DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Other things I've heard, and take your grains of salt on this, were that Steiner was pissed off because Kim Page had claimed to find drugs belonging to Tammy Sytch. Also, supposedly Page told others he was planning on confronting Steiner, and asked them to break it up.

Other things I've heard, and take your grains of salt on this, were that Steiner was pissed off because Kim Page had claimed to find drugs belonging to Tammy Sytch. Also, supposedly Page told others he was planning on confronting Steiner, and asked them to break it up.

Yup.  I remember those rumors.  Man, Tammy was a magnet for drama.

http://meredithvieirashow.com/videos/lunch-box-hero-a-wwe-surprise/

2 notes.

1. That hug was just a few seconds too long.

2. Someone needs to get Neville a stylist.

Yeah probably. Nevertheless, it was great to see that kid's face light up like that. Its nice to see that wrestling can still be that important to someone.

Vince Russo an out of touch old man had this to say about Sami Zayn....

Everybody is running to the defense of the WWE, claiming that RAW was a great show on Monday night. WHY was it great in their opinion? Simply because an NXT wrestler that they all mark out for, Sami Zayn, made his surprise appearance on the WWE's premiere show. I can only imagine when Sami got introduced by Bret Hart and came out as a surprise through the RAW entrance—to the Internet Wrestling Community is was the equivalent of Jesus himself showing up unannounced at the Sea of Galilee. But to the casual wrestling fan—nobody cared—to them this was a jobber and nothing more–so they indeed turned back to hoops. RAW is a television show and Sami Zayn is NOT a television star—nor—will he be anytime soon. Sami is an exceptional wrestler on a wrestling show, and the only people who care about him are those die hard wrestling fans who are looking for 5-star matches that the massive don't give a !@#$% about.

• Like 1

Zayn is more handsome than Bryan? Sure, I'm a straight male, so I could be totally off-base in my perception of this, but neither guy is actually particularly handsome unless you're a hipster millennial in Portland or Seattle or Austin or somewhere like that, which actually I might argue is sort of the ideal for a lot of the wrestling nerds who might qualify under that banner. The Venn diagram that captures hardcore wrestling fans and people who are into other stuff that people broadly label as "hipster" probably has quite a sizable section of overlap, actually..

Roman Reigns, definitely a good-looking dude. Cena's got the Captain America look, I get that. Zayn and Bryan look more like the best looking guys at the local fair-trade coffee shop, maybe, but I can't imagine that Vince would look at Zayn as any more handsome than Bryan.

The only chance Zayn has to be a consistent main-event guy (and he'll NEEEEEVER be face of the WWE with his looks and physique, even if HHH is running shit) is for HHH to actually be running shit. Zayn is Bryan, part deux. Roman Reigns is headed for being John Cena, part deux, which actually is a pretty good gig.

One way to settle this: the return of the Handsome Gents tournament!

In wrestling, handsome = height + upper body/white teeth + tan. You don't need all of the attributes, so long as you've got others to add weight to the formula. So Zayn's got Bryan, if only Bryan, by a bit. Bryan could probably get laid faster IRL, though.

Feel free to refine this formula, preferably in the Handsome Gents tourney, as I made it up just now drinking a beer in my backyard. But it's why you hear stuff like how some rat like Neville is a "good lookin' kid" while Punk's massive chick magnetism was never referenced.

Everybody is running to the defense of the WWE, claiming that RAW was a great show on Monday night. WHY was it great in their opinion? Simply because an NXT wrestler that they all mark out for, Sami Zayn, made his surprise appearance on the WWE's premiere show. I can only imagine when Sami got introduced by Bret Hart and came out as a surprise through the RAW entrance—to the Internet Wrestling Community is was the equivalent of Jesus himself showing up unannounced at the Sea of Galilee. But to the casual wrestling fan—nobody cared—to them this was a jobber and nothing more–so they indeed turned back to hoops. RAW is a television show and Sami Zayn is NOT a television star—nor—will he be anytime soon. Sami is an exceptional wrestler on a wrestling show, and the only people who care about him are those die hard wrestling fans who are looking for 5-star matches that the massive don't give a !@#$% about.

Hardcore wrestling fans = WWE's paying customers

I am PLENTY massive, and I give a shit about Sami Zayn.

Also the one constant in Vince Russo's life is that whether he's writing a Raw segment or a tweet, he needs a fucking editor almost as badly as he needs a smack upside the head.

Holy shit... MORELOCK IS VINCE RUSSO.

We're through the looking glass here, people. 

• Like 5

Vince probably has like 20 years left in the tank. He won't retire so much as die suddenly.

Sami's gonna be like Bryan all over again, only without the injuries catching up. It's going to be glorious.

Vince's mother is still alive at 95 so there is a history of longevity in the family. 

Does Vince's mom have a history of cocaine and steroid use, as well as a severe energy drink addiction?

Vince probably has like 20 years left in the tank. He won't retire so much as die suddenly.

Sami's gonna be like Bryan all over again, only without the injuries catching up. It's going to be glorious.

Vince's mother is still alive at 95 so there is a history of longevity in the family. 

Does Vince's mom have a history of cocaine and steroid use, as well as a severe energy drink addiction?

I believe long life is a crap shoot.

Holy shit... MORELOCK IS VINCE RUSSO.

We're through the looking glass here, people. 

Morlocks are responsible for all the works in The Time Machine.  IT'S BEEN STARING US IN THE FACE ALL THIS TIME!

I was surprised Michael Cole is in NXT production meetings. Same with J.R. And same with Paul Heyman in that "Triple H meets the new talent" meeting.

It was right before Takeover. Heyman was on the panel and working backstage with guys.

I posted this in response  on Russo's blog. 

"This blog is disingenuous flamebait.

For someone who’s worked in the business for 20 years, you appear to not know how television ratings work in regards to professional wrestling. With your logic, Steve Austin doesn’t equal ratings because he didn’t pop a number in 1996.

You lived through this and should know better. There is no quick fix to ratings. It took a year of shows you worked on with quality improving week by week for Raw to unseat Nitro as the top show. It wasn’t that Raw suddenly became better. Raw had been better than Nitro for a year. It took that long for wrestling fans to catch up."

Then again, if Russo knew what drew, he'd have written something that'd done so in the last 17 years.

To be fair, he has a point about Sami Zayn not being a television star & a jobber to the casual fans...

And that's the entire reason that you put on him TV & make him a big deal, so that that perception changes. Debuting to a hot crowd, in his home town, to a big ovation -- introduced by Bret Hart & going toe-to-toe with 15-time World Champion John Cena, all while having an impressive showing & several big spots, is a pretty damn good introduction.

I think Zayn is going to be a huge star. That debut was nothing but a positive. Russo is a shit-stirring moron.