DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Meng is a tough motherfucker, built like a brick shithouse AND fights dirty.

I wouldn't fuck with him if he was in a wheelchair, and I'm not even slightly joking.

Vince Russo, probably thinking he isn't likeable enough on his own, decided to get the one podcast guest who everyone agrees is a ray of sunshine to brighten up that show: Bill DeMott.

And on that show, Bill had this to say:

"I always use the term it’s never the quarterback, it’s the coach. Millennials, I think right that’s what this generation is called the millennials. I think it’s in the whole world. So what I can say and what I will say is as a dad as you are, as I am, I try to figure that out to keep my children away from that entitlement.

I guess it’s old school that you get what you earn and you try to earn what you want. I think that’s all I am going to say about that because I think no matter what the case, Walmart, Publix, IBM, I always use IBM I don’t know why, I go to a lot of management seminars and that’s a lot of the conversation, the opening conversation: ‘What do we do when they don’t like that?’ And I want to walk out because I’m not going to learn anything if I’m still trying to figure out.

It’s tough, it’s going to be tough for whoever has to figure out what they want tomorrow.”

........what?

To me all of this Demott stuff boils down to the fact that Vince thought that f'n HUGH MORRUS should be training people. I know that you don't have to be a big name to be a good worker but can anyone actually think of more than 5-10 great matches that Hugh Morrus/Bill Demott was in? For as much crap as Billy Gunn got back in the day, I can see why you'd want a guy like that training younger guys b/c he knows how to structure a tag-team match. What qualifies Hugh Morrus to yell at anyone? Because he was the first guy to lose to Bill Goldberg? Because he once had a couple of decent matches with Lance Storm?

Well, while we're baiting legendary wrestling badasses, is there anyone else who kinda bristles at all those Haku/Meng "tough guy" stories about bitings and eye-gougings? I mean, he's not scary because hes' a toughy guy; he's scary because he's a brick shithouse who fights like a child.

Eff that. There are no rules in a bar fight. If biting off someone's nose is the difference b/t me going to the hospital b/c he's going to hit me with a bar stool or a bottle, I'm biting off his nose.

• Like 3

Well, even minus the Mengness, I don't make a habit of fucking with people in wheelchairs, but then I'm not from Michigan...

Touché.

Usually fear wouldn't be one of my reasons not to do so.

I can't even be bothered to pay attention to their matches, much less their tweets.

Superkick superkick high spot superkick superkick flippy move superkick. I think that's about it.

Meltzer driver

Vince Russo, probably thinking he isn't likeable enough on his own, decided to get the one podcast guest who everyone agrees is a ray of sunshine to brighten up that show: Bill DeMott.

And on that show, Bill had this to say:

"I always use the term it’s never the quarterback, it’s the coach. Millennials, I think right that’s what this generation is called the millennials. I think it’s in the whole world. So what I can say and what I will say is as a dad as you are, as I am, I try to figure that out to keep my children away from that entitlement.

I guess it’s old school that you get what you earn and you try to earn what you want. I think that’s all I am going to say about that because I think no matter what the case, Walmart, Publix, IBM, I always use IBM I don’t know why, I go to a lot of management seminars and that’s a lot of the conversation, the opening conversation: ‘What do we do when they don’t like that?’ And I want to walk out because I’m not going to learn anything if I’m still trying to figure out.

It’s tough, it’s going to be tough for whoever has to figure out what they want tomorrow.”

........what?

To me all of this Demott stuff boils down to the fact that Vince thought that f'n HUGH MORRUS should be training people. I know that you don't have to be a big name to be a good worker but can anyone actually think of more than 5-10 great matches that Hugh Morrus/Bill Demott was in? For as much crap as Billy Gunn got back in the day, I can see why you'd want a guy like that training younger guys b/c he knows how to structure a tag-team match. What qualifies Hugh Morrus to yell at anyone? Because he was the first guy to lose to Bill Goldberg? Because he once had a couple of decent matches with Lance Storm?

He was a good hand for years. Nothing great,but he had decent enough matches and never hurt anyone. 

Saying "When was he any good?" confuses the issue. His behavior would not be acceptable from Dean Malenko or Bobby Eaton. 

Oh god, it's the monthly "this is how tough Haku and Harley Race are" conversation.

Next up, how much do Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan like cocaine? Discuss

Try not to bring up Hogan without preparing for the page of discussion about how he embellishes things.

For example, did you guys know he once claimed to play bass for Metallica?

• Like 2

Meng's entire reputation is based off of hearsay from men that get paid to work others for a living. At least with a guy like Brock Lesnar, we've actually seen & witnessed what he can do, not just heard about it from third parties. Meng is also now 56-years-old & fat. Let it go.

• Like 1