DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

I think I'm the only one that thinks TOOL could have been a huge player in XPW. I loved him, personally. And Damien Steele. That dude was awesome, loved the Barbwire Steel Cage match with Big Dick Dudley at Hardcore Conception. I was always a big fan of the original XPW workers - an old favorite was Carlito Montana.

The first Bapitzed in Blood event is rough, but it's something I remember watching a lot when I was a teenager. Wow, that felt weird to say.

FWIW, the source is supposedly the Wrestling Observer, but I can't find that on the Wrestling Observer's website.

Also, Verne's funeral was covered in the local media in Minnesota, but no mention of this.

Isn't the night Nash tore his quad the same night of that infamous Jackie Gayda match?

Yep. Flair also had a match against Stevie Richards of all people. It was in Philly, so I assume that had something to do with it.

NXT, Lucha Underground, three months til Summerslam, hundreds of thousands of hours of classic footage at your fingertips because we live in the future?

I was being optimistic.

What reason is there to be optimistic about wrestling?

• Like 2

Awwww man, this is awful.

Tmz.com/#Article/2015/05/07/wrestling-tragedy-man-kills-toddler-imitating-undertaker-move

Dude was playing with his kid. Tried to do the Last Ride onto his bed. He missed the bed. The kid died.

It's easy to cast stones at this guy, but I've wrestled around with my nephew a hundred times and thrown him onto his bed before. Though, 18-months-old is pretty damn young...

EDIT: Oh wait, it wasn't his kid.

I think I'm the only one that thinks TOOL could have been a huge player in XPW. 

Because Gary Key was never particularly good. Or tolerable to be around.

Cross posting from the pod threaD

TIJ - EP141 - Paranormal Dean Ambrose

Dean Ambrose returns to TIJ to talk Big Foot vs the Yeti (there is a difference), Lake Monsters, UFOs, the pyramids, and the moon landing. He also shares his own ghost stories, and explains why he'll never take a journey into space.

I was being optimistic.

What reason is there to be optimistic about wrestling?

If that's true, why are you wasting your life here?

Don't do that man. We're all buddies here, even when the product is depressing.

I wonder that myself.  I don't comment much any more since I simply don't feel like getting into arguments about stuff.  I watch for the people I enjoy watching, but I try not to get too emotionally invested in anyone.  I just let it be and want to avoid getting too wound up in who wins and loses.  The perspective of a bitter jaded middle-aged rasslin fan doesn't mean much in the big picture.

Awwww man, this is awful.

Tmz.com/#Article/2015/05/07/wrestling-tragedy-man-kills-toddler-imitating-undertaker-move

Dude was playing with his kid. Tried to do the Last Ride onto his bed. He missed the bed. The kid died.

It's easy to cast stones at this guy, but I've wrestled around with my nephew a hundred times and thrown him onto his bed before. Though, 18-months-old is pretty damn young...

EDIT: Oh wait, it wasn't his kid.

Saw that on the WO board.  I have no problem casting stones at the guy.  Yeah, if the kid's a few years old maybe it's fine within reason.  But why in the fuck would he think this was a good idea in the first place?  Kid was 18, not even his.  At 20 years old the guy should have known better.  Beyond stupid of him to do that.

The article link isn't working, but I don't know.  I say he's a fucking idiot.  I wrestle with my 2 and a half year old all the time.  She likes to rough house.  She's like the Dolph Ziggler of toddlers, she will take any bump.  Still, I never let go of her, never drop her, never do anything that could in anyway hurt her.  We play around and she yells "german suplex" and I grab her waist and lift her up, but she always lands on me.  You have to be a real fucking moron to actual drop a kid, bed or no bed.  

• Like 4

Cross posting from the pod threaD

TIJ - EP141 - Paranormal Dean Ambrose

Dean Ambrose returns to TIJ to talk Big Foot vs the Yeti (there is a difference), Lake Monsters, UFOs, the pyramids, and the moon landing. He also shares his own ghost stories, and explains why he'll never take a journey into space.

Paging Dr. piranesi... paging Dr. piranesi...

• Like 1

Vince Russo, probably thinking he isn't likeable enough on his own, decided to get the one podcast guest who everyone agrees is a ray of sunshine to brighten up that show: Bill DeMott.

And on that show, Bill had this to say:

"I always use the term it’s never the quarterback, it’s the coach. Millennials, I think right that’s what this generation is called the millennials. I think it’s in the whole world. So what I can say and what I will say is as a dad as you are, as I am, I try to figure that out to keep my children away from that entitlement.

I guess it’s old school that you get what you earn and you try to earn what you want. I think that’s all I am going to say about that because I think no matter what the case, Walmart, Publix, IBM, I always use IBM I don’t know why, I go to a lot of management seminars and that’s a lot of the conversation, the opening conversation: ‘What do we do when they don’t like that?’ And I want to walk out because I’m not going to learn anything if I’m still trying to figure out.

It’s tough, it’s going to be tough for whoever has to figure out what they want tomorrow.”

........what?

• Like 1