

What else needs to be said about Sasha Banks, she's probably the most complete wrestler in the WWE in terms of character & wrestling ability.  Little things like holding her hurt arm while doing her through the rope dive.  You can tell that Sasha's influenced by her favorite wrestler, Eddie Guerrero.

The Boss is incredible.  I love Sasha Banks, and for once it is not because I want her to have my babies. 

Owens vs. Zayn was great while it lasted, but Joe's debut made up for the lack of an ending. 

The tag title match could have been something with a better finish, Enzo actually looked competent.

Rhyno was really good against Corbin, and he can be really valuable as the credible veteran to put over the young guys.

Breeze vs. Balor was all types of fun.  The entrances were great, and Tyler Breeze never seems to be in a bad match.  Balor may have the best entrance music in the company right now, especially when you take into account the character and the special entrances. 

The Divas tag was OK, but there is something about Charlotte that doesn't click with me.  I think she is good, but something about her work doesn't appeal to me at all.  I don't know if it her length makes everything she does look awkward, or if she lacks charisma, but something about her takes me out of her matches.

I loved this show, and NXT always delivers.