DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

If I'm a WWE guy that probably gets the magazine for free, I'd probably at least give it a look while taking a dumpski

Do you not have an iPhone?

I got a lot use out of WWF magazine circa 1992. 11 year old me love the pictorials of Sherri when she was managing Shawn Michaels.

IT's amazing that Scott played the sane brother of the team, and Rick was the one who was a little out there.  Turns out in real life it was the complete opposite.  I wish Scotty would write a book.  I also wish someone could pinpoint the exact moment where he lost his fucking mind.  I might start a Kickstarter so I could film a documentary on Scott Steiner.  

It use to be Rick was the crazy one, but he mellowed over the years and Scott discovered steroids.

• Like 1

IT's amazing that Scott played the sane brother of the team, and Rick was the one who was a little out there. Turns out in real life it was the complete opposite. I wish Scotty would write a book. I also wish someone could pinpoint the exact moment where he lost his fucking mind. I might start a Kickstarter so I could film a documentary on Scott Steiner.

It use to be Rick was the crazy one, but he mellowed over the years and Scott discovered steroids.

It seems like it was around the time Steiner starting cosplaying as Superstar Billy Graham that he lost his mind. For all we know, he's always been fucking insane, but just did a better job of hiding when he was younger.

Watching Goodhelmet's WCW comp. At Souled Out 1998. Am I remembering correctly that The Giant actually didn't get injured by the Powerbomb and Nash actually did?

Show suffered a legit neck injury.  Nash might have been injured, but was able to wrestle on Nitro the next night and didn't miss any time.

I've heard rumors they had planned a worked injury angle, which became real.  Nash has discussed the injury a few times in his shoots.  He says he knew he couldn't lift the Giant but management insisted (probably true, but this would be Nash's version regardless).  He also says he felt something in his back start to tear as he was lifting the Giant, so he let go. 

Of course, Nash being Nash, he also says the Giant positioned his arms wrong, making the lift more difficult, then took the landing wrong, thereby contributing to the injury.

Kind of hard to get the landing right when someone drops you halfway through it.

Well he was able to do the Jacknife right at Superbrawl a year earlier. But The Giant was also probably 100 pounds lighter at the time. I think Nash said he ripped his muscles in his back doing the first jacknife.

What a weird time in wrestling. Nash, Big Show, Guerrero, Benoit & X-Pac vs Booker, Goldust, RVD, Spike Dudley & Bubba Ray.

Why was the NWO teaming with Guerrero & Benoit?

Somebody had to take the fall.

• Like 2

What a weird time in wrestling. Nash, Big Show, Guerrero, Benoit & X-Pac vs Booker, Goldust, RVD, Spike Dudley & Bubba Ray.

Why was the NWO teaming with Guerrero & Benoit?

Somebody had to take the fall.

Ok so that answers why Spike Dudley was there but why were Benoit and Guerrero teaming with the NWO?

• Like 2

So I was remembering a long time ago - I think they call it March - when the WWE was going to keep the main title off weekly tv and make the US and I-C Titles more important by giving them to their top babyfaces and pushing them prominently on TV every week.

Good times.  How did that all work out anyway?

• Like 1

That was people speculating on Lesnar retaining at Mania. Clearly it wouldn't have worked out too well though because Bryan can't yet be counted on to stay healthy.

Yet?  You say that like there's going to be some point in the future when they can count on him to stay healthy.